BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

35 minutes ago, philipl said:

If you Google him, he has a single mother and two siblings. He bought a house for them all when he was 19 which cost over £2 million which even on City wages means he owes somebody a large amount of money. My guess his agent has excessive control but Mowbray has hinted his Mum is also involved in the delay.

But he would not take a wage cut coming to us would he? I thought it worked that we would pay 50% and they would pay 50%.... However, I am basing my knowledge on Fifa and FM :) 

4 hours ago, nathan_rovers1 said:

Parental issue, it's just down the road.... 

Bloody agents I would think! 

Parental issues - this could actually translate to parents wanting some guarantees about playing time. If he was my son - I would want some assurances - as going to the Championship to warm the bench won't help his career. At the end of the day he isnt coming to Rovers because he is a fan - it is about playing time to further his career.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5253633/Man-City-footballer-20-25k-week-buys-market-2-25m-home.html

He is on £25k per week and his brother is agent.

Sounds like a totally toxic combination which is going to cause nothing but trouble. The mere fact this story appeared in the Mail means his brother needs a serious talking to. 

That said he has been seriously discussed on City fan boards as possibly being ready to step up as a Kompany replacement.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AAK said:

Totally agree, very poor footballer.

Scored a lot of goals in under 23s. When I've seen him I agree that his first touch is poor. Admittedly he has scored goals in first team but not good enough for this level. If the team wants to progress Nuttall isn't one to aid this

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

In my opinion there are a whole host of clubs in the very same or worse position than we are. I can’t understand why people can’t see this, all clubs are sitting back and waiting for the last few days hence why we can’t or haven’t sold players YET.

How many other clubs have started pre season games with a defence made up entirely of midfielders and in February had no fit CBs?

• Like 1

Just now, JHRover said:

How many other clubs have started pre season games with a defence made up entirely of midfielders and in February had no fit CBs?

Ah come on. Lenihan and Mulgrew are defenders. Both play in defence for their national teams. Downing was covering for Bell after Hart got injured vs Bury. The only odd one is Bennett who for me is a midfielder.

The real point here is that Bennett and Mulgrew in defence are not good enough to take us to a top 6 finish. Bell improved towards the end of last season but question marks still hang over him. For what it’s worth I quite liked the look of Hart in preseason. Looks more aggressive and imposing than Bell.

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 2

Just now, Eddie said:

Glad to see this racist nonsense getting another go-around in this thread.

Expected more of you - especially expected you to be aware of the fact that this is the article Sterling used as an example of the differences in tabloid coverage of black and white players. 

We don’t know why this deal is falling through. Maybe he’s a massive tw*t. News flash - most footballers are. 

May also be us messing around or City messing around. 

Let’s just stop sharing this complete shit. 

While I hold the same view as you on racial equality and feel it has no place in live never mind football I also feel you are jumping on people for sharing this post as I was the first to do so about one or two weeks ago and was lambasted for it, I think it's the fact that a lad who is not even a choice for the first team at city is on that money that people are disappointed at. Let look at football this in the 70s top player got around £1000 a week which at the time was a years wage to the working man now its 26k to a boy not in the first team who is out on loan to a lower class of teams to "give him game time" and we are grateful for it!!!!! So to sum up some people are a wee bit pissed at the wage structure of all of this not the colour of his skin but it is easy to say we are racist and we should shut up, some time the working man doing 40+ hour a week paying for season tickets on the drip per month just wants to point out the madness of it all without being called racist. 

Edited by geedog13
Missed the word top from players
  • Like 7

Just now, JHRover said:

Ha ha! He was probably referencing the fact other Championship teams were getting stuffed while we remained unbeaten. The youngsters are ready, it's time to play them. Exciting times at Ewood. :-)

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Vilesinner said:

Ha ha! He was probably referencing the fact other Championship teams were getting stuffed while we remained unbeaten. The youngsters are ready, it's time to play them. Exciting times at Ewood. ?

Winning is a habit and all that. But Rangers aside are we really crowing about beating lower and non league teams in friendlies?

Mowbray put our slow start in League 1 down to average opposition in friendlies. Not sure on that myself, but it exactly intense football.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

Very happy with the Ipswich keeper , think he's an upgrade on Both Walton and Raya ... Would still rather have 2 capable defenders in though

Edited by AJW

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Is that the deal offered? Or just your thoughts on this...

