BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

What are you on about?

For starters, I’d quite like a captain who doesn’t look at the floor and meekly saunter back towards the half way line every time we concede a goal. 

As I originally asked R11 how do you define a leader? Not sure I agree with your perception but Mulgrew clearly is a leader on and off the park he might just not fit your idea of a leader hence why I asked?

There are no captains around these days of the old mould Cb’s this is 2019 the era of people who ask why rather than doing!

I think with Walton in goal we will see better communication and better organisation, I don’t think we will be conceding goals like we did las5 season.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I do wonder if some posters have ever played sport at any type of competitive level if they think the best thing to do would be drop Tosin into the starting 11 Saturday. Talk about setting a young lad up to fail. 

I do wonder if some posters have watched us much over the last few years if they think that we should still be playing a centre back pairing who were regulars in a team that conceded 69 goals last season and the season before that in the Championship were regulars in a relegated team. Talk about setting the team up to fail.

• Like 6

Just now, 1864roverite said:

As I originally asked R11 how do you define a leader? Not sure I agree with your perception but Mulgrew clearly is a leader on and off the park he might just not fit your idea of a leader hence why I asked?

Not sure I would class Mulgrew as a leader on the pitch given how much better our record is without him. I'm afraid to say that these days he is more of a hindrance on the pitch than anything else.

• Like 3

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

I do wonder if some posters have watched us much over the last few years if they think that we should still be playing a centre back pairing who were regulars in a team that conceded 69 goals last season and the season before that in the Championship were regulars in a relegated team. Talk about setting the team up to fail.

Seems like he's banking on a taller keeper and two out of position older/old heads to stand up a bit more in the full back positions and try and cut out a few more crosses.

Rocket science i think they call it !

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TBTF said:

All of the above on the basis that he goes for it and doesn’t prepare like we’re playing Real Madrid every bloody week .

I’m not hopeful on that one. 

He’s been consistent on this since being appointed and is the main reason he didn’t save us dropping into League 1. 

3 hours ago, Harry The Bass said:

I thought the original quote was about Downing from TMs interview.

Plus I don’t subscribe to the ever basic “square pegs” idea, and whilst Nyambe is very much the future, Benno isn't a bad option at FB in my opinion. Gets unnecessary stick. Far better reader/passer/crosser of a ball than Nyambe, who’s a better defender, stronger and faster. Both decent options, and I’d guess Bennett’s a good mentor too.

Mulgrews at the end of his career, but I’d personally suggest there’s still a place for him in the squad - just not first choice. Maybe that’s why we’ve been looking for new defenders?

I wouldn’t be surprised or upset to see him start the season though, especially since Williams is injured and “Ad” only just turned up.

Did you actually see Bennett at RB last season? 

• Like 3

Just now, toogs said:

I’m not hopeful on that one. 

He’s been consistent on this since being appointed and is the main reason he didn’t save us dropping into League 1. 

How on earth can anyone forget that Wolves game. Most ridiculous decision was keeping Lowe one while needing a goal and then he takes him off 1-0 up v Villa!

He does not hide his weaknesses and his strengths won't outweigh them. Not for a serious promotion challenge. 

Edited by Vinjay17
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I do wonder if some posters have ever played sport at any type of competitive level if they think the best thing to do would be drop Tosin into the starting 11 Saturday. Talk about setting a young lad up to fail. 

Agree. 

Nothing to do with this thread but just listened to Sports Report on radio lancashire. Not a word about Adarabaiyo. What a crap radio station we have......rant over.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

Walton is being looked at as Number 1 by the club and that is certainly what Brighton expected from his loan spell. But the player who is being talked about has way more experience and age to him. It would be Walton's jersey to lose.

Not a chance with his wages.

From what I gather. The players Rovers are looking at ply their trades at the Bundesliga, 2. Bundesliga and the Eredivisie.

So some CB's from Bundesliga and 2 with contract's ending next year :

Bejamin Stambouli - Schalke 04

Robin Knoche - Wolfsburg

Stefan Bell - Mainz

Andre Hoffmann - Dusseldorf

Kyriakos Papadopoulos - HSV

Robin Bormuth - Dusseldorf

Florian Hubner - Union Berlin

Patrick Mainka - FC Heidenheim

and Eredivise :

Jan Arie van der Heijden - Feyenoord

Eric Botteghin - Feyenoord

Mike te Wierik - Groningen

Maximillian Rossmann - Heracles

• Like 5

1 hour ago, philipl said:

Keep going lads and ladies. About 50 posts to 600 pages.

Don’t worry Bigdogsteel will get us there on his own. His output is prodigious! 

As for Tosin, welcome to the club. I watched his two games against us last season on ifollow just now.

Looks very tidy and confident on the ball, physically very much like Bell.

I don’t think he’ll want to see the Reed goal at their place again and especially won’t want to view the Mulgrew goal direct from a corner at Ewood again!

I agree he’s not the dominant CB but he will be an asset to the squad.

• Like 4

Just now, Swanson said:

Robin Knoche - Wolfsburg

Stefan Bell - Mainz

and Eredivise :

One of the names I have heard (from a journo and somebody in the sport) is not on your list because his contract expires in 2021. I don't think we have a chance of signing him due to his reputation and credentials. He currently plays in 2. Bundesliga after relegation last season and looking at his data on Transfermarkt his market value is huge. He's got mixed nationality and played up until this year in the German U21 team and has been a nailed on 1st teamer for his side.

If we pulled off that signing it would be an amazing coup. But cannot see it happening myself. 

Edited by RovingRover
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

One of the names I have heard (from a journo and somebody in the sport) is not on your list because his contract expires in 2021. I don't think we have a chance of signing him due to his reputation and credentials. He currently plays in 2. Bundesliga after relegation last season and looking at his data on Transfermarkt his market value is huge. He's got mixed nationality and played up until this year in the German U21 team and has been a nailed on 1st teamer for his side.

