BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, Miller11 said:

“But as I sit here today I’m relatively okay with it but we do need some defensive options that can compete with the players we’ve got.”

No Tony. We need some defenders to dislodge and replace the likes of Mulgrew. 

The young lads can provide the numbers. We need quality.

Maybe so but, come on, he's hardly likely to state 'we need to get some defenders in to replace the current motley crew' is he?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, markhayhurst said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17802331.rovers-turn-attention-overseas-defender-search/

• Mowbray is keen to add up to two new defenders, and hopes to conclude them before the season opener against Charlton on Saturday.
  • A season-long loan deal for Manchester City youngster Adarabioyo appears to have stalled.
  • Fortuna Dusseldorf defender Robin Bormuth one of several under consideration, though the boss wouldn't be drawn on the identity of his targets.
  • It’s alright trying to buy players from Gillingham and wherever else we were looking.
  • We have been close with some signings but they aren’t easy.

Same old **** different day.

Does he not sound more and more out of his depth at this level with every word he utters?

Look at the end of the article where he kills it stone dead yet again. 

"We do need some defensive options to come in and compete with the players we've got."

No we don't, we don't need players who are no better than what we've got padding out the squad.

We do need players who are better than the one's we've got who will come in and go straight into the team and improve it.

But that has been the case all over the pitch for the last 3 windows and it hasn't happened so no reason to suspect it will start happening now.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 5

Just now, yeti-dog said:

Maybe so but, come on, he's hardly likely to state 'we need to get some defenders in to replace the current motley crew' is he?

He’s already said ‘Listen, I’ve got no defence. We’ve conceded 69 goals, it’s not good enough. Defenders are coming’

So I don’t think saying ‘We want to strengthen the back four’ or ‘we want to sign a quality centre back’ should cause much of an issue

• Like 3

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Same old **** different day.

Does he not sound more and more out of his depth at this level with every word he utters?

Look at the end of the article where he kills it stone dead yet again. 

"We do need some defensive options to come in and compete with the players we've got."

No we don't, we don't need players who are no better than what we've got padding out the squad.

We do need players who are better than the one's we've got who will come in and go straight into the team and improve it.

But that has been the case all over the pitch for the last 3 windows and if hasn't happened so no reason to suspect it will start happening now.

it was this line that killed me “We have spoken a lot about the recruitment department and wanting it to grow".

Pretty much an acknowledgement that our recruitment dept is pants.

I’m not too fussed whether the city guy signs or not. He may well be a good player and I’d support him if he comes, but I’m not a huge fan of loan signings, especially when there’s little chance of signing them after their loan period. 

• Like 1

Just now, yeti-dog said:

If he did I can't see the problem. Who could object to him saying we're constantly looking to improve in every area of the pitch?

It's then up to them to prove they're worthy of keeping their place and proving the manager wrong.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17802331.rovers-turn-attention-overseas-defender-search/

Mowbray is keen to add up to two new defenders, and hopes to conclude them before the season opener against Charlton on Saturday, with the transfer window open until August 8.

That includes overseas permanent signings, with Fortuna Dusseldorf defender Robin Bormuth one of several under consideration, though the boss wouldn't be drawn on the identity of his targets.

Mowbray says targets have been identified and deals worked on

Rovers have so far been unable to nail down their top European targets, but remaining hopeful, Mowbray said: “We have spoken a lot about the recruitment department and wanting it to grow.

“It’s alright trying to buy players from Gillingham and wherever else we were looking, if you look at the teams we’re aspiring to be like, you have to be in the market place to find these players.

“We have been close with some signings but they aren’t easy.

IMO, bullsh1t, bullsh1t and more bullsh1t.

Beggars belief.

I don't think Mowbray has a plan or a clue what will happen next.

• Like 5

Just thinking out loud here.

Is it possible we've been interested in some players abroad but ala Gallagher, have decided to try and wait it out to keep the price down?

