BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, AdamRochina said:

i agree with sparks tbh, dack just dosent look the player he was before,  i would prefer rothwell over him right now,  give him a kick up the ass maybe

So ditch a player who got us 15 goals, and 12 assists in the Championship last season and replace him presumably with Joe Rothwell who got 2 goals and 2 assists last season.

We have already clarified that the owners don't reinvest money gained from sales. But hey... What the Hell... What could go wrong when were are struggling to defend right now...

• Like 4

Dack plays in a role where he will flutter in and out of the game, his game depends on supply lines. At the minute Mowbray wants us to play possession based football. Our current defence, in my opinion isn't capable of playing this brand of football this leaves a gaping gap between defence and attack.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

I am as frustrated as anyone on here by our transfer activity and the way we started the season but can people please stop analysing what managers say in public. 

No.

Who do you think his audience is when he says things in public? Us. The public. The fans. If he doesn't want the things he says in public to be analysed, he should stop saying so much in public. Or better yet, think more carefully about what he does say. It's out there to be analysed.

• Like 5

Just now, Gary C said:

Johnson was the best player on the pitch against Charlton. Dack was below bar. Cant judge on one competitive game but positive signs 

He made a massive difference becuase he looks to play the ball forward. However there was 3 seperate occasions were he messed about with the ball, and gave it away whilst falling on the floor, which let charlton in. He needs to cut that out.

Edited by AAK

25 minutes ago, Hi Mack said:

Dack plays in a role where he will flutter in and out of the game, his game depends on supply lines. At the minute Mowbray wants us to play possession based football. Our current defence, in my opinion isn't capable of playing this brand of football this leaves a gaping gap between defence and attack.

If graham doesnt play, dack doesnt perform. He looked like he couldnt be assed yesterday, and if he carries on like that he can feck off with bennett, whos incidently been arguing with fans on twitter. His best quality is his fist pump, bar that, nothing.

Continuing shaping the team around Dack is becoming a problem IMO. Put a man tight on him and he disappears; without Graham to cushion knockdown headers for him and he never sees the ball. Time to bite the bullet and go with Brereton & Gallagher, Rothwell, Johnson, Travis and one of Downing/Armstrong? There’s no future in either Dack or Graham so time to rebuild for a better future.

Edited by Exiled in Toronto
  • Like 7

Just now, Exiled in Toronto said:

Continuing shaping the team around Dack is becoming a problem IMO. Put a man tight on him and he disappears; without Graham to cushion knockdown headers for him and he never sees the ball. Time to bite the bullet and go with Brereton & Gallagher, Rothwell, Johnson, Travis and one of Downing/Armstrong? There’s no future in either Dack or Graham so time to rebuild for a better future.

Not sure I follow the logic here how can there be no future in someone of Dack's ability but there is in Brereton and Gallagher who are both massively inferior players?

And how can there be no future with Graham who 33 yet you go with Johnson (32) and Downing (35)?

• Like 3

I don't even think it needs to be this drastic, play Dack deeper I say. Dack should play in a midfield three with Rothwell and Johnson, with three interchanging strikers up top.

Something like this, whilst sadly leaving somebody like Travis out, would much better suit Brereton, Rothwell and Armstrong, who NEED to be the future of this team. We have to play to their strengths and not Graham.

Walton

Nyambe Lenihan Adarbioyo Downing

Johnson

Dack Rothwell

Gallagher Brereton Armstrong

Dack’s problem is that the other teams know that if they mark him out of the game, they mark us out of the game. If the opposition had other players to worry about, Dack would have more space to operate.

Edited by RV Blue
  • Like 3

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

Not sure I follow the logic here how can there be no future in someone of Dack's ability but there is in Brereton and Gallagher who are both massively inferior players?

And how can there be no future with Graham who 33 yet you go with Johnson (32) and Downing (35)?

He’s gonna be sold to balance the books. Stick with Graham and you can’t play Brereton or Gallagher in their main position, plus he has no pace and they both do.

Just now, JoeHarvey said:

I don't even think it needs to be this drastic, play Dack deeper I say. Dack should play in a midfield three with Rothwell and Johnson, with three interchanging strikers up top.

Something like this, whilst sadly leaving somebody like Travis out, would much better suit Brereton, Rothwell and Armstrong, who NEED to be the future of this team. We have to play to their strengths and not Graham.

Walton

Johnson

Dack Rothwell

I'd love to play against team, apart from Johnson and the possible exception of Lenihan there's not a tackle to be seen anywhere.

• Like 3

Just now, JoeHarvey said:

Walton

Johnson

Dack Rothwell

Amd that's why Mowbray gets paid the big bucks and you don't. Drop Travis? Sensible

• Like 1

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

probably because of where and how they play.

He’s gonna be sold to balance the books. Stick with Graham and you can’t play Brereton or Gallagher in their main position, plus he has no pace and they both do.

I forgot how quick Gallagher was in stride, there was a wee burst at one point yesterday, good to see.

He won't balance the books if his value drops drastically due to not playing in an average Championship side.

Just now, 1864roverite said:

I am all for jrc to be right back instead of Bennett and play Nyambe alongside lenihan and tosin. 3-5-2 or 3-4-1-2 is the way

I feel confident it would take us precisely one game to all be in agreement it isn't.

We are bereft of good centre halves. It's a huge glaring weakness. It's bad enough we need to field two of them.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Tormund said:

Would it be completely mad to include Costello at right back? Didn’t he play there well in pre season. Saying that don’t think Tony has the balls to try him. 

It would do no harm, I hear a lot of posters saying gat Nyambe in he's a right back, Bennett isn't blah blah blah 

What a lot seem to miss is how different as players Nyambe and Bennett are, if you want a right back who is a decent defender but gets a nose bleed if he ventures over half way, Nyambe is your man (this is why I see his future at centre half) 

If you want a right back who can get forward but who will get found out defensively  now and again but should create chances and offer that extra bod in the last 3rd Bennett is your man

Now if you want a hybrid of the 2

Rankin Costello is ideal, he will get caught out defensively now and again but Id bet a pound to a pinch of shit he will create chances and offer a threat in the last 3rd and he can defend 

• Like 2