If we pulled off that signing it would be an amazing coup. But cannot see it happening myself. 

https://www.transfermarkt.com/waldemar-anton/profil/spieler/193004

Waldemar Anton? 

Apparently he had a poor season last time round which contributed to Hannovers relegation but remains highly regarded generally by the fans who know he is capable of more. Seems he may want a move however with the fee more realistically being around the 8mil mark. 

Edited by Feed the Yak
  • Like 2

Is the 2 Bundesliga player not the guy who plays for HSV from Rangers.  David Bates, sure he’s leaving HSV. I watch quite a bit of 2 Bundesliga and HSV were a disaster at the back last season with Bates in the team .... hilariously.  

12 minutes ago, Swanson said:

Robin Knoche - Wolfsburg

Stefan Bell - Mainz

and Eredivise :

Knoche, Bell & Papadopoulos are pretty high profile players in Germany, all been linked with bigger clubs in their careers. All likely to be on decent money that will likely be out of our price range. Stambouli will probably move somewhere on decent wages too. I'd say the bottom 7 are most likely the 7 we're looking at.

3 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Nah, not this time, you don't get away with that. It's the go to argument of those that incessantly place a negative slant on anything the club does in the name of "debate". I have no issue with you putting up your opinion but if it flies in the face of what professionals are saying, and has no basis except some bloke on twitter, then expect it to be treated with the same derision.

You could say that about anything, that any criticism of a potential signing is irrelevant because a professional manager does rate him. May I again ask why you frequent the transfer thread of a forum if that is your ignorant stance on the matter and peoples opinions? I have never confessed to thinking I have the knowledge of a professional manager.

The common feedback I have found (not just one singular bloke on twitter) has been that he was poor at West Brom. I am clinging mainly on to the hope that it was caused by being out of position. I am "negative" because in my opinion based on the admittedly limited times I have seen him before, combined with the opinions of those who have seen him more regularly at West Brom suggest hes far from the answer (but as of yet the only addition) to a dreadful defence last season.

What would I get out a player not proving to be a successful signing, or in fact anything happening that isnt positive to the club, considering I spend hundreds and hundreds of pounds a year and hours and hours of time supporting the club?

3 hours ago, CambridgeRover said:

what does it do except waste time.

Are we making decisions now for the club? Just let him play and then make your mind up. How he did on a one year stint at WBA doesnt mean a lot to me

Researching a players previous career and letting him play before making your mind up in a Rovers shirt dont have to be mutually exclusive.

Mowbray: More irons in the fire

Tony wanted a centre back and he's got one, and the boss says he's looking at further additions

Some players we enquired about early on in the window who weren’t available now are available. Why? Because teams want loads of money for them at the start, realise those big bids aren’t coming in, and then they do become available.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

You could say that about anything, that any criticism of a potential signing is irrelevant because a professional manager does rate him. May I again ask why you frequent the transfer thread of a forum if that is your ignorant stance on the matter and peoples opinions? I have never confessed to thinking I have the knowledge of a professional manager.

The common feedback I have found (not just one singular bloke on twitter) has been that he was poor at West Brom. I am clinging mainly on to the hope that it was caused by being out of position. I am "negative" because in my opinion based on the admittedly limited times I have seen him before, combined with the opinions of those who have seen him more regularly at West Brom suggest hes far from the answer (but as of yet the only addition) to a dreadful defence last season.

What would I get out a player not proving to be a successful signing, or in fact anything happening that isnt positive to the club, considering I spend hundreds and hundreds of pounds a year and hours and hours of time supporting the club?

Researching a players previous career and letting him play before making your mind up in a Rovers shirt dont have to be mutually exclusive.

Ah the old he's shit I'm not going to give him a chance but why would I want him to be shit after all I'm a fan argument that's one I see levelled at Brereton as well sometimes young players get better with more experience how about we let them play from a fresh slate this season. 

Just now, RovingRover said:

Mowbray: More irons in the fire

Tony wanted a centre back and he's got one, and the boss says he's looking at further additions

Those quotes basically say to me that Mowbray and recruitment have been doing buggar all but waiting for Adarabioyo to sign for 3 weeks.

"Now he has signed we go again" (or words to that nature)

That cant be true... No wonder we get hardly any of our/the top rated targets.

• Like 1

Just now, Angry_Pirate said:

Those quotes basically say to me that Mowbray and recruitment have been doing buggar all but waiting for Adarabioyo to sign for 3 weeks.

"Now he has signed we go again" (or words to that nature)

That cant be true... No wonder we get hardly any of our/the top rated targets.

He said similar earlier in the window too if I remember correctly, it made me wonder at the time but I dismissed the thought. Now though... 

• Like 1

Just now, Beanie01289 said:

Ah the old he's shit I'm not going to give him a chance but why would I want him to be shit after all I'm a fan argument that's one I see levelled at Brereton as well sometimes young players get better with more experience how about we let them play from a fresh slate this season. 

You've literally twisted my words into a sentence with a totally different meaning. I'm saying that I can have an opinion on a player based on seeing him for other clubs and what their fans thought of them. Conversely, does that mean I cannot be happy about the Bradley Johnson signing? I will still judge the player on his performances in a Rovers shirt, if I was so indifferent to players past history then I wouldn't bother the a transfer thread.

There could be reasons for players over or under performing at previous clubs, playing in the wrong position, style of play, team mates, in Johnsons case some Derby fans felt his high price tag wore heavy on him.

Brereton has yet to come close to justifying blowing such a large proportion of our budget last season, and was IMO justifiably heavily criticised. What was the reaction in the stadium when he scored v Bolton? Universal relief and happiness for him.