BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

• Backroom
Just now, Alejandro Tapia said:

We need a better defense. Maybe sign two defenders cause we are weak on that part of the pitch

You spotted this from Mexico right? 

Which begs the question why are there people in Lancashire that seem to he struggling to notice it? 

Puzzling. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, blondie said:

Injured around Feb/March with Swansea, achilles rupture.

As Swansea aren't as benevolent to injured players as we are, ( Gladwin), contract not renewed , getting fit without a club, is very difficult.

Would have been a better choice to offer to train with us than the likes of Butterfield was...

• Like 1

Just now, DE. said:

Well, your first paragraph is the ballsed up the transfer window option, so yeah. Saying "we just missed our targets" with a shrug isn't good enough. Not when Bennett and Bell are starting on the flanks. 

I consider relegation unlikely, but before the Charlton match kicked off most of us were harbouring ambitions for at least too ten if not an outside shot at sneaking into the playoffs. I'd consider both highly unlikely without defensive reinforcements. 

The brackets should’ve read sarcastically - irrespective of Saturday, I would say that our defence is marginally better than last season, Adarabioyo is an upgrade on Williams and Mulgrew IMO, or at least an attempt (since proof is on the grass not CV)

Certainly an upgrade on Downing as stated. The upgrade enough to meet expectations? I’m not convinced, but I’m not convinced it’s as easy as “we should’ve spent the Gally money on a CB”..!

I would say that we’ve far more options for 5atb now too - whilst that may send shudders up spines, I’m not against the idea that Nyambe and Lethal Derek would be better suited to wide centre back roles! 

21 minutes ago, Harry The Bass said:

I can add plenty of rationale to why we haven’t, ignore it all you want.

It doesn’t help us improve our defence mind! 

One thing that does irk, it’s not as if we haven’t signed anyone. If you’d offered me for CB; Downing out, Adarabioyo in- I probably would’ve seen that as a minor upgrade.

Problem is, the expectation of promotion would probably require further defensive enhancements.

The expectation of finishing halfway will require" further defensive enhancements!"---Is that code for "new defenders" by the way?!

• Backroom

If we were going to go for any unattached player with a bit of injury risk then I'd be fine with it being Olsson. The lad knows the club, has pedigree at this level and plays a position we are critically weak in. I doubt he'd be asking for crazy wages at this point either. 

Unfortunately he fails two major criteria:

- Not British

- Hasn't played for any of Tony's former clubs

So he's probably not even on our radar. But even so, if we can give the likes of Gladwin, Whittingham and Caddis multi-year deals then why not offer Olsson a 12 month deal to see if he can get back up to speed and give us a useful option on that side? Maybe we already have and he isn't interested in what we're offering, but I haven't seen anything to suggest we've even considered it.

• Like 5

Just now, Harry The Bass said:

The brackets should’ve read sarcastically - irrespective of Saturday, I would say that our defence is marginally better than last season, Adarabioyo is an upgrade on Williams and Mulgrew IMO, or at least an attempt (since proof is on the grass not CV)

Certainly an upgrade on Downing as stated. The upgrade enough to meet expectations? I’m not convinced, but I’m not convinced it’s as easy as “we should’ve spent the Gally money on a CB”..!

I would say that we’ve far more options for 5atb now too - whilst that may send shudders up spines, I’m not against the idea that Nyambe and Lethal Derek would be better suited to wide centre back roles! 

Time to rate Adarabioyo is in action the but you rate him without seeing him? We all felt optimistic about Palmer this time last year.

What we needed was not a teenage loan from City but a tough, experienced pro. In reality 2.

Known well before the season that we needed 2 centre-backs and in all that time we couldn't find them!!! No problem with strikers though. All the excuses under the sun.

It is as easy as saying "we should've spent the Gally money on a CB". Probably wouldn't have taken all of it anyway.

When it comes to defenders our club is utterly amateurish.

• Like 4

Just now, DE. said:

If we were going to go for any unattached player with a bit of injury risk then I'd be fine with it being Olsson. The lad knows the club, has pedigree at this level and plays a position we are critically weak in. I doubt he'd be asking for crazy wages at this point either. 

- Not British

So he's probably not even on our radar. But even so, if we can give the likes of Gladwin, Whittingham and Caddis multi-year deals then why not offer Olsson a 12 month deal to see if he can get back up to speed and give us a useful option on that side? Maybe we already have and he isn't interested in what we're offering, but I haven't seen anything to suggest we've even considered it.

That's the bloody problem , besides a half baked attempt to sign Bauer , we have not been linked or had  bids rejected  for anyone ...News does leak out it isntNorth Korea !

Just now, DE. said:

But even so, if we can give the likes of Gladwin, Whittingham and Caddis multi-year deals then why not offer Olsson a 12 month deal to see if he can get back up to speed 

Olsson recent international, just finished a 40/50k pw deal.

Might be a slight discrepancy in what we would have to pay him compared to caddis..!

• Like 1

Just now, DE. said:

- Not British

No suggestion at all that theres any intention of addressing LB. Mowbray likes Bell, he's got William's to try out again yet plus Hart who played quite well against Barrow and Mansfield....gulp.

• Backroom

Olsson recent international, just finished a 40/50k pw deal.

Might be a slight discrepancy in what we would have to pay him compared to caddis..!

Well, obviously, but I bet Gladwin and Whittingham were on a decent wage for League 1. Relatively speaking if Olsson was willing to drop his demands, which he may well do if he's without a club and recovering from a serious injury, then why not give it a shot? I'd certainly make contact at the very least to discuss it.

