BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

Mike Hickman - straight in the team and scored hat trick in 5-2 win over Plymouth IIRC.

Check. He scored 2. Clearly not ready to play

Absolutely, in a top of the table classic.

Remember the hordes from Plymouth arriving in their coaches at about 8.00 am.

Also, remember Souey signing Yordi just before the Football League Cup Final in 2002 at Cardiff and putting him on the bench.  If I remember correctly, Yordi came on with about 20 minutes to go and almost netted with a header!  That's a feckin cup final - IMO, Mowbray doesn't half p1ss about. 

Edited by Mercer

Just now, Admiral Nelsen said:

Should we get, say, £500k, I think that would suit all parties.

I would like a decent sell on clause though. I never think he's going to be a world beater, but in a world where Martyn Waghorn can go for £8million, it's feasible to see Nutall bang them in at L1 level and go for a decent whack. Would be a shame to miss out on it!

No way that Blackpool have £500k to throw at Nuttall. I’d rather he go on loan.

For all those saying new signings should go straight in, I seem to recall Pedersen being held back with comments along the lines of he needed to bulk up and adapt. Of course we'll never know how he would have performed if thrown straight in, but it may have been the better route for him. Perhaps Kalinic would have benefited being eased in. 

• Like 2

Just now, Mercer said:

Mentioned it before, if I remember correctly, Keith Fear only met his team mates in the dressing room at Burnley on that famous Boxing Day decades ago.  Those of us on The Turf that day were amazed when the team was read out on the ground.  Fear had a stormer as well!

Think Mowbray doesn't half talk some tosh. 

we see your last sentence on here repeatedly!! But it isn't TM chatting

4 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

and you know this because???

Numerous things I've been told and know people who ran in same circles as him whilst he was here. 

Edited by Neal
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, philipl said:

Of course- Kindon putting it wide was earlier than extra time but some other Dingle missed a very late chance in front of the Cricket Field End.

Kindon departed on a stretcher looking like he would never play again but I remember him coming back on later to complete the match. You could be right that he missed a dolly late on. We were on the Bee Hole End so a distance away.

• Like 1

Just now, arbitro said:

Kindon departed on a stretcher looking like he would never play again but I remember him coming back on later to complete the match. You could be right that he missed a dolly late on. We were on the Bee Hole End so a distance away.

Yes you are right again- Burnley had used their sub so Kindon was allowed back on after quite a few minutes to a cacophony of derision and yes it was him missing it.

Quickest resurrection since Lazarus. He was seriously pacey though. 

Just now, Neal said:

Numerous things I've been told and know people who ran in same circles as him whilst he was here. 

I lived in the same vicinity as him and ventured into the same pubs as he allegedly caused mayhem in, on every occasion I saw him (and this was many) I only ever saw him with non alcoholic drinks in his hand and he always acknowledged anyone who said hello

• Like 4

Well, I think it is clear now that it is not crazy or insane for a new player to go straight into the team especially with 2 or 3 days training.  In his interview, Ada certainly sounds like he hopes to play on Saturday and expects to start most games, it will be interesting to see how TM manages this but makes me think it is unlikely we will get anyone like Cooper or Hanley.

Although Nuttall doesn't have much to his all-round game yet he does seem to have the knack of scoring and I wouldn't mind seeing him have a season on loan before selling him as I think if he gets the games he could well get 20+ goals in league one.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, alex l said:

For all those saying new signings should go straight in, I seem to recall Pedersen being held back with comments along the lines of he needed to bulk up and adapt. Of course we'll never know how he would have performed if thrown straight in, but it may have been the better route for him. Perhaps Kalinic would have benefited being eased in. 

Pedersen went straight in, I think against Southampton away (but could be wrong) and was so bad you would never have thought he'd play again. So holding him back was exactly what was right for him.

• Like 2

Just now, Blueandwhitemike said:

Well, I think it is clear now that it is not crazy or insane for a new player to go straight into the team especially with 2 or 3 days training.  In his interview, Ada certainly sounds like he hopes to play on Saturday and expects to start most games, it will be interesting to see how TM manages this but makes me think it is unlikely we will get anyone like Cooper or Hanley.

Although Nuttall doesn't have much to his all-round game yet he does seem to have the knack of scoring and I wouldn't mind seeing him have a season on loan before selling him as I think if he gets the games he could well get 20+ goals in league one.

I was at Evras first game for United against Fulham. I think the score was 3-1 to United. He was brought on at half time and substituted on 65 minutes. Got roasted by Boa Morte repeatedly.

• Like 1

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I was at Evras first game for United against Fulham. I think the score was 3-1 to United. He was brought on at half time and substituted on 65 minutes. Got roasted by Boa Morte repeatedly.

So it doesn't work every time... But still it is fine sometimes and not others, probably dependent on the player and the opposition.  Not crazy though.

It will be interesting to see how Lyle Taylor does as he has a pretty decent goalscoring record at League one but first time at this level at 29 years old.

