BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

1 minute ago, Madon said:

How's about Belter by Gerry Cinnamon..

He is a belter,

Different from the rest,

His name is Joey Rothwell and he always trys his best (open to suggestions)

He is a dancer, and he dances in my dreams, 

Feet as fast as lightning and he's better than Messi

He is a belter....

I don't think it's too bad ??

Your song, your job to get it going. Pressure's on. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Mulgrew wasn't dropped despirte his really poor form. He got injured and when he came back Williams had played a few decent games at cb so was left on the bench.

Ahhh so he was fit but DIDNT play? Ergo...??

• Like 1

Just now, JoeHarvey said:

Steve Waggott saying Adarabioyo had complications over weekend. He didn’t say it was dead but insinuated it might be.

Hopefully, that'll open the door to a big, preferably ugly, experienced centre-half - not bothered if he's Croatian, German or whatever nationality - who will be ready-made to replace Mulgrew in the back four.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Stuart said:

Nuttall linked with Blackpool

https://the72.co.uk/140219/blackpool-plotting-swoop-for-blackburn-rovers-striker/

I’m a fan of Nuttall but I think he should go.

He clearly won’t get a chance here. Brereton has been brought in and occupies the understudy role that Joe will feel he has earned after serving his time and performing in the U23s. Unfortunately for him, Mowbray has staked his reputation on Brereton while nobody would bat an eyelid if Nutts left. It will also be a headache cure for Mowbray if he gets shut.

Personally I wish Nuttall well and think that we wasted £7m that we now don’t have for defenders. If it was a case of use it or lose it then he should have bought two defenders. If someone stopped him from doing that and the money was only available for a striker (that we didn’t need) the Mowbray should have walked away.

I think this would be a very poor move on our part. I may be in a minority of one but I think Nuttall looks fairly promising and if it's Blackpool in for him we'll only be looking at peanuts anyway

So in many ways it's another Raya type situation. Lose Lose.  We might let him go for next to nothing and watch him go on to become a very decent player.

Samuel on the other hand.......  I think we'd be letting the wrong one go.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, DE. said:

The problem with Evans as back up, as others have mentioned, is that he isn't being paid a back up player's wage. Why hand him a new contract last season on what was probably the same level of wage just to sit on the bench? I doubt he would be happy with that and other players being paid less but starting ahead of him would be perfectly entitled to ask the manager to raise their salaries accordingly. It's best for all parties if Evans moves on imo, but I get the feeling Mowbray does not see him as a backup option and we'll be seeing more of Evans than people are assuming. 

You’re overthinking this. It doesn’t matter what we’re paying him unless you’re paying the wages. The fact of the matter is that since he signed that contract we have now replaced him with Travis and Johnson. So from a fans point of view, why would we get rid of an international player who can back out team up?

More importantly, teams who play for those top 6 positions need to have players of Evans calibre in their bench.

Just now, Paul Mani said:

More importantly, teams who play for those top 6 positions need to have players of Evans calibre in their bench.

Nice new spin you're trying to put on it but Evans isn't good enough, whether starting or as back up. And he has the added downside of probably being one of our higher earners.

If you're not good enough if doesn't matter if you're playing for nothing, there's no point having you around the Club.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Selling Nuttall for what we paid for Dack would be some business...

Or it will show what a lucky break it was that Dack was damaged goods at the point Reading wanted rid. Two court cases was it?

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Nice new spin you're trying to put on it but Evans isn't good enough, whether starting or as back up. And he has the added downside of probably being one of our higher earners.

If you're not good enough if doesn't matter if you're playing for nothing, there's no point having you around the Club.

Ffs...what spin? My opinion is that Evans is good enough to back up Travis and Johnson. Just like Darren Fletcher backed up a Scholes and Keane and Billy McKinley backed up Tugay and Flitcroft. Essentially, the back up is a lesser player, hence why they ‘back up’. But in terms of the squad, when Evans arrived he was backed up by the likes of Lowe, Akpan and Guthrie. So the fact that we’re now even discussing Evans as back up or for sale proves that we have progressed.

imo Smallwood is not good enough but to simply say that they’re essentially both the same is to ignore Evans career in the championship and international caps vs Richie’s jobbing around League 1 career.

Why is that so difficult for you to understand? 

• Like 2

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Certainly feels like it is down to guarantees around game time with the City lad. 

Now do you see the problem with loans? Being told by the parent club how often  he should play or the deal ends up falling through.

Not that I believe that is the issue. We ought to have discovered City's demands right back at the start. Not the sort of thing they are likely to suddenly spring upon us at the last minute.

Personally I'm bored rigid with the whole thing now. I'm disappointed with pre season and disappointed with our business. I'm certainly not going to get upset that a 2 week pursuit of a loan looks like ending in failure. 

Such a shame as this summer with £5 million available and no pressure to sell anyone we could have made a lot of progress. Instead here we are no better off, arguably worse, than last season from a defensive point of view.

• Like 1

Just now, Stuart said:

Or it will show what a lucky break it was that Dack was damaged goods at the point Reading wanted rid. Two court cases was it?

Maybe. Still a good deal. As would £750,000 for Nuttall.

Edited by Mattyblue

Just now, Stuart said:

Would be a good deal for Blackpool. ‘Potential’ cost us 10 times that.

Would be a good deal for us. He will never, ever be a Championship level striker.

BB being a crazy fee doesn’t change that.

• Like 5

Why is that so difficult for you to understand? 

I understand that's what you think but in my opinion you're wrong.

Having the likes of Jason Lowe who you refer to around the Club was of no real benefit whether starting or as back up and it's the same with Evans.

• Like 2

Just now, JHRover said:

Now do you see the problem with loans? Being told by the parent club how often  he should play or the deal ends up falling through.

Not that I believe that is the issue. We ought to have discovered City's demands right back at the start. Not the sort of thing they are likely to suddenly spring upon us at the last minute.

Personally I'm bored rigid with the whole thing now. I'm disappointed with pre season and disappointed with our business. I'm certainly not going to get upset that a 2 week pursuit of a loan looks like ending in failure. 

Such a shame as this summer with £5 million available and no pressure to sell anyone we could have made a lot of progress. Instead here we are no better off, arguably worse, than last season from a defensive point of view.

Now do I see the problem with loans? Am, no. I see problems with this loan. Used properly the loan market is a great facility. Teams have been promoted from the division on the back of utilising it effectively. So what do you think the issue with deal is?

Ya, if don't get defenders in it will be bad, keep the faith though man! 

Ffs...what spin? My opinion is that Evans is good enough to back up Travis and Johnson. Just like Darren Fletcher backed up a Scholes and Keane and Billy McKinley backed up Tugay and Flitcroft.

Billy McKinley was about 2 years before Tugay ?

• Like 4