BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

4 hours ago, philipl said:

Manchester Evening News report Man U expecting 8 signings before 8 August and names them with their Sky Bet odds rating all of them unlikely.

They'll be signing Thomas the Tank Engine at this rate.

And Solksjaer came out the other day and said he wouldn't mind if they didn't sign anyone

Comical 

Nuttall linked with Blackpool

https://the72.co.uk/140219/blackpool-plotting-swoop-for-blackburn-rovers-striker/

I’m a fan of Nuttall but I think he should go.

He clearly won’t get a chance here. Brereton has been brought in and occupies the understudy role that Joe will feel he has earned after serving his time and performing in the U23s. Unfortunately for him, Mowbray has staked his reputation on Brereton while nobody would bat an eyelid if Nutts left. It will also be a headache cure for Mowbray if he gets shut.

Personally I wish Nuttall well and think that we wasted £7m that we now don’t have for defenders. If it was a case of use it or lose it then he should have bought two defenders. If someone stopped him from doing that and the money was only available for a striker (that we didn’t need) the Mowbray should have walked away.

• Like 5

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

No, just shows that it's difficult for pretty much every team to do transfers. I could share quotes echoing this from Guardiola  or Solskjaer! 

Well 3 clubs will have managed it and they'll be promoted. We won't be one of them.

42 minutes ago, Stuart said:

It’s also telling that we can’t seem to sell players like Smallwood et al. Largely because of the wages that they have been awarded. Nobody was beating down our door for them anyway but when they are being paid over the odds it’s even more difficult. So while they are here and being paid the most, they play.

But you you don’t know what they earn, who has or hasn’t enquired for them or if the club even wants rid of them?

I would personally like to see Smallwood go but I’d want to keep Bennett and Evans as back up to the first team.

Just now, Paul Mani said:

But you you don’t know what they earn, who has or hasn’t enquired for them or if the club even wants rid of them?

I would personally like to see Smallwood go but I’d want to keep Bennett and Evans as back up to the first team.

Are Evans & Bennett classed as "backup" though? I honestly don't think Bennett ever will. Possibly (Hopefully) Evans will be this season. 

• Like 2

Just now, BankEnd Rover said:

Are Evans & Bennett classed as "backup" though? I honestly don't think Bennett ever will. Possibly (Hopefully) Evans will be this season. 

I don’t know mate. My feeling / hope is that at some point this season (by October) we will have settled down with the new players, including the expected two new defenders and we’ll have a bench of Leutwiler, Bennett, Mulgrew, Evans, Downing, Brereton and Graham with the likes of Buckley, Butterworth, JRC and Grayson / Magloire backing them up and a team of

Walton

Nyambe | Lenihan | German/Croat | Bell

Travis | Johnson

Armstrong | Dack | Rothwell

Gallagher

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 2

Just now, OssyLad said:

Must be only me who thinks Evans is under rated and is a decent back up ?

He has certain elements to him which are key to maybe seeing out a game. A perfect substitute role.

Travis & Johnson (also Reed) have what Evans have but also have an threat in the attack. Something Evans does not have. Hence why he needs to be on the bench IMO.

Edited by BankEnd Rover

Just now, OssyLad said:

You might think Evans is decent backup but does he?  Evans has been decent overall but never consistently good and for a passing team looking for the top 6 he's not good enough IMO, will he want to happy spending most of the season on the bench?

So by the close of play today will we see a signing or will it ALL be dragged out to deadline day/loan deadline day.
Scenario on deadline day: TM "We had a few irons in the fire but couldn't get them across the line in time, but we've sold Dack and Lenhan for peanuts so next January we might add some depth".

Edited by markhayhurst
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Nuttall linked with Blackpool

https://the72.co.uk/140219/blackpool-plotting-swoop-for-blackburn-rovers-striker/

I’m a fan of Nuttall but I think he should go.

He clearly won’t get a chance here. Brereton has been brought in and occupies the understudy role that Joe will feel he has earned after serving his time and performing in the U23s. Unfortunately for him, Mowbray has staked his reputation on Brereton while nobody would bat an eyelid if Nutts left. It will also be a headache cure for Mowbray if he gets shut.

Personally I wish Nuttall well and think that we wasted £7m that we now don’t have for defenders. If it was a case of use it or lose it then he should have bought two defenders. If someone stopped him from doing that and the money was only available for a striker (that we didn’t need) the Mowbray should have walked away.

I think Brereton will end up being be our first choice striker this year.

Joe Nutt will do well in league 1. But like Bell and Smallwood, that is his place imo.

5 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I don’t know mate. My feeling / hope is that at some point this season (by October) we will have settled down with the new players, including the expected two new defenders and we’ll have a bench of Leutwiler, Bennett, Mulgrew, Evans, Downing, Brereton and Graham with the likes of Buckley, Butterworth, JRC and Grayson / Magloire backing them up and a team of

Walton

Nyambe | Lenihan | German/Croat | Bell

Travis | Johnson

Armstrong | Dack | Rothwell

Gallagher

Oh come on.

Bennett and Mulgrew will be permanent first team fixtures for a long time yet and no way is Mowbray leaving out Bennett for Nyambe, now, October or May

It does seem that Evan's has at least been relegated to being behind Travis and Johnson though so that's one plus.

Also Rothwell, I'd say in Mowbrays head he's behind Armstrong, Gallagher & Brereton for the "wide forward" roles at the moment.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, OssyLad said:

I think most of the players usually picked as deadwood are decent back up to be honest. Bennett, Smallwood, Evans, Mulgrew - all players who won't be major cogs in a promotion winning team, but played big parts in some good spells for us last season.

Whether we can afford to keep them as back up is a different question, as is how much they should get in the way of promising young talent, but I really don't get the clamour to see them leave the club entirely if they're happy to fight for their place. 

• Like 5

What's crack with Harrison Reed? Has he actually played in pre season or remotely look like he's going to get a game for them? Not that I expect us to sign him but if he goes out on loan again he will be 25 years old by time he goes back there. Crazy. Surely sh*t or get off the pot with that one now? 

• Like 2

Just now, Neal said:

What's crack with Harrison Reed? Has he actually played in pre season or remotely look like he's going to get a game for them? Not that I expect us to sign him but if he goes out on loan again he will be 25 years old by time he goes back there. Crazy. Surely sh*t or get off the pot with that one now? 

I believed he featured against Preston. Saw that on his Instagram. Not sure about anything else though.

Just now, BankEnd Rover said:

I believed he featured against Preston. Saw that on his Instagram. Not sure about anything else though.

Would have loved to have seen him and Trav in the middle this season. 

• Like 1