BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Now do I see the problem with loans? Am, no. I see problems with this loan. Used properly the loan market is a great facility. Teams have been promoted from the division on the back of utilising it effectively. So what do you think the issue with deal is?

Ya, if don't get defenders in it will be bad, keep the faith though man! 

So going after a loan player, getting the deal almost done, then discovering at the 11th hour that the lending club, as is their right, are making appearance demands to protect their player and investment, and those demands are too much for us to agree to so the deal falls through. 2 weeks wasted. 

Do you not think the vast majority of clubs loaning players out will want to ensure their player gets game time? Otherwise why bother loaning him out?

Only have to look at how Harper, Palmer and Reed went on here to see why clubs might be reluctant to give Mowbray freedom to do as he wishes and might want to put apperance demands into the deal.

First question that gets asked. How much is it going to cost and are there any clauses/stipulations attached. If we can't or won't do it then it goes no further and we move on. Must be amateur hour.

• Like 3

• Backroom
14 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

So from a fans point of view, why would we get rid of an international player who can back out team up?

Because he's not very good, is injury prone and his wages could be put to better use elsewhere. Simple as that, no overthinking involved. You obviously rate him a lot higher than I do, so our perspectives will differ, but for me we would lose absolutely nothing if Evans was moved on. 

Edited by DE.
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Neal said:

There are a few that don't have chants, Lennihan being another (unless I'm not aware). 

Off the top of my head there's got to be a shout for 'It's Raining Men' by The Weather Girls for him:

It's raining men Lenihan, hallelujah, it's raining men Lenihan, amen
I'm gonna go out to run and let myself get
Absolutely soaking wet
It's raining men Lenihan, hallelujah
It's raining men Lenihan... 

etc. etc.

Might need to work on the bit about getting soaking wet - sounds a bit too homo-erotic for me....

• Like 5

Just now, yeti-dog said:

Off the top of my head there's got to be a shout for 'It's Raining Men' by The Weather Girls for him:

Absolutely soaking wet

etc. etc.

Might need to work on the bit about getting soaking wet - sounds a bit too homo-erotic for me....

Haha tickled me that.

31 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Ffs...what spin? My opinion is that Evans is good enough to back up Travis and Johnson. Just like Darren Fletcher backed up a Scholes and Keane and Billy McKinley backed up Tugay and Flitcroft. 

You've got your player's mixed up if you think that McKinlay was back up to Tugay.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, yeti-dog said:

Absolutely soaking wet

etc. etc.

How do you all do that line through the words things it looks well cool and I wish I could do it .....

26 minutes ago, tugay5 said:

Waggot and Mowbray doing a Q&A at Ewood for the hospitality guests. Imagine transfers are being discussed. Anyone there able to provide an update on here? 

Let's hope Mowbray's comments prove nearer the mark than those in Blues back in Feb..  Talk is cheap.

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

I take your point on Bennett but with Ada and Nyambe chasing that position down he won’t hang on forever.

Why will Mulgrew be a permenant fixture? He was dropped for Williams for the last two months of last season....so logic would say he’s only starting because Williams is injured.

Rothwell has been our best player since March and I fully expect him to start.

I think Mulgrew got injured, then TM just kept Williams in because he had a couple of good games, and the fact the games were just glorified pre season friendlys at that point.

If the games had meant anything then you can bet Mulgrew would have been back in the side.

We'll see on Rothwell, but if I was a betting man then I'd suggest that Mowbray will start with Armstrong, Graham & Gallagher as his front three on Saturday.

• Like 1

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

You've got your player's mixed up if you think that McKinlay was back up to Tugay.

Can't make his mind up anyway. One minute he's telling us how highly the Club rate the likes of Buckley and Butterworth and are anxious to promote them, the next news he's telling us how blessed we are to have Evans as back up which if it were to be the case would block the progression of the youngsters stone dead.

• Like 1

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

I think Mulgrew got injured, then TM just kept Williams in because he had a couple of good games, and the fact the games were just glorified pre season friendlys at that point.

If the games had meant anything then you can bet Mulgrew would have been back in the side.

We'll see on Rothwell, but if I was a betting man then I'd suggest that Mowbray will start with Armstrong, Graham & Gallagher as his front three on Saturday.

As a starting forward line I would settle for that

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Can't make his mind up anyway. One minute he's telling us how highly the Club rate the likes of Buckley and Butterworth and are anxious to promote them, the next news he's telling us how blessed we are to have Evans as back up which if it were to be the case would block the progression of the youngsters stone dead.

Also, Darren Fletcher only became a United first team player in 2004. Keane was on his way out of United by then.

Poor stuff from the site ‘football man’.

• Like 2

Gone pretty quiet on the other keeper front. 

Is that it then, gone from promising young keeper who is our player with not enough competition to promising young keeper who isn't our player with not enough competition?

Way to go. ?

• Like 2

Just now, Fraserkirky said:

Where is my bloody centre half I was promised??

Venus couldn't work out the Croatian for "You'll only be coming in as a squad player son, you'll have to dislodge those already here if you want a first team place."

He's desperately working through Google Translate now to see if the German equivalent is any easier.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, geedog13 said:

How do you all do that line through the words things it looks well cool and I wish I could do it .....

When you click on 'quote' at the bottom of someones post to reply it's the 4th option on the top, the S with the line through it  Enjoy!.

• Like 1

Just now, yeti-dog said:

When you click on 'quote' at the bottom of someones post to reply it's the 4th option on the top, the S with the line through it  Enjoy!.

• Like 2

Just now, yeti-dog said:

Ah, wondered why I could never do it, the option shows up on a laptop but not on my mobile phone  seemingly.

2 hours ago, m1st said:

Hopefully, that'll open the door to a big, preferably ugly, experienced centre-half - not bothered if he's Croatian, German or whatever nationality - who will be ready-made to replace Mulgrew in the back four.

Aye and bizarrely M1st I bet they are both on a lot less money than the City kid.

bonkers

• Like 1