BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

1 hour ago, yeti-dog said:

Off the top of my head there's got to be a shout for 'It's Raining Men' by The Weather Girls for him:

It's raining men Lenihan, hallelujah, it's raining men Lenihan, amen
I'm gonna go out to run and let myself get
Absolutely soaking wet
It's raining men Lenihan, hallelujah
It's raining men Lenihan... 

etc. etc.

Might need to work on the bit about getting soaking wet - sounds a bit too homo-erotic for me....

I don't think you'll get blokes signing the melody to that song... Would be funny though! 

Simplest one I can come up with that people will sing is to KC & the sunshine band - 'Give it up' 

Nah nah nah nana nana nah

Daragh Lennihan! Lenihan! Daragh Lennihan!

Edited by Neal
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Ah well, as you were at the back then, heaven forbid. I just don't get it.

Could be worse I suppose if we were Trotters or Shakers.

You’re right, obviously, but that sits so wrong with me.

At this stage of a transfer window, with the attacking line we possess, even the middle of the park, we shouldn’t be settling for not supporting two clubs who have 35 minutes at the time of writing to practically avoid ceasing to exist.

The lack of defensive reinforcements, be it loans or permanents, is frankly embarrassing given our GA column last season. Here’s hoping something changes by Friday!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Nice new spin you're trying to put on it but Evans isn't good enough, whether starting or as back up. And he has the added downside of probably being one of our higher earners.

If you're not good enough if doesn't matter if you're playing for nothing, there's no point having you around the Club.

He was good enough for Hull when they went up just throwing that out there

• Like 1

11 hours ago, USABlue said:

Good distribution from the back and looks to have a bit of pace.  Not fast but not slow, half fast?

Does'nt mean owt, for all we know it could be the last 15mins of the game and he's just come on as a sub running down a players who's been on all game

Promo vids are'nt going to show him in a bad light

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Can't make his mind up anyway. One minute he's telling us how highly the Club rate the likes of Buckley and Butterworth and are anxious to promote them, the next news he's telling us how blessed we are to have Evans as back up which if it were to be the case would block the progression of the youngsters stone dead.

Nothing has changed about my opinions. I posted something this morning which pretty much spelt out how I see us challenging for the top six. If we had a first XI which pushed Bennett, Mulgrew, Evans etc onto the bench then bearing in mind they featured heavily last season, it would mean we were progressing as a team. The young lads sit in behind the 18 and are in the squad / team if there’s any loss of form or injury. 

Like I said, it’s not difficult. I don’t know why you struggle so much tbh.

Apart from that, I plated Johnson up for you all 24hrs before anyone else, told you that Buckley was going to be the star before they came back for preseason and have 100% maintained that I will not judge the manager on transfers until the transfer window is shut.

What do you bring to the table pal? A load of whinging dressed up as ‘balanced’ debate as far as I can see.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, yeti-dog said:

Off the top of my head there's got to be a shout for 'It's Raining Men' by The Weather Girls for him:

It's raining men Lenihan, hallelujah, it's raining men Lenihan, amen
I'm gonna go out to run and let myself get
Absolutely soaking wet
It's raining men Lenihan, hallelujah
It's raining men Lenihan... 

etc. etc.

Might need to work on the bit about getting soaking wet - sounds a bit too homo-erotic for me....

We can 'man it up' with  the F word whilst retaining the relevant  innuendo with the word 'tackle'?

"He's got a tackle that won't let you get 

Anywhere near, our f'kin net...

Its Lennihan, hallelujah 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Also, Darren Fletcher only became a United first team player in 2004. Keane was on his way out of United by then.

Poor stuff from the site ‘football man’.

This guy!! ???

Nice one Marty! ?

1 hour ago, AdamRochina said:

Didn't mowbray or someone say we should have one in today?  Lol

He did say he was hopeful. I advised folk not to hold their breath.... Seems like I was right and TM was all talk again. You'll get more truth from Pinocchio that TM lately 

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17802331.rovers-turn-attention-overseas-defender-search/

• Mowbray is keen to add up to two new defenders, and hopes to conclude them before the season opener against Charlton on Saturday.
  • A season-long loan deal for Manchester City youngster Adarabioyo appears to have stalled.
  • Fortuna Dusseldorf defender Robin Bormuth one of several under consideration, though the boss wouldn't be drawn on the identity of his targets.
  • It’s alright trying to buy players from Gillingham and wherever else we were looking.
  • We have been close with some signings but they aren’t easy.
Edited by markhayhurst

3 hours ago, JoeHarvey said:

TM suggests at least another signing before end of window. Vibe suggests Adarabioyo isn’t coming but never know.

I see a couple more yet coming in. 

3 hours ago, JHRover said:

Now do you see the problem with loans? Being told by the parent club how often  he should play or the deal ends up falling through.

Not that I believe that is the issue. We ought to have discovered City's demands right back at the start. Not the sort of thing they are likely to suddenly spring upon us at the last minute.

