BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

2 minutes ago, briansol said:

Looks like a proper defender. Can head and likes a tackle

One thing is for sure. He doesn't fuck around! Might be a little on the rash side potentially. Without seeing the times he gets it wrong, it's hard to tell whether he has terrific instincts for when to stick a foot in, or if he is a bit over-eager to do it and might come undone against a quick or silken-footed striker in this league.

Definite no-prisoners type. Actually decent technique as well by the look of it. Being captain suggests he is a leader, precisely what our defence needs (then again, Mulgrew is our captain...). I'd take him based on what I've seen so far.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, briansol said:

Been a long time since we've had any players who like to put a tackle in..been too soft for too long...miss the days when Rovers were known for physical play...sign him up!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

One thing is for sure. He doesn't fuck around! Might be a little on the rash side potentially. Without seeing the times he gets it wrong, it's hard to tell whether he has terrific instincts for when to stick a foot in, or if he is a bit over-eager to do it and might come undone against a quick or silken-footed striker in this league.

Definite no-prisoners type. Actually decent technique as well by the look of it. Being captain suggests he is a leader, precisely what our defence needs (then again, Mulgrew is our captain...). I'd take him based on what I've seen so far.

But, if I remember rightly, wasn't Hanley 'club captain' of Norwich City last season, despite not playing too often for them in the Championship?

What's to stop Mulgrew being our Club captain with this feller being our team captain? Sorry to be a bit brutal but I like the sound of him & Linehan being the first choice centre-half pairing.

2 hours ago, briansol said:

2 hours ago, Fraserkirky said:

Looks like he eats people in his spare time. Exactly what we are looking for, will be perfect!

If we sign him I'm getting a shirt with his name on the back, he looks an animal!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, m1st said:

But, if I remember rightly, wasn't Hanley 'club captain' of Norwich City last season, despite not playing too often for them in the Championship?

What's to stop Mulgrew being our Club captain with this feller being our team captain? Sorry to be a bit brutal but I like the sound of him & Linehan being the first choice centre-half pairing.

No what I was getting at is that although being captain for his club implies this guy is a leader on the pitch, Mulgrew is our captain and is rather shit at leading on the pitch. So it doesn't necessarily mean that.

The footage looks like that of a leader to me though. In deed at least.

8 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Nope, tbf Sharpe tweeted around 2pm. Lyle Thomas (Of Sky) at 3pm and Sky got onto it around 4pm.

Maybe TM dropped a dime and told him to, try to calm the restless hoardes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

No what I was getting at is that although being captain for his club implies this guy is a leader on the pitch, Mulgrew is our captain and is rather shit at leading on the pitch. So it doesn't necessarily mean that.

The footage looks like that of a leader to me though. In deed at least.

There is at least one part of the video where he is bollockin somebody.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, briansol said:

He looks to have exactly the tools we need.

Which means Mowbray will be looking elsewhere. He is a player who would be a first team starter but that means he will upset ‘the group’.

I fear that new contract we have given Mulgrew will prevent signings like this for at least another 12 months.

Come on Tony - prove me wrong!

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

He looks to have exactly the tools we need.

Which means Mowbray will be looking elsewhere. He is a player who would be a first team starter but that means he will upset ‘the group’.

I fear that new contract we have given Mulgrew will prevent signings like this for at least another 12 months.

Come on Tony - prove me wrong!

Bothers me that does, how the hell else do we expect to get better, or even attract good players in the first place.  I also have a strong Gut feel that Tony's insistance on pulling this.crap is the reason for the delay in getting the City kid through the door  Grrrr.  Rothwell who could have helped us sat out a large chunk of the season cos of it

• Like 2

Just now, USABlue said:

Bothers me that does, how the hell else do we expect to get better, or even attract good players in the first place.  I also have a strong Gut feel that Tony's insistance on pulling this.crap is the reason for the delay in getting the City kid through the door  Grrrr.  Rothwell who could have helped us sat out a large chunk of the season cos of it

Yeap. Its almost like primary school behavior. I can't even believe that mowbray rates the likes of Evans, Smallwood & Bennett? Yes they have done their good deeds and been good servantS. But we have to have better options in order to move forward. 

• Like 1

Just now, BankEnd Rover said:

Yeap. Its almost like primary school behavior. I can't even believe that mowbray rates the likes of Evans, Smallwood & Bennett? Yes they have done their good deeds and been good servantS. But we have to have better options in order to move forward. 

It’s also telling that we can’t seem to sell players like Smallwood et al. Largely because of the wages that they have been awarded. Nobody was beating down our door for them anyway but when they are being paid over the odds it’s even more difficult. So while they are here and being paid the most, they play.

• Like 1

On 26/07/2019 at 18:23, RoversClitheroe said:

He won manager of the month wooo. Think you're forgetting we lost 10 odd games in a row. 2 points off playoffs in December. Chance to invest to consolidate our position. Didn't consolidate and sent a defender away. 

February onwards our position was already set as we messed up so badly. Then we had a run of fixtures against teams pretty much safe and not fighting for anything. 

So please explain to me how it's not straightforward? 

Nah, I couldn't be bothered. I do know that the majority of fans didn't want him sacked. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, DE. said:

As long as they get games, for sure. You just wonder who in the first team would be dropping below them in the pecking order. If Buckley is being seen as a CM option then he has Travis, Johnson, Evans, Smallwood and even potentially Bennett to contend with. If it's AMC then he's got Dack and Rothwell to get past. I'm not sure what position we're thinking about for JRC, he's just classed as a "midfielder" on the website so assumedly facing similar obstacles? 

Ya, some players are going to be unhappy when they see the team next weekend. 

Hopefully not the fans too ?

• Like 1