BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Adarabioyo is capable of playing anywhere across the backline, but Mowbray's only aim is to play the 21-year-old in his natural position - at the heart of defence.

“He played in both full back positions at West Brom as well as at centre half," the boss added.

"I spoke to Darren Moore at length about Tosin and he said that his versatiliy was a real strength.

“Darren couldn’t speak highly enough of the kid and said that he felt Tosin grew into the season with them.

“Do I envisage playing him at right back? Not really. I think maybe in emergency cases, if we have injuries, he might, but we’ll look to have him as a centre half."

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2019/july/added-championship-knowledge-makes-us-stronger/

Happy to see Mowbray say that.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

That is interesting. Jesus Wolves and Cardiff, 39 goals conceded. That's impressive. Just goes to show the foundation promoted teams are built on. We need some improvement to get anywhere near that. If we do though, we are going up, because we are going to score a good few goals. 

Norwich? Villa?

5 hours ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Me too to be honest. I wonder if, with TM being recently impressed with Rankin-Costello, that might've been put on the back burner.

I suppose we don't have that much in the way of out and out wingers other than Chapman, but then again we don't play with wingers!

Rankin-Costello has been playing right back all pre season

4 hours ago, RovingRover said:

Think Mowbray wants the next signing to be a goalkeeper.

The club are bouncing some low-ish offers off of clubs in Germany and Holland for CB's who are running down their contracts.

Bit of a bizarre move to make at this late stage of the transfer window. For me, if we don't tie down at least another CB and Winger, we have left a risk going forward into January with a lack of pace on the wings and a commanding CB for when Mulgrew has a patch of poor form.

Current goalkeeper target is out of contract and has been mentioned on here before.

any names? 

can you name this keeper?

Just now, Tugay-is-God said:

Love this guy. 

Best manager we've had in a long while. 

Exactly. Best manager we had at this level and that IMO best manager since Mark Hughes

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Adarabioyo is capable of playing anywhere across the backline, but Mowbray's only aim is to play the 21-year-old in his natural position - at the heart of defence.

“He played in both full back positions at West Brom as well as at centre half," the boss added.

"I spoke to Darren Moore at length about Tosin and he said that his versatiliy was a real strength.

“Darren couldn’t speak highly enough of the kid and said that he felt Tosin grew into the season with them.

“Do I envisage playing him at right back? Not really. I think maybe in emergency cases, if we have injuries, he might, but we’ll look to have him as a centre half."

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2019/july/added-championship-knowledge-makes-us-stronger/

Happy to see Mowbray say that.

Why did not Moore want Tosin?

Think Mowbray wants the next signing to be a goalkeeper.

The club are bouncing some low-ish offers off of clubs in Germany and Holland for CB's who are running down their contracts.

Bit of a bizarre move to make at this late stage of the transfer window. For me, if we don't tie down at least another CB and Winger, we have left a risk going forward into January with a lack of pace on the wings and a commanding CB for when Mulgrew has a patch of poor form.

Current goalkeeper target is out of contract and has been mentioned on here before.

Adrian, mate. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

any names? 

can you name this keeper?

Waldemar Anton (sure he's a player of interest) and of course Robin Bormuth.

I am pretty certain there is a Holland based defender of interest as well. But haven't got any names.

I suspect Jordan Archer is of interest to Mowbray.

Just now, neophox said:

Adrian, mate. 

Not a chance in Hell.

Edited by RovingRover
Added reply.
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Miller11 said:

Adarabioyo eventually signing is decent enough, but doesn’t go far enough to addressing our defensive frailties in my opinion. A proven no nonsense centre back still needed. A dominant leader who wins headers and we might do something this season. We also need Mowbray to wise up to Bennett not being a full back too. 

Still fully expect us to line up with the same back 4 that started against Rangers against Charlton. Which is utterly ludicrous.

