BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Sorry if someone has already posted it, but Sharpe reckons Smallwood is going nowhere as will fight for his place. Everything wrong with us right there. No room for sentiment - thank him for his service and ship him out.

If he won't accept it himself it's not much the club can do though, besides paying him off of course.

• Moderation Lead
Just now, 1864roverite said:

Can’t wait to see our new Euro scout having previously been a pundit and learned all their talented skills from BRfC.com?????

To be fair, conceding as many goals as we did last season isn’t a joke, so people are giving their opinion on who they think we should sign on an Internet forum. 

Whatever next?

• Like 7

Sorry if someone has already posted it, but Sharpe reckons Smallwood is going nowhere as will ‘fight for his place’. Everything wrong with us right there. No room for sentiment - thank him for his service and ship him out.

A raft of over generous contracts especially in the direction of Mulgrew will have a big say in it i think.  TM has backed himself right into a corner even if he drops these guys they won't leave.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead

Sorry if someone has already posted it, but Sharpe reckons Smallwood is going nowhere as will ‘fight for his place’. Everything wrong with us right there. No room for sentiment - thank him for his service and ship him out.

Best of luck to the lad, he’s inferior to every other central midfielder we have.

I hope they have cushions on the bench for him to get comfortable.

(That’s not to say I don’t respect the job he did for us in league one, I really do, but there’s no room for sentiment in football).

Just now, WIR Second Coming said:

But what if his ruptured Achilles and lack of fitness mean he isn't available for selection till March 2020?

Why march next year doesn’t take that long to build up match fitness maybe a month?

Apparently, TM turned up at his local Kwik Fit the other day as his tyres were going bald on the inner edge. The guy at Kwik Fit explained that his tracking was out and that without fixing it, this would keep happening. Mowbray acknowledged this and said that yes he really should get this sorted, however, asked if he kept coming back on a regular basis for tyres, would they give him a good discount. The manger at Kwik Fit obviously said that they would, so Tony got them to put a couple of Pirellis on and said that he wouldn't bother wasting any money on getting the tracking done.

Never one to try & sort out the route cause our Tony!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Should have been the first name sold.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

To be fair, conceding as many goals as we did last season isn’t a joke, so people are giving their opinion on who they think we should sign on an Internet forum. 

Whatever next?

It is said tongue in cheek KHod as can be seen by the laughing with tears emojis ??????

20 hours ago, Silas said:

You spotted this from Mexico right? 

Which begs the question why are there people in Lancashire that seem to he struggling to notice it? 

Puzzling. 

I don't know pal what i can tell you is that im Rovers since 2001 and i love this colors so much that i would never talk shet before to give my support...i know everybody has the right to  expressing their opinions what is not fair enough is so much negativity around our players and manager a first division team needs firat division supporters don't you think? Cheers from Mexico pal!!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

You’ve obviously got a few contacts close to the club - is that their opinion too?

They wouldn’t say something like that to me to be fair, would be unprofessional for a club that pays their wages. Think Tony  has a close inner circle and then “others” however. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers/Mowbray should be targeting a centre back and Left Back before the deadline. Bring in Michael Hector(centre back) and Greg Cunningham(left back and available from Cardiff) and we are looking at top 6 finish otherwise we arent. 

Wow I've read it all now, a top 6 finish haha. Bring in those 2 and we may have a chance of not finishing in the bottom 6.

• Like 2

Another (Groundhog) day goes by and not only no signings but not even any links/rumours/sniffs of any new blood coming in. Must be saving the money for a big push in the January window, good tactics.

(Rinse and repeat)

• Like 2

A few thoughts: 

1) hard to get excited about signings. Even if we do sign players, and they are good (no guarentee of either with TM's track record) they aren't certainties to play - or play in their main positions. Given we had a few solutions to Saturday's problems on the bench, and given players when played aren't always in position (Bereton, Reed) there's a lot more hurdles to cross than "just" getting them in. 

2) I'd keep Smallwood as a squad player. He can tackle and is always fit - 2 positives over Evans. Add in Evans wages and he's be the one to go for me. Johnston, Travis, Bennett and Smallwood are enough for the defensive mid positions. 

3) it might be me and the papers hyping it but virtually all other clubs have made solid foreign signings - how hard is it to get our network set up and something from it? 

• Like 2