BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, DE. said:

Should that be the case then I'm sure Mowbray, being the honest and transparent man that we are told repeatedly he is, will enlighten us on why we've been able to spend £5m on a striker - despite already having quite a few on the books - but were unable to spend anything on the one area of the pitch that desperately needed it and that he assured us would be addressed. "Defensively we're alright" doesn't cut it. 

God, you couldn't make it up!

Just now, DE. said:

Should that be the case then I'm sure Mowbray, being the honest and transparent man that we are told repeatedly he is, will enlighten us on why we've been able to spend £5m on a striker - despite already having quite a few on the books - but were unable to spend anything on the one area of the pitch that desperately needed it and that he assured us would be addressed. "Defensively we're alright" doesn't cut it. 

Is a total delusion

Because a striker is an easier investment to justify, it's no coincidence big money hasn't been invested in solid championship defenders. It's not about success on the pitch for Venky's sadly, it's about the potential ROI.

For the manager it seems to be about "what CAN I get the green light on" not "what positions do we need the green light on".

• Like 2

Just now, DE. said:

Sharpe says he’s not ducking the questioning of Mowbray on the need for defenders. But I’m yet to see he or anyone else quiz him properly on the 180 he’s done from season end to now where we’re supposedly ‘defensively alright’. Did Mulgrew, Bell and Bennett turn into Baresi, Maldini and Costacurta over the summer? Because evidence would suggest they haven’t.

• Like 5

• Backroom
Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Sharpe says he’s not ducking the questioning of Mowbray on the need for defenders. But I’m yet to see he or anyone else quiz him properly on the 180 he’s done from season end to now where we’re supposedly ‘defensively alright’. Did Mulgrew, Bell and Bennett turn into Baresi, Maldini and Costacurta over the summer? Because evidence would suggest they haven’t.

Pretty sure current day Baresi, Maldini and Costacurta are still better than those three at defending.

• Like 4

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

They've actually managed to get worse over preseason. TM needs to sort it out before the window shuts or it'll be a frustrating season. 

The decision to let Downing go makes even less sense than it did at the time.

• Like 1

Even Lenihan looks poor and lacking in confidence, Mulgrew is seriously struggling with the pace and the new system, it was painful to watch at times, David Wheater would be better but that's the kind of dross we are likely to attract. 

Looks like the budget is gone now and only money for wages, expect free transfer CB(and not a very good one)

It breaks my heart we have fallen so low and are unable to attract good players, football's gone mad.

Hearing whispers of Smallwood to Accrington, don't know how reliable but thought I'd share nonetheless.

Sharpe is getting more and more of a cop out. No pressure on TM or anything, he just gets drip fed and puts a different headline on the same story, getting board of the LT, Wheellock was better dam even Cryer was to a degree.

12 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Nope it went on 5 million pound striker who isn't even worth 5 million. Also that 5 million pound striker will probably be played out on the wing more than down the middle. FFS have we signed any defenders yet?

But I'm confused because after Gallagher was signed Mowbray claimed we hadn't touched the Raya cash. 

• Like 1

• Backroom
Just now, JHRover said:

But I'm confused because after Gallagher was signed Mowbray claimed we hadn't touched the Raya cash. 

We can only conclude that we're paying a bloody massive loan fee for this City lad.

Are the Venkys really billionaires and if so its about time they flexed there muscles with some real money. And please don't start with there bank rolling us if so wipe the 130 million out and  get a proper  manager in with a real plan . Its all smoke and mirrors with this lot

• Like 1

Just now, stinny1 said:

Are the Venkys really billionaires and if so its about time they flexed there muscles with some real money. And please don't start with there bank rolling us if so wipe the 130 million out and  get a proper  manager in with a real plan . Its all smoke and mirrors with this lot

FFP.

• Like 1

Lenihan  needs a leader along side him who can talk him through  a game and bring him on .He's nobody around him and thats way he making mistakes. Could you imagine Hendry being a long  side him he would roll on come on Colin one more  for old times sake

FFP is a blessing too the Venkys and dose it stop them wiping out the 130 million  black hole. Its all bullshit  Jesus  are some of you lot working for  Venkys . It doesn't  affect  other clubs Forest , Derby , Leeds who where skint years back. Next you will be telling  me the earth is flat wake up

• Like 1

Think most of our problems are self inflicted. 

I think it was lunacy to appoint Waggott on, if I'm right, the recommendation of Mowbray.

Also, IMO, Waggott has not got an eye catching CV / track record.

I think our owners just kept shooting themselves in the foot. 

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 2