Personally I'm bored rigid with the whole thing now. I'm disappointed with pre season and disappointed with our business. I'm certainly not going to get upset that a 2 week pursuit of a loan looks like ending in failure. 

Such a shame as this summer with £5 million available and no pressure to sell anyone we could have made a lot of progress. Instead here we are no better off, arguably worse, than last season from a defensive point of view.

JH, wait until the window has ended please before overall judging. 

Can I please asked why you are disappointed with pre season and our business? 

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

So going after a loan player, getting the deal almost done, then discovering at the 11th hour that the lending club, as is their right, are making appearance demands to protect their player and investment, and those demands are too much for us to agree to so the deal falls through. 2 weeks wasted. 

Do you not think the vast majority of clubs loaning players out will want to ensure their player gets game time? Otherwise why bother loaning him out?

Only have to look at how Harper, Palmer and Reed went on here to see why clubs might be reluctant to give Mowbray freedom to do as he wishes and might want to put apperance demands into the deal.

First question that gets asked. How much is it going to cost and are there any clauses/stipulations attached. If we can't or won't do it then it goes no further and we move on. Must be amateur hour.

how do we know that City didn't change their terms or the player change his mind and wanted guarantee 1st team football?

Do you really think he was the only player we bid for in the last 2 weeks? I don't. Rovers will be putting offers in for players and seeing which one gets accept 

4 hours ago, DE. said:

The problem with Evans as back up, as others have mentioned, is that he isn't being paid a back up player's wage. Why hand him a new contract last season on what was probably the same level of wage just to sit on the bench? I doubt he would be happy with that and other players being paid less but starting ahead of him would be perfectly entitled to ask the manager to raise their salaries accordingly. It's best for all parties if Evans moves on imo, but I get the feeling Mowbray does not see him as a backup option and we'll be seeing more of Evans than people are assuming. 

I think Evans will be the back up for Travis and Johnson. Mowbray seems to see Buckley more of a number 10 then a centre mid player. 

14 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

What do you bring to the table pal? A load of whinging dressed up as ‘balanced’ debate as far as I can see.

Touchy.

I have my opinion, you have yours , neither particularly carries any more weight than the next person but you like to dress yours up as being more important because you crack on that you have some sort of inside track at the Club.

At least I'm here all the year round giving my opinion or "whinging" as you put it . You only pop up every transfer window and I'm increasingly convinced you're a Club plant placed to try and convince everyone that every move the Club makes is a masterstroke. 

No doubt you'll be back in January to try and convince everyone the market in that window is over-priced and we don't need to bring anyone in.

Until then I shall console myself with the thought that as you are now reduced to hurling cheap insults you've lost the substantive argument.

Toodlepip. See you in January.

• Like 4

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17802331.rovers-turn-attention-overseas-defender-search/

Mowbray is keen to add up to two new defenders, and hopes to conclude them before the season opener against Charlton on Saturday, with the transfer window open until August 8.

That includes overseas permanent signings, with Fortuna Dusseldorf defender Robin Bormuth one of several under consideration, though the boss wouldn't be drawn on the identity of his targets.

Mowbray says targets have been identified and deals worked on

Rovers have so far been unable to nail down their top European targets, but remaining hopeful, Mowbray said: “We have spoken a lot about the recruitment department and wanting it to grow.

“It’s alright trying to buy players from Gillingham and wherever else we were looking, if you look at the teams we’re aspiring to be like, you have to be in the market place to find these players.

“We have been close with some signings but they aren’t easy.

• Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray is keen to add up to two new defenders, and hopes to conclude them before the season opener against Charlton on Saturday, with the transfer window open until August 8.

That includes overseas permanent signings, with Fortuna Dusseldorf defender Robin Bormuth one of several under consideration, though the boss wouldn't be drawn on the identity of his targets.

Mowbray says targets have been identified and deals worked on

Rovers have so far been unable to nail down their top European targets, but remaining hopeful, Mowbray said: “We have spoken a lot about the recruitment department and wanting it to grow.

“It’s alright trying to buy players from Gillingham and wherever else we were looking, if you look at the teams we’re aspiring to be like, you have to be in the market place to find these players.

“We have been close with some signings but they aren’t easy.

two posts above Chaddy ;)

• Mowbray is keen to add up to two new defenders, and hopes to conclude them before the season opener against Charlton on Saturday.
  • A season-long loan deal for Manchester City youngster Adarabioyo appears to have stalled.
  • Fortuna Dusseldorf defender Robin Bormuth one of several under consideration, though the boss wouldn't be drawn on the identity of his targets.
  • It’s alright trying to buy players from Gillingham and wherever else we were looking.
  • We have been close with some signings but they aren’t easy.

37 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

We can 'man it up' with  the F word whilst retaining the relevant  innuendo with the word 'tackle'?

"He's got a tackle that won't let you get 

Anywhere near, our f'kin net...

Its Lennihan, hallelujah 

Much more manly, I can almost smell the testosterone from here...

• Like 1