BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Not overly excited about the Adarabayiyo deal.

Nearly every comment ive read from West Brom fans back up what I saw both against us and when they were on TV last season, he looked like bambi on ice. My main hope is that was just being out of position, as he has some attributes. Mowbray loves an out of position player but he referenced him as a centre back so I hope he only plays him there.

Definitely needs to be the first of 2 or 3. Concerning that hes not ready to slot right in because a defence of Bennett, Lenihan, Mulgrew and Bell/Downing is the defence we all dreaded.

Yeah roversfan99, you're right. Let's listen to you and Tommy the tit from The Black Countraaayyy over Pep.

"Bambi on ice" is going to be the new catchphrase on here. How you can call a guy that is supposedly both footed as bambi on ice is beyond me. He's won his fair share of headers too.

I dunno man, what have you seen that we haven't? Like what actually happened for you to refer to him as "Bambi on ice" (?) in the games you saw him play? Or is it just because some guy on a baggies forum said it and now suddenly it's stuck because God forbid there's a signing this summer that actually impresses....

Edited by Dreams of 1995
  • Like 7

Just now, davulsukur said:

I await his first red card with great anticipation

Sin Bins being introduced in the Natioanl League this season, Imagine that "Tosin off into the sin bin"

• Like 3

If we could bring in the croation lad at cb, a full back and a winger on loan then it would be a very good window.  

Very open league this year.  On paper, August looks a stinker but the first month is usually a good time to play the relegated sides, whilst they adjust to the Championship. 

9 to 10 points from August and we should be looking at a decent season. 

15 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

They have made it known to a few that they would be willing to do a deal for wingers and keepers, they aren’t pressing hard but in the last week if clubs look to shift a few in/out they will be happy to pick up any bargains. Still a few to come is my prediction. I’d be surprised if we only do one loan 

I'm still astonished that a winger is even a potential part of our business this summer at this stage.

• Like 1

Just now, bluebruce said:

I'm still astonished that a winger is even a potential part of our business this summer at this stage.

Me too to be honest. I wonder if, with TM being recently impressed with Rankin-Costello, that might've been put on the back burner.

I suppose we don't have that much in the way of out and out wingers other than Chapman, but then again we don't play with wingers!

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

They have made it known to a few that they would be willing to do a deal for wingers and keepers, they aren’t pressing hard but in the last week if clubs look to shift a few in/out they will be happy to pick up any bargains. Still a few to come is my prediction. I’d be surprised if we only do one loan

Well we've got two now with Walton & Tosin (won't attempt the last name without Google), but I get your point - still got the option of bringing in another loan or two.

Thought it was interesting you mentioned Max Clarke - a left back for Vitesse. And the fact Mowbray mentioned we don't have a left back (excluding Downing) who can keep hold of the ball and make good passes. Maybe Bell's days are numbered?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Yeah roversfan99, you're right. Let's listen to you and Tommy the tit from The Black Countraaayyy over Pep.

"Bambi on ice" is going to be the new catchphrase on here. How you can call a guy that is supposedly both footed as bambi on ice is beyond me. He's won his fair share of headers too.

I dunno man, what have you seen that we haven't? Like what actually happened for you to refer to him as "Bambi on ice" (?) in the games you saw him play? Or is it just because some guy on a baggies forum said it and now suddenly it's stuck because God forbid there's a signing this summer that actually impresses....

You can be as childish as you want with your replies, or go down the route of seemingly suggesting its in anyones best interests for him to fail, which makes no sense. Johnson is the main signing we have made that impressed me.

He was really poor at Ewood and got hauled off. When I saw him, he was rather ungainly and clumsy, and neither as elegant as youd expect coming through at City nor as imposing aerially as his height would have you hoping. Of course, I didnt see him week in week out, hence me checking what those who did at West Brom thought of him.

In the main, West Brom fans seem very much of the opinion that hes not very good. Look at the replies to these:

I actually tried to suggest that hopefully thats just a positional thing.

May I ask, if people like me and my opinions are so insignificant compared to actual managers, why do you come on an internet forum?

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
35 minutes ago, Harry The Bass said:

Downing and Bennett? Why?

Mulgrew and Bennett actually.

Because Bennett isn’t a full back and Mulgrew isn’t good enough?

• Like 3

Just now, Admiral Nelsen said:

but then again we don't play with wingers!

Ah ha! Someone else had noticed! Seems a shame to shatter that illusion.

Anyway, we’ve finally signed a centre half! However I expect that Man City are just agreeing Pep’s pay off package before appointing the WBAS board as their new manager. 

Of course I jest but it will be great to hear from so many happy posters on here now that this is finally over the line. 

• Like 2

Just now, bob fleming said:

Anyway, we’ve finally signed a centre half! However I expect that Man City are just agreeing Pep’s pay off package before appointing the WBAS board as their new manager. 

Of course I jest but it will be great to hear from so many happy posters on here now that this is finally over the line. 

Aha, but one of our recent signings was chapman so go figure. We do play a system that has wingers just that we play forwards on the wing 

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

Aha, but one of our recent signings was chapman so go figure. We do play a system that has wingers just that we play forwards on the wing 

If you think we play with wingers then that’s fair enough, no worries. Right sided forward / left sided forward at the best. Not out and out wingers in my opinion. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

If we could bring in the croation lad at cb, a full back and a winger on loan then it would be a very good window.  

