BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, Neal said:

What's crack with Harrison Reed? Has he actually played in pre season or remotely look like he's going to get a game for them? Not that I expect us to sign him but if he goes out on loan again he will be 25 years old by time he goes back there. Crazy. Surely sh*t or get off the pot with that one now? 

Fast falling into Todd Kane territory.

Just now, Neal said:

Would have loved to have seen him and Trav in the middle this season. 

I think we all would. However i'm excited to see Johnson in the middle. Think him & Travis could work. Personally feel Johnson is more than an upgrade to Evans - We will see though.

Just now, BankEnd Rover said:

I think we all would. However i'm excited to see Johnson in the middle. Think him & Travis could work. Personally feel Johnson is more than an upgrade to Evans - We will see though.

He's more what we need imo. Reed was a very tidy player who I would've been very happy if we re-signed, but he was as guilty as the rest of the team for not being as canny as they needed to be last season. Don't think we can say that about Johnson. 

10 minutes ago, Neal said:

What's crack with Harrison Reed? Has he actually played in pre season or remotely look like he's going to get a game for them? Not that I expect us to sign him but if he goes out on loan again he will be 25 years old by time he goes back there. Crazy. Surely sh*t or get off the pot with that one now? 

A victim of the PL buy-to-let culture. Would walk into our team but can’t get close to Southampton’s but will be priced out of a move.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Are Evans & Bennett classed as "backup" though? I honestly don't think Bennett ever will. Possibly (Hopefully) Evans will be this season. 

I think Bennett will lose his place to a proper defender. Either Nyambe or a signing. What worries me more is Mulgrew as a key starter alongside a converted midfielder at LB in Downing. That seems an absolute recipe for disaster.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Neal said:

That's a great little saying that Neal, "Shit or get off the pot", I'll be using that one in the future.

Harrison Reed in (3 million with add-ons)

Smallwood (500k), Evans (1.5m), Nutall (250k), Samuel (250k), Gladwin out (£0). Plus their wages off the books, surely we could stretch ourselves to bring Reed back. We'd also reduce our bloated squad and free-up space for Buckley, JRC etc to make an impact this season.

Win-Win, surely?

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Oh come on.

Bennett and Mulgrew will be permanent first team fixtures for a long time yet and no way is Mowbray leaving out Bennett for Nyambe, now, October or May

It does seem that Evan's has at least been relegated to being behind Travis and Johnson though so that's one plus.

Also Rothwell, I'd say in Mowbrays head he's behind Armstrong, Gallagher & Brereton for the "wide forward" roles at the moment.

I take your point on Bennett but with Ada and Nyambe chasing that position down he won’t hang on forever.

Why will Mulgrew be a permenant fixture? He was dropped for Williams for the last two months of last season....so logic would say he’s only starting because Williams is injured.

Rothwell has been our best player since March and I fully expect him to start.

• Like 2

Just now, Lie_still_Rover said:

That's a great little saying that Neal, "Shit or get off the pot", I'll be using that one in the future.

Smallwood (500k), Evans (1.5m), Nutall (250k), Samuel (250k), Gladwin out (£0). Plus their wages off the books, surely we could stretch ourselves to bring Reed back. We'd also reduce our bloated squad and free-up space for Buckley, JRC etc to make an impact this season.

Win-Win, surely?

Got to find buyers though. Can't see anyone showing much interest in our players Nuttall aside. Plus we really don't need more centre mids, let's focus our time and energy on defenders.

• Like 2

• Backroom

The problem with Evans as back up, as others have mentioned, is that he isn't being paid a back up player's wage. Why hand him a new contract last season on what was probably the same level of wage just to sit on the bench? I doubt he would be happy with that and other players being paid less but starting ahead of him would be perfectly entitled to ask the manager to raise their salaries accordingly. It's best for all parties if Evans moves on imo, but I get the feeling Mowbray does not see him as a backup option and we'll be seeing more of Evans than people are assuming. 

• Like 3

Just now, Paul Mani said:

I take your point on Bennett but with Ada and Nyambe chasing that position down he won’t hang on forever.

Why will Mulgrew be a permenant fixture? He was dropped for Williams for the last two months of last season....so logic would say he’s only starting because Williams is injured.

Rothwell has been our best player since March and I fully expect him to start.

Mulgrew wasn't dropped despirte his really poor form. He got injured and when he came back Williams had played a few decent games at cb so was left on the bench.

• Like 1

Just now, DE. said:

The problem with Evans as back up, as others have mentioned, is that he isn't being paid a back up player's wage. Why hand him a new contract last season on what was probably the same level of wage just to sit on the bench? I doubt he would be happy with that and other players being paid less but starting ahead of him would be perfectly entitled to ask the manager to raise their salaries accordingly. It's best for all parties if Evans moves on imo, but I get the feeling Mowbray does not see him as a backup option and we'll be seeing more of Evans than people are assuming. 

Aye good point. If I see Evans starting and the likes of Rothwell on the bench then that's it for me. 

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 1

Just now, BankEnd Rover said:

Aye good point. If I see Evans starting and the likes of Rothwell on the bench then that's it for me. 

Rothwell being a starter or not is one major thing making me delay getting a season ticket. I don't think I can take another season of watching his talent stagnate on the bench. 

• Like 3

Just now, RoverKyle said:

Not sure whether there is one already but Rothwell definitely needs a chant. During the L1 season you could see Mowbray getting twitchy on the sidelines whenever we chanted for Chapman. Give the fans what they want.

Super Joey Rothwell is one for Joe isn't it?

• Backroom

Not sure whether there is one already but Rothwell definitely needs a chant. During the L1 season you could see Mowbray getting twitchy on the sidelines whenever we chanted for Chapman. Give the fans what they want.

How's about Belter by Gerry Cinnamon..

He is a belter,

Different from the rest,

His name is Joey Rothwell and he always trys his best (open to suggestions)

He is a dancer, and he dances in my dreams, 

Feet as fast as lightning and he's better than Messi

He is a belter....

I don't think it's too bad ??

• Like 7

There are a few that don't have chants, Lennihan being another (unless I'm not aware). 

20 minutes ago, Lie_still_Rover said:

Win-Win, surely?

Two main issues there, dunno if we would get someone to pay that for Evans and I doubt Reed will leave for less than 5 million. 

Reed for Evans would be great business though 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, markhayhurst said:

So by the close of play today will we see a signing or will it ALL be dragged out to deadline day/loan deadline day.
Scenario on deadline day: TM "We had a few irons in the fire but couldn't get them across the line in time, but we've sold Dack and Lenhan for peanuts so next January we might add some depth".

That could be scarily prescient.? 

I think he'd more likely end up with something on the lines of "... across the line in time. We had offers for Dack and Lenihan which were too good to turn down and will allow us to push on in January towards promotion."

Just now, Madon said:

He is a belter,

Different from the rest,

He is a belter....

On the subject of new songs, I'm still shocked that the wider footballing fraternity hasn't made use of Baby Shark. Perfect fit for a football song.

Even works for our Bradley.

Bradley Dack doo doo doo doo doo doo 

Bradley Dack doo doo doo doo doo doo 

Bradley Dack doo doo doo doo doo doo 

Bradley Dack!

Just now, Madon said:

He is a belter,

Different from the rest,

He is a belter....

Haha that’s class to be fair ??

• Like 1