BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Palmer starting and paid for £3m . Wonder what Johnson sees in him that Tony couldn't even play him .....

Probably a place for him in the team? 

We can't play Palmer without dropping Dack. If we dropped Dack I would rather play Rothwell. So you'd spend 3m on a player who would be 3rd in the pecking order? 

• Like 1

Just now, Eddie said:

We can't play Palmer without dropping Dack. If we dropped Dack I would rather play Rothwell. So you'd spend 3m on a player who would be 3rd in the pecking order? 

I never said that. I'd have palmer in the squad , in fact at the moment Dack looks spent 

Edited by Sparks Rover

I am as frustrated as anyone on here by our transfer activity and the way we started the season but can people please stop analysing what managers say in public. 

Some managers will happily throw their players under the bus (Mourinho). Some managers will defend their players until the very end (Guardiola).

What a manager says in public is not a reflection of how he feels, what he says to the players, or what he will do. 

Be critical as you want of our actual transfers and how we played yesterday, but let's stop pretending that Mowbray drinks some truth serum before he steps in front of the press. 

• Like 3

Just now, Eddie said:

We spent £7 Million on a striker who still can't even get on the pitch when we need a goal.

• Like 6

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

We spent £7 Million on a striker who still can't even get on the pitch when we need a goal.

Yes, Buckley coming on instead of Brereton was puzzling to say the least. Johnson immediately had to cover for Buckley and the whole thing changed.

God, the f*cking Brereton discussion. 

Did I sign him? Is he the counter-argument to every point that is made? 

I personally think Brereton will turn out to be good. Would I have spent 7m on him over signing players for more important areas of the squad? No. 

Do I think he deserves to be given a little bit of slack on this messageboard? Yes. 

• Like 8

Just now, Eddie said:

God, the f*cking Brereton discussion. 

Did I sign him? Is he the counter-argument to every point that is made? 

I personally think Brereton will turn out to be good. Would I have spent 7m on him over signing players for more important areas of the squad? No. 

Do I think he deserves to be given a little bit of slack on this messageboard? Yes. 

It is a perfectly justified reply to your post about Palmer, yes he'd never have fit into TMs systems so fair enough it would've been a waste of money but you me and the gate post know that a 3 mill sub in the Championship isn't unusual these days. So looking at it just from a money angle which you appeared to be is empty as one game before long we'll have 15 milion pounds worth of forwards sat on the bench no doubt at all.

Just now, tomphil said:

It is a perfectly justified reply to your post about Palmer, yes he'd never have fit into TMs systems so fair enough it would've been a waste of money but you me and the gate post know that a 3 mill sub in the Championship isn't unusual these days. So looking at it just from a money angle which you appeared to be is empty as one game before long we'll have 15 milion pounds worth of forwards sat on the bench no doubt at all.

No. Because Palmer would be 3rd choice for 1 spot. 

Personally, I would be starting Brereton now, but in the very least I would have him as second choice for 1 spot (with the possibility that we could actually play 2 up front). 

So, no, not quite the same as the Palmer situation and we are now discussing players that we should add to our current squad - not decisions that were made 12 months ago. 

We have the squad that we have now. The question is how can we make it better. 

• Like 1

Just now, Waggy76 said:

I beg to differ !!

Dack is in his 3rd season , rather a good so far !!!

If the other 2 perform as well over the next 24 months I will agree with you !

Only as good as your last game in football and Dack hasn't played for 6 months.  Pace hasn't improved either.  Looks like the yoga was a waste of time.  I'd have got a sprint coach in. Johnson is a class above Dack.

Edited by Sparks Rover

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Only as good as your last game in football and Dack hasn't played for 6 months.  Pace hasn't improved either.  Looks like the yoga was a waste of time.  I'd have got a sprint coach in. Johnson is a class above Dack.

If you say so !!

Are we still in for Mile Skoric? I saw his team got knocked out of the Euros last week. Or maybe Jan Arie van der Heijden from Feyenoord, who is deperate to look for another club before the closing of the window.

Hope Mowbray stays true to his word and brings in some additional defenders this week.