Very open league this year.  On paper, August looks a stinker but the first month is usually a good time to play the relegated sides, whilst they adjust to the Championship. 

9 to 10 points from August and we should be looking at a decent season. 

How in gods name do we need a winger? 

• Like 1

If you think we play with wingers then that’s fair enough, no worries. Right sided forward / left sided forward at the best. Not out and out wingers in my opinion. 

Got to have tactical options we can play different formations, styles no? 

I would also reckon that Chapman can play anywhere across the front 3 (including the number 10 role).  He played there against Stoke in a cup game during his first loan spell with us if I recall correctly.

• Like 1

Just now, roversfan99 said:

You can be as childish as you want with your replies, or go down the route of seemingly suggesting its in anyones best interests for him to fail, which makes no sense. Johnson is the main signing we have made that impressed me.

He was really poor at Ewood and got hauled off. When I saw him, he was rather ungainly and clumsy, and neither as elegant as youd expect coming through at City nor as imposing aerially as his height would have you hoping. Of course, I didnt see him week in week out, hence me checking what those who did at West Brom thought of him.

In the main, West Brom fans seem very much of the opinion that hes not very good. Look at the replies to these:

I actually tried to suggest that hopefully thats just a positional thing.

May I ask, if people like me and my opinions are so insignificant compared to actual managers, why do you come on an internet forum?

Crazy how football is a game of opinions, some you value, some you don't. For example, I value the opinion of Pep Guardiola (multiple champions league winner, best ever PL finish x 2 years in a row, won everything as a player and a coach and universally respected by players, fans and managers alike) way more than I value the opinion of "MDavis1414" (Has a picture of him holding a pimms and lemonade in a holiday resort pool, and likes the Miami Dolphins).

See what I'm getting at?

Yeah, winning the 5th most aerial duels in the league isn't that imposing at the air - you're right. Yeah, being either footed is ungainly and clumsy - you're right. Fuck the stats, opinions of professionals, roversfan99 as it nailed down because of two appearances he's seen on Sky, and that's the reason this signing isn't impressive and why a 6 foot 5 lad who has secured a professional contract at the best team in the country is otherwise known as "Bambi on ice".

• Like 4

Just now, K-Hod said:

Mulgrew and Bennett actually.

Because Bennett isn’t a full back and Mulgrew isn’t good enough?

I thought the original quote was about Downing from TMs interview.

Plus I don’t subscribe to the ever basic “square pegs” idea, and whilst Nyambe is very much the future, Benno isn't a bad option at FB in my opinion. Gets unnecessary stick. Far better reader/passer/crosser of a ball than Nyambe, who’s a better defender, stronger and faster. Both decent options, and I’d guess Bennett’s a good mentor too.

Mulgrews at the end of his career, but I’d personally suggest there’s still a place for him in the squad - just not first choice. Maybe that’s why we’ve been looking for new defenders?

I wouldn’t be surprised or upset to see him start the season though, especially since Williams is injured and “Ad” only just turned up.

• Like 1

I think for the most part it's semantics. We play wide forwards, as you say, which is the more popular role of wide players for 90% of teams at this level and above.

It only becomes more than semantics when you're looking bring in a player specifically because they play the position in more of a traditional style.

Basically:

i) I think the way we use wide players is fine

ii) They are not wingers in the traditional sense

iii) We have plenty of them. So there is no reason to bring in more unless we specifically want the option to play in a different way to which we do currently

• Like 1

Tall, fast, good athlete, good distribution by all City accounts but not the experienced, big and commanding centre half we need. 

And assuming Lenihan is on the right of the centre back pairing will he be able play the more difficult left side?

More questions than answers and not the player we desperately want

• Like 3

Got to have tactical options we can play different formations, styles no? 

That would be great. I’d play with two wingers and two up top all day long in this league but I’m not sure where Dack would fit in on that one. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dreams of 1995 said:

Crazy how football is a game of opinions, some you value, some you don't. For example, I value the opinion of Pep Guardiola (multiple champions league winner, best ever PL finish x 2 years in a row, won everything as a player and a coach and universally respected by players, fans and managers alike) way more than I value the opinion of "MDavis1414" (Has a picture of him holding a pimms and lemonade in a holiday resort pool, and likes the Miami Dolphins).

See what I'm getting at?

Yeah, winning the 5th most aerial duels in the league isn't that imposing at the air - you're right. Yeah, being either footed is ungainly and clumsy - you're right. Fuck the stats, opinions of professionals, roversfan99 as it nailed down because of two appearances he's seen on Sky, and that's the reason this signing isn't impressive and why a 6 foot 5 lad who has secured a professional contract at the best team in the country is otherwise known as "Bambi on ice".

tenor.gif

• Like 2

That would be great. I’d play with two wingers and two up top all day long in this league but I’m not sure where Dack would fit in on that one. 

I'd have flogged him for £15m when West Brom came calling last year, but that's just me.

Too often he just goes missing. 

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Tall, fast, good athlete, good distribution by all City accounts but not the experienced, big and commanding centre half we need. 

And assuming Lenihan is on the right of the centre back pairing will he be able play the more difficult left side?

More questions than answers and not the player we desperately want

I can only assume that he's a significant upgrade on Mulgrew (who really can't defend at this level).

So whilst it's not an experienced CB, we're in a better position now than we were at the start of last year. 

Personally I think it's frustrating because this league is there for the taking (the quality is really poor), but we don't seem to have the desire to push on and win it. 

• Like 1