BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, Miller11 said:

Today’s Mowbrayism - he’s on about Wharton:

“At this moment he has lots of quality, his physicality is something that three years on from his debut is something he needs to grow in to and I’ve always said that centre halves, the last thing they develop is the ability to play against big, strong centre forward who can knock them about.”

Might actually be right Tony... it’s took Mulgrew 33 years and that ability doesn’t seem to have developed yet. Fingers crossed for this season eh?

Andy Todd always shone for me. He didn't seem at all tall for a CB - but my God, he was hard to shift from his spot when challenging for a header. What I'd do to get a good old-fashioned, no nonsense  hard bastard in this team.

• Like 6

Just now, Miller11 said:

Today’s Mowbrayism - he’s on about Wharton:

“At this moment he has lots of quality, his physicality is something that three years on from his debut is something he needs to grow in to and I’ve always said that centre halves, the last thing they develop is the ability to play against big, strong centre forward who can knock them about.”

Might actually be right Tony... it’s took Mulgrew 33 years and that ability doesn’t seem to have developed yet. Fingers crossed for this season eh?

IMO, our dinosaur of a manager doesn't half talk some shyte.

Good job Ajax didn't loan out 19 year old Matt de Ligt to Lincoln, Northanmpton etc.

• Like 2

Tony knows when someone isn't good enough, hence the Nutt being on his way. Not much harm in loaning out Scott again; it's not like he's on a big wage. And Walton has been loaned out a lot but held in high regard. Not everyone develops the same.

Just now, Vilesinner said:

Tony knows when someone isn't good enough, hence the Nutt being on his way. Not much harm in loaning out Scott again; it's not like he's on a big wage. And Walton has been loaned out a lot but held in high regard. Not everyone develops the same.

Then why did Mowbray give him a new three and a half year deal in January 18?

• Like 5

Just now, Vilesinner said:

He has an odd way of showing it 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Vilesinner said:

Then how do you explain the fact that in the last year he has given new contracts to Smallwood, Mulgrew, Williams, Bennett and Evans.

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 5

Just now, Give 'Em the Axe said:

It is? Was there more developments?

According to this line in today's LT article on Scott Wharton:

The first of those could be tied up shortly, with Rovers having made progress in the long and drawn out negotiations with Manchester City over Tosin Adarabioyo and hope to finally announce a season-long loan deal.

• Like 1

Just now, danger19_80 said:

According to this line in today's LT article on Scott Wharton:

The first of those could be tied up shortly, with Rovers having made progress in the long and drawn out negotiations with Manchester City over Tosin Adarabioyo and hope to finally announce a season-long loan deal.

Thank you! I haven't been able to access that website for the best part of a year now. The pages never load for me. I miss it a lot. I wonder if it is because I'm located in Korea?

Anyway, appreciate the info, chief!

• Like 2

Honestly what a shambles!

What are we even looking for right now? A CB? Is this a CB as Mowbray said at the beginning of the club who doesn't just make up the numbers, but is going to force his way into the team or is it just going to give us options.

The message keeps changing as often as our targets do.

Quite obvious now that we have waded through our list of plan A's, B's and C's. The club is now seemingly in panic-buy mode!

44 minutes ago, Mercer said:

IMO, our dinosaur of a manager doesn't half talk some shyte.

Good job Ajax didn't loan out 19 year old Matt de Ligt to Lincoln, Northanmpton etc.

I hope that's tongue in cheek and you're not comparing Wharton to de Ligt. Even in relative and potential terms Wharton isn't good enough. Looked way out of his depth in the league when he appeared. Lincoln were by far the best team in league two last season and they didn't want him after a couple of months, surely that's quite telling.

Edited by Theaxe15

2 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Then how do you explain the fact that in the last year he has given new contracts to Smallwood, Mulgrew, Williams, Bennett and Evans.

Tony is good a telling kids the truth, finds it hard with the seniors in the squad.  

• Like 3

Just now, Theaxe15 said:

I hope that's tongue in cheek and you're not comparing Wharton to de Ligt. Even in relative and potential terms Wharton isn't good enough. Looked way out of his depth in the league when he appeared. Lincoln were by far the best team in league two last season and they didn't want him after a couple of months, surely that's quite telling.

Of course I'm not.

The point I'm trying to make is that I think in Mowbray's eyes they are still 'kids' at 24+!!!  Look at his comments on Reed.  Goodness me he even referred to Charlie Adam as a 'kid' after the Barrow game.

The bottom line, is if they are good enough then they are both old enough and big enough!  Peter Crouch might be tall but he has a relatively poor physique - guess Mowbray would be saying words to the effect 'he's not strong enough, centre halves would bully him'.  As I say, IMO, he doesn't half talk some real shyte.  

• Like 2

Just now, Amo said:

Fighting the apathy to get back up to speed.

So we sold a promising young keeper and replaced him with a loanee?

Still haven't signed a new CB?

Oh dear.

Raya had promise but never really lived up to it. Pretty certain Walton will prove to be a better keeper. So far we have improved our attack, midfield, GK situation with Walton and Hilton, and the defence will be improved by our talented youngsters. All is good in the Ewood Hood! :-)

6 minutes ago, Give 'Em the Axe said:

Thank you! I haven't been able to access that website for the best part of a year now. The pages never load for me. I miss it a lot. I wonder if it is because I'm located in Korea?

I was having issues in Dubai up until recently, maybe the LET has been running some controversial content!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I may be wrong on this but wasn't the Ewood pitch the recipient of a major redo over the Summer? Hence not used in the preseason.

Had a look at the pitch when I bought my season ticket last week. The pitch looks in stunning condition. 

• Like 4

Just now, The Gull said:

I was having issues in Dubai up until recently, maybe the LET has been running some controversial content!

I was having problems for about 6 months last year, then one day all was ok. In the problem period, I was ok to access the LT using VPN

Just now, old darwen blue said:

Had a look at the pitch when I bought my season ticket last week. The pitch looks in stunning condition. 

Good to hear. It looked ropey I saw in a Facebook photo about mid-June.

I suppose we also want to restrict use if we are going to play our 'new' passing game

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Give 'Em the Axe said:

Have you tried via VPN? Windscribe gives 10GB free each month.

• Like 2

Just a quick question to anyone who has see the under 23s play..... do they or have they been playing the new passing football? And is this the thought of using the young guns with some of the old guard in defence? Just wondering 

Edited by geedog13

Just now, geedog13 said:

Just a quick question to anyone who has see the under 23s play..... do they or have they been playing the new passing football? And is this the thought of using the young guns with some of the old guard in defence? Just wondering 

Passing style of play isn't considered new at Leyland at all. I went to almost all the home games last year and honestly they line up in a 3/5 back, JRC on one wing and then Lewis Thompson (Jack Evans when fit) on the left wing. Nuttall usually plays up top with Butterworth just off him, and if the Nutt isn't available Jack Vale usually goes upfront.

They play possession football, John Buckley runs the midfield and hoofing just doesn't happen. It's easier to do against 23's players because there's less physicality in the middle of midfield to fight against - but still, the Under 23's have been breeded by Damien Johnson completely to play attractive football - it's why I'm glad he's been promoted with the likes of Butterworth and Buckley as I think he'll really help them in the first team.