BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

27 minutes ago, Ricky said:

My concern is that he identified the issue last season and did nothing to rectify it over the summer. We’ve wasted preseason by playing weak opposition (apart from Rangers) and playing the players who he already said weren’t good enough. We needed to be giving a new back 4 a good run of games. We can’t afford to throw away points with a tough few games coming up. We really had to hit the ground running. 

Like-- but have run out of likes!

13 minutes ago, OJRovers said:

I think Mowbray will want to put Tosin at right back, dilemma is that he came out straight away and said he doesn't want to play there...

If that happens Tosin will be back to City and loaned to someone else in January.

• Like 1

At a minimum we need a LB and dominating CB.

Nyambe has to start the next game.

We have to find a way to play Dack and  Rothwell together, ideally without converting Rothwell to a winger. 

The best I’ve seen us perform for a long time was 70 mins Stoke Away where we played Dack upfront with Graham, perhaps we could go back to that with a Rothwell in the hole and stop this “chuck any non-winger onto the wing where they can’t cross or play wide”  

I’ll give Tony the benefit of the doubt for a few more games to sort it out. Mainly because I’d be afraid of what came next with Venkys in charge.

• Like 2

Just now, Tormund said:

Because we need a left back too.

Correct.

We need to replace Bell immediately.

The only options are Williams (he is worse than Bell at LB) or Downing.

At CB we have Lenihan, Toshin, Williams, Nyambe who should all be before Mulgrew in the pecking order, not to mention Magloire.

For sure we need to strengthen CB and ship a couple out but LB is a priority.

Just now, OldEwoodBlue said:

Correct.

We need to replace Bell immediately.

The only options are Williams (he is worse than Bell at LB) or Downing.

At CB we have Lenihan, Toshin, Williams, Nyambe who should all be before Mulgrew in the pecking order, not to mention Magloire.

For sure we need to strengthen CB and ship a couple out but LB is a priority.

who plays left back for the 23's surely he must be worth a go?

Just now, rigger said:

who plays left back for the 23's surely he must be worth a go?

The MINIMUM expectation this season is the play offs. Nothing less.

Giving someone a go isn't a sound plan when we only have a few days left in the transfer window.

We need proper proven quality players.

There are cup games to give these lads a go and continue their growth.

Every league game is a MUST WIN game if we have any chance of meeting the target.

Yesterday we lost the first one.

• Like 2

Giving someone a go isn't a sound plan when we only have a few days left in the transfer window.

Every league game is a MUST WIN game if we have any chance of meeting the target.

I am talking about what we have now. I would say playing a rookie is a better option than Bell

Just now, rigger said:

I am talking about what we have now. I would say playing a rookie is a better option than Bell

I would say playing me is a better option to playing Bell.

Agreed Hart or one of the u23s couldn't do any worse but in reality Downing is the only fit alternative to Bell.

We need a proven quality LB to progress.

52 minutes ago, Yonder12 said:

Personally I'd sell Dack for 15m, and play Rothwell in the hole. And use the money for a CB LB and RB

This isnt a money issue and I'll be annoyed if Mowbray or the media try to make it out to be as that will deflect blame away from where it lies. 

He's had 5 million this summer plus hefty wages for Gallagher, Downing and Johnson. He had millions last summer. He hasn't had to sell to raise money. So he's had all the opportunity he needs to address defence which could have been addressed for comparitively less money than other positions.

I suspect we will get more talk about the budget not stretching to defenders or being priced out of the deals we wanted to do but that is nonsense. We've chosen not to address it despite having a good budget. 

That's either the owners or the managers fault, but either way it is very concerning

• Like 8

Agreed Hart or one of the u23s couldn't do any worse but in reality Downing is the only fit alternative to Bell.

?

I couldn't make it yesterday but as soon as the team was announced there was a sense of inevitability about the result. 

It's almost comical that the manager goes public about how bad our defence was last season, then totally neglects the fact all summer. 

It's a hell of an ask for a young lad like Tosin to come in and be the answer.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

With our back four and defensive options as they currently are there’s not a chance in hell we are getting in the playoffs this season.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Hi Mack said:

I couldn't make it yesterday but as soon as the team was announced there was a sense of inevitability about the result. 

It's almost comical that the manager goes public about how bad our defence was last season, then totally neglects the fact all summer. 

It's a hell of an ask for a young lad like Tosin to come in and be the answer.

The fact that he made the comments about the defence in public, (unwise), and has done so little to back up his words has put him under extreme, self inflicted pressure after only one game.

Only has himself to blame.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Totally agree 

The thing is if another manager came in now, the main thing they would  change is the defence. Its clearly the problem, but the manager has now backtracked on his comments from last year and it had cost us 3 home points. Long season, but those 3 points could come in handy. Charlton were pretty crap, but rather than play Rothwell or our 6 million pound striker, who had a full year to settle in and a good pre-season, he starts Gallagher who has barely played with the lads and didn't score in pre-season. Why shoudk Gallagher start straight away, but Brereton had to wait a season plus? 

• Like 1

Just now, john.leigh said:

Dack didn’t look anywhere near a £15m player yesterday. Can he perform without Graham? 

They have a chemistry that makes them both better than the individual parts.

He was played out of position based on this bollocks new system. Basically played a RCM role.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

The thing is if another manager came in now, the main thing they would  change is the defence. Its clearly the problem, but the manager has now backtracked on his comments from last year and it had cost us 3 home points. Long season, but those 3 points could come in handy. Charlton were pretty crap, but rather than play Rothwell or our 6 million pound striker, who had a full year to settle in and a good pre-season, he starts Gallagher who has barely played with the lads and didn't score in pre-season. Why shoudk Gallagher start straight away, but Brereton had to wait a season plus? 

Perhaps the conversation with Venky's went something like this 'if we authorise the deal you are going to play him, Mr Mowbray, aren't you - unlike Brereton?'  Cough, cough, splutter, splutter 'of course, Madam'.

As a result, IMO, we will see Graham back at Fulham and Gallagher shunted out wide again.

Yep, we need defenders but the role of Mowbray, Venus and Lowe is to feckin optimise what we have!  Good organisation and tactics go a long, long way.  They should be drilled, drilled and driiled time and again  in training until their b@lls drop off.

Even with what we have at the back, we look so disorganised and vulnerable and that, IMO, is down to a lack of quality coaching. 

Edited by Mercer

Just now, BankEnd Rover said:

I'm really hopeing yesterday was a wake up call for Boring Tony and the dire need of some defenders. Like most though I don't think it will change much. A hammering at Fulham is on the horizon.

If that is a catalyst for the sacking of Mowbray, Venus, Lowe and Benson then I'll take it.

• Like 1