“It might take him a little while, a couple of weeks to get to grips with the team, but then he’ll be looking to force his way into the side.” - Mowbray on Adarabioyo.

Hopefully it will be Lenihan’s place he is pushing for, because we need a centre back better at defending than anyone currently on the books to make this much talked about assault on the playoffs.

Now there is a surprise.  

• Like 2

Just now, RovingRover said:

Waldemar Anton (sure he's a player of interest) and of course Robin Bormuth.

I am pretty certain there is a Holland based defender of interest as well. But haven't got any names.

I suspect Jordan Archer is of interest to Mowbray.

Not a chance in Hell.

would be ok with Archer. 

Thanks for info. keep posting your info please

• Like 3

Just now, neophox said:

Markovic is still available on a free, just saying.

209 games in his professional footballing career. 32 goals scored and 27 assists.
Not a brilliant record for a winger who has played in some decent squads over the years.

Still find it mind-boggling that he was signed by Liverpool for £20 million and within 5 years been released on a free. He was then released on a free again by Fulham 12 months after signing for them having played ONE game!

Just now, neophox said:

Ok?

Theres a reason They released him and got Bialkowski. Stay away!

3 mins earlier...

Just now, neophox said:

Markovic is still available on a free, just saying.

Edited by RovingRover
  • Like 4

For me, if we don't tie down at least another CB and Winger, we have left a risk going forward into January with a lack of pace on the wings

Thanks for your info, but, do you honestly believe that?

Between Armstrong, Rothwell, Chapman, Gallagher and Brereton I'd wager we have the fastest set of options for the flanks in the entire league!! Definitely the fastest for us since we got relegated.

• Like 3

Just now, neophox said:

Ok?

Theres a reason They released him and got Bialkowski. Stay away!

Didn’t Jordan archer have a worldy at ewood last season? Seem to remember him making a few really good saves from danny Graham and kept millwall in the game if I remember right ? Never seen him play other than that game so cannot judge really 

• Like 2

Just now, bluebruce said:

Between Armstrong, Rothwell, Chapman, Gallagher and Brereton I'd wager we have the fastest set of options for the flanks in the entire league!! Definitely the fastest for us since we got relegated.

Have highlighted the players who aren't actually wingers.

Would feel a heck of a lot more comfortable with actual pacey wingers on board. Prefer not to make do.

• Like 2

Just now, USABlue said:

Be expensive no?  He's a defender yet video shows more of him attacking than defending, why?

Started life as a striker and gradually made his way to Central defence. Shades of Colin Hendry? 

Edited by Tugayisgod
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

Ability to cross the ball?

Just now, Angry_Pirate said:

Hmmmm... Sure Kenny Dalglish (1992) and Greame Souness (2001) would agree with you ?... both of whom actually won us promotion... and then a pretty significant trophy after that...

And... Since Mark Hughes. So that's Paul Ince, Sam Allardyce, Steve Kean, Henning Berg, Michael Appleton, Gary Bowyer, Paul Labert, Owen Coyle. High praise indeed. ?

Did you actually just say Tony Mowbray is a better manager than Dalglish, Souness and Allardyce. You actually did.

2 of what you're drinking! 

I think due to his experience he's done lots of good work behind the scenes, a bit more than just a steady hand like Bowyer but on the pitch and in the transfer market he's bang on par with GB yet for me.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Hmmmm... Sure Kenny Dalglish (1992) and Greame Souness (2001) would agree with you ?... both of whom actually won us promotion... and then a pretty significant trophy after that...

And... Since Mark Hughes. So that's Paul Ince, Sam Allardyce, Steve Kean, Henning Berg, Michael Appleton, Gary Bowyer, Paul Labert, Owen Coyle. High praise indeed. ?

Did you actually just say Tony Mowbray is a better manager than Dalglish, Souness and Allardyce. You actually did.

2 of what you're drinking! 

Souness and Dalglish were before Hughes were there? So clearly not since Mark Hughes days