BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Honestly, I think it would be Kean all over albeit with a nicer man involved. I think the frustration would be the same. They wouldn't sack him even if we went down.  He would have to walk. 

Hopefully it doesn't come to that....

The main difference this time is the amount of control Mowbray has over the general situation.

The Scottish Turd was just a minion of others shytes.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I think there could be something more from a numbers viewpoint. Mowbray always goes on about "being fair to players". If another club doesn't want Mulgrew for example, he probably looks at it and thinks that he can't really have 5 Cbs and never play some players. Obviously this approach is bad and a total cop out 

The thing is we have a few players that I don't think there would be much interest in that we could really do with moving on.  

To be honest, who knows, our recruitment is unbalanced to put it very mildly. 

I think that’s true and is possibly really hampering us, especially in defense.  In LT article he mentions again about not pushing players out.  He’s just wrong here and it could be costing us and it’s not always in the players best interest.  Impossible to know for sure but Mulgrew I think is a big barrier to getting in another top of the championship Centre back 

24 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Mowbray hasn’t got a window right apart from patching up for league one when signing dack, antonsson and downing. And even then his big purchase whittingham was a flop.

he is league one manager at best and I’d love him to move on and let Johnson to come in and be braver. 

Unfortunately I can’t see it with the positioning he has has made for himself with his own team in there. Don’t know what it would take to get rid, we are going to be near the bottom for a period of time here with the start we have had and the fixtures 

I want him to move upstairs in Director of Football Role, and Johnson to be given the job Head Coach job.

• Like 1

Just now, OJRovers said:

Well the European Scout position is up on the Rovers jobs board; closing date 12th Aug, so get your CVs in.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/club/job-vacancies/

I take that as they've just let someone go. 

Either the current incumbent has got fed-up with Mowbray going for all of his ex players/payers from ex clubs, or it's a newly formed position. If it's the latter then it's very frustrating they're looking this late.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

Just now, Blueandwhitemike said:

I think that’s true and is possibly really hampering us, especially in defense.  In LT article he mentions again about not pushing players out.  He’s just wrong here and it could be costing us and it’s not always in the players best interest.  Impossible to know for sure but Mulgrew I think is a big barrier to getting in another top of the championship Centre back 

Ya, I think in Mowbrays head the plan was for Lenihan and Williams to be first choice, with Bauer, Mulgrew and Tosin as back ups. The Bauer deal falling through, Williams getting injured and Tosin signing late meant Mulgrew was back in. 

I reckon if we got an offer for Mulgrew , he would leave. Stripping him of the captaincy and not selling him could disrupt the camp a bit. It would be easier to do it if a new manager came in.

I do believe that Tony has money for a deadline day bargain. No doubt players could cost millions less than they did a month earlier. Then again I was 100% sure he would start Rothwell the weekend too.....

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Tosin given 24 as a squad number.

Number 5 remains free... (I’m really clutching at straws now)

I really think if we don't sign someone by tomorrow then we won't be signing anyone on deadline day, we're not organised enough to get deals done in short time frames. Massive day tomorrow that will decide the fate of our season, we really need some decent defensive signings.

Just now, Neal said:

I really think if we don't sign someone by tomorrow then we won't be signing anyone on deadline day, we're not organised enough to get deals done in short time frames. Massive day tomorrow that will decide the fate of our season, we really need some decent defensive signings.

Got the Brereton deal done in fairness...I wouldn't rule a deal out either day. I wouldn't rule one in either though 

Got the Brereton deal done in fairness...I wouldn't rule a deal out either day. I wouldn't rule one in either though 

Difference is that one was rumbling on a while before deadline day. Now it appears we're scratching around looking at last minute deals which i just don't see happening with how slow and unorganised we appear to be to get deals done. 

Ya, I think in Mowbrays head the plan was for Lenihan and Williams to be first choice

Just, WOW!  One can defend a bit but is technically woeful and just punts it and the other is one of the worst players I've seen down at Ewood for a lon long time....yeah yeah he had a couple of ok games in a couple of meaningless games end of last season, but if that City lad is on the bench instead of Del I'm done with this manager ......

4 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

What for?

Isn’t a director of football supposed too be someone who’s decent in the transfer market? Buys the players and then the head coach manages them? Don’t think Mowbray would fit that mould that’s for sure! 

• Like 1

• Backroom
2 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Not hearing anything interesting, all very weak links.

sigh, could be a long season

@Madon you got any info?

No, I don't get told anything anymore unfortunately (or very little) 

It was good to be the resident ITK for a short while!

• Like 1

Not on deadline day it didn't. We had a bid rejected on deadline day and got the deal one done over 2 weeks later when the loan window was still open.

Just now, Neal said:

Difference is that one was rumbling on a while before deadline day. Now it appears we're scratching around looking at last minute deals which i just don't see happening with how slow and unorganised we appear to be to get deals done. 

Was it though? I don't remember hearing his name til around 4pm on deadline day 

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Just, WOW!  One can defend a bit but is technically woeful and just punts it and the other is one of the worst players I've seen down at Ewood for a lon long time....yeah yeah he had a couple of ok games in a couple of meaningless games end of last season, but if that City lad is on the bench instead of Del I'm done with this manager ......

Well , in fairness, Lenihan and Willams looked far, far better than Lenihan and Mulgrew. I hope the city lad gets in beside Lenihan too. 

• Like 1

I think another issue that may arise is any possible free transfers we might look at could possibly command higher wage demands once the deadline has passed, agents will know clubs are desperate. 

Our priorities lie in defence of course; but I don’t buy this ‘not another midfielder’ lark either. For all the talk of how many midfielders we have, we have 2 CM’s that are anything above poor in Travis and Johnson. Evans can’t cut it, Smallwood is wank and Buckley looked like a competition winner on Saturday. Wouldn’t mind bringing another in.

But we didn't get it done. Fortunately for us we could carry it over into the loan window with a deal agreed for January so it made little difference. Don't think that option is there this time around. Its Thursday or January. No middle ground.

• Like 1