Nah just my thoughts, Ipswich want nuttall, we want another keeper- don’t totally get it, but he is a decent keeper who I would be happy to have in if Walton ain’t up to much. So that deal could work for both parties 

4 minutes ago, Vilesinner said:

Ha ha! He was probably referencing the fact other Championship teams were getting stuffed while we remained unbeaten. The youngsters are ready, it's time to play them. Exciting times at Ewood. ?

Remained unbeaten. Having locked horns with non league Barrow, 4th division Mansfield, bankrupt Bury and Rochdale on our training ground. 

Mowbray won't be playing the youth. He wants them out on loan.

55 minutes ago, philipl said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5253633/Man-City-footballer-20-25k-week-buys-market-2-25m-home.html

He is on £25k per week and his brother is agent.

Sounds like a totally toxic combination which is going to cause nothing but trouble. The mere fact this story appeared in the Mail means his brother needs a serious talking to. 

That said he has been seriously discussed on City fan boards as possibly being ready to step up as a Kompany replacement.

The only Toxic combination that is going to wreck BRFC is TM  & Venus . Another self made deadline passed yesterday .. 

TM is not for me . Ageing old school and out of Touch. I still Remember his quote in Feb few weeks after the transfer window had closed saying in the Olden days I could have gone out and signed someone .A slump we never recovered from followed ..  

• Like 9

10 hours ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

I can’t see any real criticism of our forward line and midfield on this thread. Just a defender or two short, with we are trying to address. And within our budget. 

That's too complacent. A centre-back was the priority. If we could pay £5M for a striker we could have got a defender (or 2) before now.

Risking a last-minute panic buy here.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Expected more of you - especially expected you to be aware of the fact that this is the article Sterling used as an example of the differences in tabloid coverage of black and white players. 

We don’t know why this deal is falling through. Maybe he’s a massive tw*t. News flash - most footballers are. 

That’s a rather sweeping generalisation - if you want to start highlighting people as racists. 

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I was unaware the article had been cited as an example of racism in sport.

It didn't strike me as racist but I appreciate that racism can be perniciously subversive.

As far as I am aware, a deal was done with City two weeks ago and all the issues are with the player and his representative.

For what its worth In my twenties I dealt with two young musicians (one black, one white) whose sibling "agents" were so impossible, neither ever got a second booking and they disappeared, talent totally unrecognised. That was what played on my mind when I posted this.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Winning is a habit and all that. But Rangers aside are we really crowing about beating lower and non league teams in friendlies?

Mowbray put our slow start in League 1 down to average opposition in friendlies. Not sure on that myself, but it exactly intense football.

Always away, always against inferior opposition (Rangers excepted)-----smacks of saving money to me. Don't want the cost of staging a game at Ewood in front of a small crowd.

Hardly adequate preparation for a new Championship season?

• Like 1

Just now, philipl said:

It didn't strike me as racist but I appreciate that racism can be perniciously subversive.

As far as I am aware, a deal was done with City two weeks ago and all the issues are with the player and his representative.

For what its worth In my twenties I dealt with two young musicians (one black, one white) whose sibling "agents" were so impossible, neither ever got a second booking and they disappeared, talent totally unrecognised. That was what played on my mind when I posted this.

This is what Eddie is referring to Philip:

Raheem Sterling accuses media of ‘fuelling racism’ after alleged abuse

• Like 2

Just now, philipl said:

Anelka brothers were notoriously difficult to deal with - family involvement can be an issue.  For me, if the kid has any issues about coming in on loan, we should drop the deal like a stone.

Edited by Wing Wizard Windy Miller
  • Like 2

Just now, 47er said:

Always away, always against inferior opposition (Rangers excepted)-----smacks of saving money to me. Don't want the cost of staging a game at Ewood in front of a small crowd.

Hardly adequate preparation for a new Championship season?

The lack of games in Europe also comes from this, IMO. Clearly organising matches against decent European opponents and allowing fans on to watch requires a pitch, facilities, stewards, all of which cost money. Much easier and cheaper to jump on the bus to Bury or Rochdale. 

The problem with this is clear - we can't test ourselves against decent teams nor increase the clubs profile abroad or build links with European sides. 

The Liverpool and Everton friendlies last season were an attempt by Waggott to fill Ewood and make money, yet they weren't as popular as expected and personally I didn't enjoy them being surrounded by locals only there to take photos of Liverpool players. 

• Like 1