BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

7 minutes ago, old darwen blue said:

Had a look at the pitch when I bought my season ticket last week. The pitch looks in stunning condition. 

Pitch not been completely re-done this season, noted in last FF meeting that next Summer is now the plan for a full re-do. They focused on re-laying 11 academy pitches and all the new building work at Brockhall.

The Premier Suite, Red Rose Suite, Jack's Kitchen and Legends all being done up to the tune of £1.3m over the next few months also. All in all, including Academy Category One status, club spent over £6m on infrastructure over past year and a bit, hence the delay in main pitch full re-lay.

18 minutes ago, Vilesinner said:

Raya had promise but never really lived up to it. Pretty certain Walton will prove to be a better keeper. So far we have improved our attack, midfield, GK situation with Walton and Hilton, and the defence will be improved by our talented youngsters. All is good in the Ewood Hood! ?

Been on the beers already there? Wouldn't have anymore

Advanced issues found

Just now, JoeHarvey said:

Pitch not been completely re-done this season, noted in last FF meeting that next Summer is now the plan for a full re-do. They focused on re-laying 11 academy pitches and all the new building work at Brockhall.

The Premier Suite, Red Rose Suite, Jack's Kitchen and Legends all being done up to the tune of £1.3m over the next few months also. All in all, including Academy Category One status, club spent over £6m on infrastructure over past year and a bit, hence the delay in main pitch full re-lay.

What's being built? Is it part of the plan to merge facilities into 1 site? 

Just now, CambridgeRover said:

Been on the beers already there? Wouldn't have anymore

Yep the youngsters need to be able to be integrated into the squad. But they need to.be complemented with some good strong defenders who are up to the challenge of championship football. That is who we are still sorely lacking to aid their development

• Like 1

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

What's being built? Is it part of the plan to merge facilities into 1 site? 

No, they've re-done a lot of the facilities there. Created some new rooms and added a lot of new infrastructure. 

We've now got booths with 'MNF Gary Neville' style analysis screens which players will be using with coaching staff to analyse game/training performance etc..

2 minutes ago, JoeHarvey said:

Passing style of play isn't considered new at Leyland at all. I went to almost all the home games last year and honestly they line up in a 3/5 back, JRC on one wing and then Lewis Thompson (Jack Evans when fit) on the left wing. Nuttall usually plays up top with Butterworth just off him, and if the Nutt isn't available Jack Vale usually goes upfront.

They play possession football, John Buckley runs the midfield and hoofing just doesn't happen. It's easier to do against 23's players because there's less physicality in the middle of midfield to fight against - but still, the Under 23's have been breeded by Damien Johnson completely to play attractive football - it's why I'm glad he's been promoted with the likes of Butterworth and Buckley as I think he'll really help them in the first team.

Thanks bud I think that really answers my question and why as you say Johnson was promoted up and the 23s as well. 

• Like 3

Just now, Gary C said:

Yep the youngsters need to be able to be integrated into the squad. But they need to.be complemented with some good strong defenders who are up to the challenge of championship football. That is who we are still sorely lacking to aid their development

Agree totally. No good saying to them "alright lads time for you to go and improve our defense". They need to be introduced at a reasonable pace

• Like 1

Just now, geedog13 said:

Thanks bud I think that really answers my question and why as you say Johnson was promoted up and the 23s as well. 

I hope that the idea is that Johnson can imbed his play style into the first team. He took a group of players from the PL2 Division 2 to 5th in the PL2 Division 1, and now we'll be playing the likes of Valencia and Porto next season! 

Just now, JoeHarvey said:

I hope that the idea is that Johnson can imbed his play style into the first team. He took a group of players from the PL2 Division 2 to 5th in the PL2 Division 1, and now we'll be playing the likes of Valencia and Porto next season! 

I was looking at that and wondered if he was the future of Blackburn management and is now being groomed for the part with the 23s players to give TM some new ideas, all good managers know they need to change them around them with new ideas to keep things fresh 

• Like 1

Just now, geedog13 said:

I was looking at that and wondered if he was the future of Blackburn management and is now being groomed for the part with the 23s players to give TM some new ideas, all good managers know they need to change them around them with new ideas to keep things fresh 

That is probably the most underrated part of Ferguson's tenure at Man Utd and how they managed to continually refresh themselves.