• Like 2

Just now, 47er said:

Time to rate Adarabioyo is in action the but you rate him without seeing him? We all felt optimistic about Palmer this time last year.

What we needed was not a teenage loan from City but a tough, experienced pro. In reality 2.

Known well before the season that we needed 2 centre-backs and in all that time we couldn't find them!!! No problem with strikers though. All the excuses under the sun.

It is as easy as saying "we should've spent the Gally money on a CB". Probably wouldn't have taken all of it anyway.

When it comes to defenders our club is utterly amateurish.

As I said, I’d expect him to be an upgrade but proof is on the grass.

It may be as easy as “here’s 5m, I’ll have a 6 foot 5 dominating Centreback please who fits our wage structure” in your view, but not my own!

• Backroom
Just now, JHRover said:

No suggestion at all that theres any intention of addressing LB. Mowbray likes Bell, he's got William's to try out again yet plus Hart who played quite well against Barrow and Mansfield....gulp.

Sadly I think you're right, I don't think LB is being given high priority at all. Which is a shame as I consider it as weak as CB and weaker than RB, where we at least have Nyambe. 

• Like 1

Just now, DE. said:

Well, obviously, but I bet Gladwin and Whittingham were on a decent wage for League 1. Relatively speaking if Olsson was willing to drop his demands, which he may well do if he's without a club and recovering from a serious injury, then why not give it a shot? I'd certainly make contact at the very least to discuss it.

I wouldn’t assume we haven’t.

I also wouldn’t assume he’s interested, since football is an incredibly short career - could see him easy making la liga, serie a, ligue 1, or Bundesliga team with a contract that would dwarf our “cap”

His agent will be inundated. I’d love him back too, remember he likes our socks...!

As I said, I’d expect him to be an upgrade but proof is on the grass.

It may be as easy as “here’s 5m, I’ll have a 6 foot 5 dominating Centreback please who fits our wage structure” in your view, but not my own!

We managed to do it when we wanted a striker last summer and this summer.

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

We managed to do it when we wanted a striker last summer and this summer.

Hence why I said I wouldn’t be surprised if we splurged more cash on a 19 year old centre back this week.

Plus again - just taking the figures ignores key details, one was 19 and the other openly stated in his interview “it’s not about money I took a cut to come here!”

Perhaps that CB we wanted in a similar position at his club to Gallagher doesn't want to drop 10k* a week

*an estimate before the fact police slide into my DMs

Edited by Harry The Bass

14 minutes ago, stinny1 said:

Sorry but Rovers can't  score 3 goals  a game to win 3 points everyweek  and relegation is a possibility  Tony took us down once before

Rubbish it wasn’t his fault it was coyles fuck up look at how many points the team amassed under TM

• Like 2

Hence why I said I wouldn’t be surprised if we splurged more cash on a 19 year old centre back this week.

Plus again - just taking the figures ignores key details, one was 19 and the other openly stated in his interview “it’s not about money I took a cut to come here!”

Perhaps that CB we wanted in a similar position at his club to Gallagher doesn't want to drop 10k* a week

*an estimate before the fact police slide into my DMs

But Brereton and Gallagher aren't earning peanuts, they are both being well paid. There have been a number of good defenders gone to other Championship clubs this season for reasonable fees or in some cases on frees. Either we aren't in for these players or they don't want to sign for us, either way it is a big worry and leaves us with a defence that is a liability. 

• Like 2

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

But Brereton and Gallagher aren't earning peanuts, they are both being well paid. There have been a number of good defenders gone to other Championship clubs this season for reasonable fees or in some cases on frees. Either we aren't in for these players or they don't want to sign for us, either way it is a big worry and leaves us with a defence that is a liability. 

I didn’t say peanuts but there’s a big difference between our top and the league top, it’s a competitive market.

I think too, transfers are done on a “tick box” approach - in my view Pontus Jansson would’ve been perfect, fee definitely, probably wage manageable (with a big promotion incentive).

However - maybe he wanted to live in London? Im not trying to invent excuses, I’m just trying to point out there’s more to it than simply writing a list.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

Henri Lansbury being linked? Travis to right back anyone? 

Henri Lansbury hasn’t been linked, all I’ve seen is one tweet from a clearly fake account. And Travis too right back? You’re taking the mick there aren’t you? We already play someone out of position at right back why do it again? What’s wrong with playing an actual right back at right back?! Especially not Travis who is one of our best centre midfielders. Is your name Tony Mowbray by any chance?

• Like 1

I didn’t say peanuts but there’s a big difference between our top and the league top, it’s a competitive market.

I think too, transfers are done on a “tick box” approach - in my view Pontus Jansson would’ve been perfect, fee definitely, probably wage manageable (with a big promotion incentive).

However - maybe he wanted to live in London? Im not trying to invent excuses, I’m just trying to point out there’s more to it than simply writing a list.

Excuses may well be valid about one potential target to be fair, but certainly not over a continued inability to improve the defence over a length of time, when weve spent 14m on strikers in that time. I suspect that if Mowbray doesnt bring in a left back and centre back before the deadline then hes essentially writing his own death warrant as we wont get anywhere near the top 6 that he and the team have repeatedly publically stated is the aim.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Rubbish it wasn’t his fault it was coyles fuck up look at how many points the team amassed under TM

Coyle had us 100% on the road to relegation and Mowbray could not save us.

Take away Mowbrays new manager bounce results, Villa throwing a match and Brentford being on holiday there were simply too many draws in other games.

• Like 1