BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

19 minutes ago, philipl said:

We are having a heated debate about Tosin being played or not and presuming we register him before 5pm today, we still won't know until 2pm Saturday.

My guess is he won't play more because he is rather different to the centre backs we have already so not a straight plug and play. 

I would be concerned if he appears at right back against Charlton...

I can't see anything other than Mowbray going with Bell, Mulgrew, Lenihan and Bennett until we concede 3 or 4 a couple of times.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, DE. said:

No chance of him starting at RB imo. Mowbray has Bennett and Nyambe who can play there, so no reason to rush Ada into that position. CB is the only position I could see him potentially starting in, but that would entirely depend on whether Mowbray is still unsure about Mulgrew. My guess is that Lenihan/Mulgrew still start at CB.

My prediction is that Mulgrew will be given every chance to fail.(and will take it!)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Mowbray: ''defensively we’re fine'' and versatile. Well, we are going to find out soon enough but maybe not v Charlton.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

12 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Mowbray: ''defensively we’re fine'' and versatile. Well, we are going to find out soon enough but maybe not v Charlton.

So from ‘defenders are coming’ to ‘defensively we’re fine’, after signing a kid on loan from City. Bumbling idiot.

• Like 3

Just now, RV Blue said:

So from ‘defenders are coming’ to ‘defensively we’re fine’, after signing a kid on loan from City. Bumbling idiot.

I think we will get another backup keeper for no Fee and that's it.

We will need to score a lot this coming season to get wins.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, philipl said:

Ince and Allardyce only managed us in the Premier League.

Dalglish and Souness predate Hughes.

So no he didn't say that.

He said best manager we have had at this level.  Then he said Best since Mark Hughes.  Dalglish and Souness bith managed at this level As did Mr H Kendall.  If he had only said best since Hughes then you are right.  I took it just as the other poster did.

• Like 4

I have to question whether those criticising TM on that quote have read the full article. He's pretty much dismissed attack and midfield additions, says defence will be looked at along with keeper. The overall message is he still intends to get transfers in, yet the line being focused on is that is content with defensive options. 

Given that was our frailty, 48 hours before game 1 he's hardly going to instill confidence if he said we're desperate for defenders cos we're poor at the back. It would also drive up prices for us 

• Like 7

5 hours ago, philipl said:

7 minutes. Jim Smith raced onto the pitch at the final whistle watch in hand to confront the ref. Steve Kindon had raced through our defence (again) in the 6th minute of injury time and put it wide- the dingles had started celebrating their equaliser when he missed and the combination of relief and mocking let loose from the Rovers in the Longside was an extraordinary sound.

Who missed the penalty which would have made it 4 in the first minute of the second half?  

A day I will never forget, the parts I can remember anyway.  Best away day ever.  If only we had not missed that pen to make it 4-0.  Talk about a gut wrenching end to a game, seemed like a lifetime.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Gutted if Nuttall leaves(for chump money!) Looks our most natural finisher after graham, has all the physical qualities to go with it and become a top championship goalscorer if given chance by a manager that supports him.

Definitely going to be one well regret letting go so easily in a year or 2.

Sorry but just don't see this. Nuttall looked out of his depth in the Championship when I saw him last season, and doesn't seem to have improved in his time at Ewood. 

3 hours ago, philipl said:

Yes you are right again- Burnley had used their sub so Kindon was allowed back on after quite a few minutes to a cacophony of derision and yes it was him missing it.

Quickest resurrection since Lazarus. He was seriously pacey though. 

Kindon's wife is on the game again.

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead

‘so defensively we’re fine’

Tony, 69 goals against last season says otherwise. 

I thought defenders were coming? 

Or is this another thing the manager says that we shouldn’t pay attention to?

• Like 5

As it stands for me, 10 positions should pick themselves for Sat... Walton, Nyambe, Lenihan, Mulgrew, Bell, Travis, Johnson, Right winger, Dack, Rothwell, Graham.

Don't care if the winger is Armstrong, Gallagher, Downing, Chapman, Rankin-Costello, Javier De Pedro, Bennett or even Brereton... but that (for me) is our best XI until Tosin gets up to speed or we buy one better. I do expect Gallagher to be starting most games eventually.

Of course, no way I see even 2 of Bennett, Downing, Armstrong or Evans on the bench. Roll on Saturday.

• Like 2

Just now, Angry_Pirate said:

As it stands for me, 10 positions should pick themselves for Sat... Walton, Nyambe, Lenihan, Mulgrew, Bell, Travis, Johnson, Right winger, Dack, Rothwell, Graham.

Don't care if the winger is Armstrong, Gallagher, Downing, Chapman, Rankin-Costello, Javier De Pedro, Bennett or even Brereton... but that (for me) is our best XI until Tosin gets up to speed or we buy one better. I do expect Gallagher to be starting most games eventually.

Of course, no way I see even 2 of Bennett, Downing, Armstrong or Evans on the bench. Roll on Saturday.

Mulgrew plays, we lose. End of.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

I think we are well in the market for another centre back and Mowbray is playing his cards close to his chest. 

I also think we'll get another defender and probably some left field 'bargain' signing  as well.    Remember TM saying they hadn't spent the Raya money. 

Edited by Wing Wizard Windy Miller

Just now, WIR Second Coming said:

Well it's not end of, is it. We don't lose every single game we play with him, and we're about to face one of the worst sides in the league at home.

He's a gash defender though, and even with his goals our stats with him in the team make depressing reading. But we're not dead certs to lose with him in.

Sure hope he's not starting by the time we play Fulham though, or they'll be licking their lips.

• Like 1

Just now, WIR Second Coming said:

Bit drastic... but look at the facts.

Williams is injured, Rodwell is gone, Nyambe is a RB, Adarabioyo signed yesterday, no one else signed, Magliore and Grayson are teenagers.

Mulgrew is nailed on for the first game because we only have 2 senior, fit, central defenders. 

Mowbray will want to play all his faves against a team like Charlton in the hope we win by a few goals (possible). That way he can "justify" playing them for the next month or 3.

God help us if we start with Nyambe, Travis and Rothwell on the bench and win comfortably... Tony will feel justified to leave them out for ages.

• Like 2

I honestly can't work out if he thinks Raya was THAT bad and to blame for shed loads of goals or if he thinks we have such quality in youth that we'll be ok.

I don't particularly agree with either but it's a little odd.

• Like 3