BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

Boaz Myhill , bet you. 

I’d take Jason Puncheon, can see him doing a similar job as lualua did for Brighton on their promotion season

Myhill must be closer to 40 than 30.

Underwhelmed, yet again.

• Like 1

On ‎29‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 18:35, RevidgeBlue said:
Just now, Mercer said:

Myhill must be closer to 40 than 30.

Underwhelmed, yet again.

Underwhelmed is your resting state Mercer - until you've had a win at the bookies and a few glasses of good red of course.....

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Exactly. Best manager we had at this level and that IMO best manager since Mark Hughes

I took that to include any manager we have had not in the top flight... clearly you were only referring to the list of jokers and clowns post 2012.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Souness and Dalglish were before Hughes were there? So clearly not since Mark Hughes days

I've only been aware of football since the premier league era began, but of all our managers i think it's easy so state that the top three are clearly (chronologically) Dalglish, Souness and Hughes, with Allardyce easily in 4th.

Most fans around this board can't even decide fully if Mowbray is doing better than Bowyer, so even if Mowbray is the 5th best manager we've had in 30 years... the managers ranked 5th - 15th are all pretty laughable, very flawed or simply bang average.

You're still saying Mowbray is better than Allardyce... which is amusing.

• Like 2

Just now, yeti-dog said:

Underwhelmed is your resting state Mercer - until you've had a win at the bookies and a few glasses of good red of course.....

Feeling good today!  Just savouring a Sauvignon Blanc from The Eisele Vineyard which was given as a 'thank you' present - reds don't always rule!

Had three winners at Goodwood today, Dirty Rascal, Too Darn Hot and Timoshenko so the SVB is sliding down well!

Sorry to disappoint you!

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 2

Reading Mowbrays comments about looking at players whose valuations at start of window were a lot higher than now , part of me hoping its is Jake Cooper he's is talking about ... I don't think I've see him linked with a single club all summer and I wonder if that's because the valuation was sky high and now it's more realistic 

Just now, AJW said:

Reading Mowbrays comments about looking at players whose valuations at start of window were a lot higher than now , part of me hoping its is Jake Cooper he's is talking about ... I don't think I've see him linked with a single club all summer and I wonder if that's because the valuation was sky high and now it's more realistic 

What's the obsession?? Genuine question. Can't say I watch Millwall regularly but as you say yourself he hasn't been linked with anyone so is he that good?? He's really tall, but so is Adarabioyo and yet people seem to be a bit negative on him already. Yet Cooper gets mentioned every day like he's the best defender in the league

• Like 1

I've seen him play 5-6 times and been impressed every time, he's aggressive he wins everything in the air and so dangerous from from set pieces and a thunderbolt of a left foot but he young and he's raw and he got a lot to Improve on .. He sometimes wanders into areas of the pitch you don't really want to see c/b in and If he can work on his distribution a £5m gamble the today could easily become a £20m player for somebody in the future 

But as you say apart from an off the cuff remak from Mowbray there has been no evidence of us or anybody else being interested whatsoever

Edited by AJW
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Feeling good today!  Just savouring a Sauvignon Blanc from The Eisele Vineyard which was given as a 'thank you' present - reds don't always rule!

Hardly worth mentioning as it's still Sav Blanc 

Just now, stinny1 said:

off topic again took lad for his new footie boots and it made me think about my frist per of boots . Puma  Dalglish sliver

Went to buy my budding 9 year old football star a new pair of boots, “oh I’ll check the Copa Mundials”I thought, needless to say we wait on those.

Edited by Fraserkirky

6 minutes ago, stinny1 said:

off topic again took lad for his new footie boots and it made me think about my frist per of boots . Puma  Dalglish sliver

My first pair came with spare studs and a handful of small nails, but you had to have your own hammer. A skill at self stitching your forehead was useful with an externally laced ball that soaked in water and gained weight. Good old days? fek that. 

5 hours ago, RovingRover said:

One of the names I have heard (from a journo and somebody in the sport) is not on your list because his contract expires in 2021. I don't think we have a chance of signing him due to his reputation and credentials. He currently plays in 2. Bundesliga after relegation last season and looking at his data on Transfermarkt his market value is huge. He's got mixed nationality and played up until this year in the German U21 team and has been a nailed on 1st teamer for his side.

If we pulled off that signing it would be an amazing coup. But cannot see it happening myself. 

I find it a bit curious that our targets for CB range from 'oh my god' expensive to Bormuth, a barely-present in his team whose contract is running down and doesn't sound any great shakes.

Still, I don't care as long as whoever we do get is the right player.

5 hours ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

What on earth has he done to warrant that value?

When I looked over the transfer dealings in the Championship last week - and I think I only got as far as Millwall - I noticed three very young (21ish) CBs had changed hands for prices ranging from I think it was 6 million to 12 million. No idea what any of them did to earn those values either. Market is batshit.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RovingRover said:

Have highlighted the players who aren't actually wingers.

Would feel a heck of a lot more comfortable with actual pacey wingers on board. Prefer not to make do.

It's irrelevant whether they are wingers. They play on our flanks. We are not short of pace on our flanks, not even remotely.

If we want traditional wingers instead, we are going to have a heck of a lot of talent rotting on the bench.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 47er said:

Ability to cross the ball?

Wasn't the point he was making, he was saying we don't have pace there. We have it more than we have any other attribute in any other area of the squad.

We don't look like we intend to play a crossing game anyway.

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

Wasn't the point he was making, he was saying we don't have pace there. We have it more than we have any other attribute in any other area of the squad.

We don't look like we intend to play a crossing game anyway.

Downing and JRC cross extremely well. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Well at this stage it would be crazy to drop the club captain for a guy we signed on loan 2 days before the game. 

Whatever about Mulgrew, it would not be a good idea to have Lenihan playing with a new partner he barely knows. Even if Adarabioyo is a better player than Mulgrew. 

It isn't FIFA 19 lads.....

What would be your new position if Mowbray did play Lenihan and Tosin for the Charlton game? Maverick move or something more... positive?

It’s good that we have finally brought in an out and out defender but Mowbray’s comments about him having to work his way into the side over several weeks are so typical that he is becoming a bit of a cliché.

On that basis, one would expect that none of the new signings will start on Saturday and the likes of Johnson and Downing will be introduced to replace of Evans and Bell. Shame for our younger lads who broke into the side at the end of last season then. Let’s see if Buckley and/or Butterworth get any game time this season then. Sadly, the only way they will get in will be cup games or dead rubbers if/when we end up safe and not in the play-off mix.

It also begs the question though, why isn’t Mowbray bringing in players who can start for Rovers rather than players who he doesn’t know whether they will actually be good enough or not. Having identified a need to upgrade he is then saying to his current League One crop: go on lads, you’ve got another chance. The new lads then have to play Tony’s Rotation Game.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Those quotes basically say to me that Mowbray and recruitment have been doing buggar all but waiting for Adarabioyo to sign for 3 weeks.

"Now he has signed we go again" (or words to that nature)

That cant be true... No wonder we get hardly any of our/the top rated targets.

I very very much doubt this is an accurate representation of what actually happened.

9 hours ago, Tugay-is-God said:

Love this guy. 

Best manager we've had in a long while. 

This is beyond dispute but since Big Sam the hurdle has been knee high to a cricket with at least two - Kean outstandingly, but also Coyle - whom the club would have been massively improved if they had never been anywhere near Ewood or Brockhall and been replaced by a stuffed Rover the Dog doll.

• Like 1