Difference being is we are coming to the end of the window whilst European clubs have a few weeks longer, So they're in no hurry to sell at a reduced rate.

Maybe I'm giving TM too much slack. Either way, I'll be well within my rights to judge next week and fingers crossed we pull something out the bag before then.

Just now, markhayhurst said:

it was this line that killed me “We have spoken a lot about the recruitment department and wanting it to grow".

The bit that got me was "We have been close with some signings but they aren't easy".

What does he want, a Blue Peter Badge, a pat on the back and for everyone to say "Ah well, never mind Tone you did your best, you gave it a "right good go".

If you're after a target then either you land them or you fail. It's no good trying to elicit sympathy because people "nearly" signed!

• Like 2

Just now, Traviscon said:

Just thinking out loud here.

Is it possible we've been interested in some players abroad but ala Gallagher, have decided to try and wait it out to keep the price down?

Difference being is we are coming to the end of the window whilst European clubs have a few weeks longer, So they're in no hurry to sell at a reduced rate.

Maybe I'm giving TM too much slack. Either way, I'll be well within my rights to judge next week and fingers crossed we pull something out the bag before then.

Yes but as he waits the value of the Euro gets even worse;) (Thanks for that British politics)

Just now, markhayhurst said:

An ITK'er informs me he took this photo recently of the Recruitment Departments company vehicle out on a scouting mission....

Image result for bodge it and scarper

17 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

“But as I sit here today I’m relatively okay with it but we do need some defensive options that can compete with the players we’ve got.”

No Tony. We need some defenders to dislodge and replace the likes of Mulgrew. 

The young lads can provide the numbers. We need quality.

That’s such an embarrassing climb down.

Defenders are coming!

Erm... on the bus from Leyland.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Would be a good deal for us. He will never, ever be a Championship level striker.

BB being a crazy fee doesn’t change that.

And Samuel will?

With the right manager Nuttall could definitely cut it in the Championship. Davies was turned into a PL player FFS.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, markhayhurst said:

“We have spoken a lot about the recruitment department and wanting it to grow".

Sid the long-serving scout is finding it hard in the digital age.

He's asked for an upgrade on his company Sierra. 

• Like 2

I think I'm just going to try and wait till the end of the window before passing judgement, he gives off so many conflicting intentions I just can't work him out anymore. He's doing my head in but if he pulls off a couple of cm decent defensive signings then I'll be pleased. 

• Like 4

Great news today about Hart injury not being too severe. He and Grayson would be great left back competition imo. Will be happy if we don't sign that Man City player. He's not highly thought of by West Brom fans, and he is clearly not keen to join. So he can jog on with the other fools. Excited to see what new names come up at centre back. :-)

• Like 3

Just now, Stuart said:

And Samuel will?

With the right manager Nuttall could definitely cut it in the Championship. Davies was turned into a PL player FFS.

No he’s also a poor player.

You obviously rate Nuttall, fair enough, game of opinions, but in my view he’ll never play at this level again. But he’s young enough to improve, so hope he does. 

• Like 1

Just now, Neal said:

I think I'm just going to try and wait till the end of the window before passing judgement, he gives off so many conflicting intentions I just can't work him out anymore. He's doing my head in but if he pulls off a couple of cm decent defensive signings then I'll be pleased. 

I'm the same. But the longer it goes on the more frustrating it is. We are 5 days until first game and still nothing.

Just now, Vilesinner said:

Great news today about Hart injury not being too severe. He and Grayson would be great left back competition imo. Will be happy if we don't sign that Man City player. He's not highly thought of by West Brom fans, and he is clearly not keen to join. So he can jog on with the other fools. Excited to see what new names come up at centre back. ?

So pleased Hart is ok. It’s been a real worry given how important he is for the first team.

Glad we didn’t sign that Man City defender who Guardiola is keen to blood sounds like he’d have been terrible given that the Baggies fans are throwing the sour grapes around.

We really have no recruitment strategy whatsoever.

• Like 1