BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Derby on verge of signing rooney. Theyve just sold their stadium to save themselves from breaching FFP and then they go and spend £10mil on a centre half and are on the verge of signing rooney. Game stinks, certain clubs it seems, can do what they like.

Just now, Butty said:

Henri Lansbury hasn’t been linked, all I’ve seen is one tweet from a clearly fake account. And Travis too right back? You’re taking the mick there aren’t you? We already play someone out of position at right back why do it again? What’s wrong with playing an actual right back at right back?! Especially not Travis who is one of our best centre midfielders. Is your name Tony Mowbray by any chance?

I saw a fake Facebook link, well done though, to Paul Caddis coming back. Had me going for a minute.

Just now, AAK said:

Derby on verge of signing rooney. Theyve just sold their stadium to save themselves from breaching FFP and then they go and spend £10mil on a centre half and are on the verge of signing rooney. Game stinks, certain clubs it seems, can do what they like.

Wouldn’t say “on the verge” all I’ve seen is that they are very interested in giving him a player-coach role at the club. Don’t think he’d take that role up until the end of the MLS season if it was too happen which is January I think? Still a valid point though, FFP is absolute bollocks and the EFL and FA are all crooks. 

Just now, Harry The Bass said:

I think too, transfers are done on a “tick box” approach - in my view Pontus Jansson would’ve been perfect, fee definitely, probably wage manageable (with a big promotion incentive).

However - maybe he wanted to live in London? Im not trying to invent excuses, I’m just trying to point out there’s more to it than simply writing a list.

You've picked out one player out of many defenders that have moved this summer and this time used location as an excuse. As I said earlier a number of players have moved to other Championship clubs this season for reasonable fees or in some cases on frees and they haven't all moved to London. Either we aren't in for these players or they don't want to sign for us, either way it is a big worry and leaves us with a defence that is a liability. 

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

You've picked out one player out of many defenders that have moved this summer and this time used location as an excuse. As I said earlier a number of players have moved to other Championship clubs this season for reasonable fees or in some cases on frees and they haven't all moved to London. Either we aren't in for these players or they don't want to sign for us, either way it is a big worry and leaves us with a defence that is a liability. 

Can’t argue with the last part. 

To pick another recent CB signing - as someone pointed out, Bielek went to Derby for nearly 10m from Arsenal.

This is a lad who’s never played for Poland’s first team and he’s most recent loans are League one Charlton and Walsall.

Its a daft market. I agree we should’ve done better but I think I accept a few of the reasons why we haven’t!

Edited by Harry The Bass

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Tom Lawrence double for Derby. Lots of Rovers fans were glad to see the back of him. 

Think that was mainly down to the sitter he missed against burnley. He was never really played properly under bowyer, didnt get a real run of games.

• Like 1

I'm almost certain we will get a defender in before the deadline but I'm not certain they'll be of the quality we need. 

This summer was supposed to be all about quality instead of quantity. Our defence is actually weaker than it was last season. I genuinely feel sorry for Tosin because realistically all our defensive hopes are pinned on him.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Harry The Bass said:

Can’t argue with the last part. 

To pick another recent CB signing - as someone pointed out, Bielek went to Derby for nearly 10m from Arsenal.

This is a lad who’s never played for Poland’s first team and he’s most recent loans are League one Charlton and Walsall.

Its a daft market. I agree we should’ve done better but I think I accept a few of the reasons why we haven’t!

Been plenty of players that have moved that would have improved us at CB. Pinnock, Lindsay, Jansson, Kalas, Bauer, Barbet, Elphick, Clarke, Flint and Morrison to name 10. Maybe some are unrealistic, not all 10. Bidwell at LB too. Still players out there if we have the money as Waggott and Mowbray would have us believe, Hector, McKenna, Cooper, Olsson, Clark, Max Lowe, Curtis Davies etc. No excuses.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, neophox said:

Available on free transfers:

Johan Larsson rb (29 years old)

Michel Vorm (gk) 35 years old

Younes Kaboul (centre back) 33 years old and Joel Lynch 31 year old centre back.

Has Lewis Holtby got a club yet?

Would these players improve our squad?

Glenn Whelan and Lee Cattermole are still free too

1 hour ago, Butty said:

Henri Lansbury hasn’t been linked, all I’ve seen is one tweet from a clearly fake account. And Travis too right back? You’re taking the mick there aren’t you? We already play someone out of position at right back why do it again? What’s wrong with playing an actual right back at right back?! Especially not Travis who is one of our best centre midfielders. Is your name Tony Mowbray by any chance?

Usually enjoy what you post. Travis natural position is RB..... Has been his whole career.

3 hours ago, Waggy76 said:

Another day passes by and nothing happening ...I am beginning to think Mowbray thought Raya was the problem , and the events of Saturday have surprised him ( I am serious )and he is left with no real answers and a ticking clock !!

The city boy was signed as a bit of back up , replacement for the departed Downing !

It is a ludicrous situation !!!!

Tosin hasn't been signed as a bit of backup or Downing's replacement.  If you have read what the lad himself and TM have said it's pretty clear he is going to be first choice.

With Tosin and Lenihan at the club and both expecting to play the majority of games I don't think we will sign a "first choice" centre back but we might go for someone who is happy to fight for a place, perhaps one of the foreign players who have been mentioned.   I would be delighted if we did but I think the hold up with the City loan might have been connected to assurances that Tosin would be played regularly in his preferred position. 

I do hope we sign a good left back though (as unless Hart has improved a lot we don't have one) and I do think there is some money available to be spent.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

Tom Lawrence double for Derby. Lots of Rovers fans were glad to see the back of him. 

1 hour ago, AAK said:

Think that was mainly down to the sitter he missed against burnley. He was never really played properly under bowyer, didnt get a real run of games.

He missed quite a few good chances if I remember correctly, he is talented but has always been inconsistent, maybe he's gonna push on this year.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Damien said:

I doubt we will sign anyone. I feel tony is happy with his team. 

Sadly! 

Then I need some of what TM is snorting, because I am definitely not happy with our backline. Ada could be Bobby Moore and Franz Beckenbauer rolled into one and he still won't be enough to rescue that wretched foursome.

• Like 1

Personally my gut feeling is we will get one more defender in, quite late, and not a 'that's definitely the guy we need' type. I think it'll be a bit of a panic buy no matter how the club dress it up. Doesn't mean it won't work out though. 

I feel like by the end of Wednesday we still won't have a signing, and that we're looking at deadline day. We'll also hear how we tried other deals for other positions (new signing will be presented as having always been top choice for his position) but 'couldn't get them over the line'.

Hope to be wrong on nearly all these counts.

3 hours ago, Hi Mack said:

I don't know if it has been mentioned but Cahill has signed for Palace. Surely Danns time there is up? Fee too big? Probably!! Wages to high? definitely!!

I fully expect a panic Rodwell signing next week.

We could do a lot worse, and probably will ?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, savage90 said:

Because a striker is an easier investment to justify, it's no coincidence big money hasn't been invested in solid championship defenders. It's not about success on the pitch for Venky's sadly, it's about the potential ROI.

For the manager it seems to be about "what CAN I get the green light on" not "what positions do we need the green light on".

Ironically I think our biggest ROI since Venkys arrived had been on selling defenders...