As he got older he spent very little time taking coaching sessions but relied heavily on a modern assistant manager or first team coach who basically ran the training.

If we're going to push this new style of play then new more focused ideas in training is a good move.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

IMO, our dinosaur of a manager doesn't half talk some shyte.

Good job Ajax didn't loan out 19 year old Matt de Ligt to Lincoln, Northanmpton etc.

Ya, it's the exact same ? Would you stop. De Ligt is a prodigy, an absolute revelation. He has just moved to Juventus for over £80 million ,wheras Wharton couldn't barely get a game at Lincoln city or Bury last season. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Miller11 said:

Today’s Mowbrayism - he’s on about Wharton:

“At this moment he has lots of quality, his physicality is something that three years on from his debut is something he needs to grow in to and I’ve always said that centre halves, the last thing they develop is the ability to play against big, strong centre forward who can knock them about.”

Might actually be right Tony... it’s took Mulgrew 33 years and that ability doesn’t seem to have developed yet. Fingers crossed for this season eh?

Seems fair enough to me. Wharton always looked pretty skinny for a centre half. The fact he could barely get a game in League 1 last season would suggest other managers feel the same. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Seems fair enough to me. Wharton always looked pretty skinny for a centre half. The fact he could barely get a game in League 1 last season would suggest other managers feel the same. 

Surely the club could’ve put him on a resistance training programme? 

Get BB on it whilst you’re at it.

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Surely the club could’ve put him on a resistance training programme? 

Get BB on it whilst you’re at it.

Certainly. Mulgrew as well. It seems it's mostly fitness and ball work that is led by the club and the players do their own conditioning. There should be more impetus on it. I don't buy this stuff that it well make players slower or less agile personally. 

5 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

So, 

Oooh ,sweet sweet contradictions ooh ooh 

I am sure the conversations happened early on about game time and how much the deal would cost. 

Looks like the sarcasm was lost in translation. 

Quite clearly conversations take place at the start of the process. My response was to someone suggesting we suddenly discovered that City wanted a set number of games, which isnt the way it works. Those sort of requirements become clear at the start, not 2 weeks in.

Certainly. Mulgrew as well. It seems it's mostly fitness and ball work that is led by the club and the players do their own conditioning. There should be more impetus on it. I don't buy this stuff that it well make players slower or less agile personally. 

I know top European clubs like Real Madrid are big on doing squats to make players more explosive. 

Wharton could certainly bulk up a bit to compete better. Andy Todd as somebody mentioned a good example of height isn't everything

• Like 2

Just now, briansol said:

I know top European clubs like Real Madrid are big on doing squats to make players more explosive. 

Wharton could certainly bulk up a bit to compete better. Andy Todd as somebody mentioned a good example of height isn't everything

I've been doing explosive squats for a couple of days. Rovers should put them on a Somtam diet.

• Like 8

Just now, JHRover said:

Looks like the sarcasm was lost in translation. 

Quite clearly conversations take place at the start of the process. My response was to someone suggesting we suddenly discovered that City wanted a set number of games, which isnt the way it works. Those sort of requirements become clear at the start, not 2 weeks in.

No, I said that my opinion is we agreed how much he would play, but City had other clubs come in after this promising more game time. 

All guess work. Hopefully it gets done!

No, I said that my opinion is we agreed how much he would play, but City had other clubs come in after this promising more game time. 

All guess work. Hopefully it gets done!

I still don't get this frequently floated about concept of promising people game time and us backing out of deals on that basis. Any defender we bring in should be expecting or expected to establish themselves as regulars in the team. Why are we going after people we don't think are going to be playing? The inference then is that Mulgrew or William's will be playing regularly, which suggests we aren't serious about progressing. Same thing happened with Bauer. Apparently Preston 'promised' him more game time than we would. Eh? 

• Like 1

Just now, FGS5635 said:

Why would we promise any player game time? You sign and work hard and if you perform, you play. If you dont perform, you dont play. Simples

Twas ever the case. For some reason we go after people then tell them they won't be playing. No wonder we can't sign anyone!

• Like 1