• Like 1

Just now, Blueandwhitemike said:

So it doesn't work every time... But still it is fine sometimes and not others, probably dependent on the player and the opposition.  Not crazy though.

It will be interesting to see how Lyle Taylor does as he has a pretty decent goalscoring record at League one but first time at this level at 29 years old.

Actually I just googled it there and it says his debut was against City. It must have been his first game at Old Trafford I was at. His actual debut against City sounded worse..

https://www.givemesport.com/1493636-patrice-evra-reveals-the-full-extent-of-his-nightmare-debut-for-man-utd-in-2006 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/sir-alex-fergusons-stinging-attack-18800397 

He's 29?? I thought he was around 19. I read this morning he is their only fit striker. 

37 minutes ago, philipl said:

Yes you are right again- Burnley had used their sub so Kindon was allowed back on after quite a few minutes to a cacophony of derision and yes it was him missing it.

Quickest resurrection since Lazarus. He was seriously pacey though. 

You could always rely on Kindon for entertainment.  One of the funniest thing I have ever seen in football involved him.  I attended a conference in the midlands and what else do you do on a weekday evening?  Well you can go and watch Wolves who happened to be at home.  It was in the days of having only one sub and on that night it was Kindon.  Wolves came out for their warm up and Kindon really leathered the Ball straight into the back of Alan Sunderland’s head resulting in Sunderland being stretchered off with concussion.  This meant Kindon playing and Wolves with no sub before the kick off.  Within 2 mins Wolves win a corner which resulted in Kindon charging in like the maniac he is and in the process flattens Richards who is carried off on a stretcher.  Wolves down to10 men with 88 minutes to play and Kindon has done both of them.

Typical Ex Burnley player.

sorry but bringing his name up just reminded me of the incident.

• Like 4

Just now, 4000Holes said:

You could always rely on Kindon for entertainment.  One of the funniest thing I have ever seen in football involved him.  I attended a conference in the midlands and what else do you do on a weekday evening?  Well you can go and watch Wolves who happened to be at home.  It was in the days of having only one sub and on that night it was Kindon.  Wolves came out for their warm up and Kindon really leathered the Ball straight into the back of Alan Sunderland’s head resulting in Sunderland being stretchered off with concussion.  This meant Kindon playing and Wolves with no sub before the kick off.  Within 2 mins Wolves win a corner which resulted in Kindon charging in like the maniac he is and in the process flattens Richards who is carried off on a stretcher.  Wolves down to10 men with 88 minutes to play and Kindon has done both of them.

Typical Ex Burnley player.

sorry but bringing his name up just reminded me of the incident.

Once went to watch Brum v Newcastle with a Geordie mate in a midweek game at the pre redeveloped St Andrews hell hole because Speedie was playing for them.  He didn't disappoint after being taunted throughout by the barcodes on the back his his antics and goals towards them at Ewood a few seasons before he clattered their keeper right in front of them who if i recall correctly had to be stretchered off.  Then under even more hostile abuse he 'did' the sub keeper who spent the rest of the game reaching for smelling salts from the back of his net.

Can't even remember who won.

On the City lad if he's good enough he could play the guy has just done almost a season for West Brom.  While some do reach for the beating stick too quickly others will make up every excuse that comes off the top of their heads for the manager.

Tony has already said certain players for a certain games so the tombola will be in overdrive next season aside from the usual senior favs.  This is why he loves back up signings it gives him license to jiggle about constantly it's the way he works and always has. He won't change now so we have to lump it.

• Like 1

We are having a heated debate about Tosin being played or not and presuming we register him before 5pm today, we still won't know until 2pm Saturday.

My guess is he won't play more because he is rather different to the centre backs we have already so not a straight plug and play. 

I would be concerned if he appears at right back against Charlton...

• Like 1

• Backroom
Just now, philipl said:

We are having a heated debate about Tosin being played or not and presuming we register him before 5pm today, we still won't know until 2pm Saturday.

My guess is he won't play more because he is rather different to the centre backs we have already so not a straight plug and play. 

I would be concerned if he appears at right back against Charlton...

No chance of him starting at RB imo. Mowbray has Bennett and Nyambe who can play there, so no reason to rush Ada into that position. CB is the only position I could see him potentially starting in, but that would entirely depend on whether Mowbray is still unsure about Mulgrew. My guess is that Lenihan/Mulgrew still start at CB.

Edited by DE.

3 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

First competitive game against them since our relegation in 1966, 11 years of them lording it over us swept away in the best first 45 mins I ever saw. Followed by a collapse to beat anything we saw last season and the longest five minutes of injury time in history.

We played against them the previous season 76/77 where we were 2-0 up at Ewood on Boxing Day only to draw that one 2-2. Seem to recollect John Byrom scoring one of our goals. Can't remember the score at their place on Easter Monday 77.

Edited by ossyian
Spelt wrong

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

Yes I can still hear it now , BRING ON THE DUSTBIN CLAP CLAP CLAP .....