BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, Tormund said:

I know, I’m just hoping something will get done. 

As an anti-loan man I've reached the stage where I'd be quite pleased with Cunningham on loan for the season. Expectations have plummeted to the stage where any competent defensive additions would be welcomed.

• Like 1

Just now, JHRover said:

I'm convinced that Mowbray sees our CB options as being Mulgrew, Lenihan, Williams, Nyambe and this City lad and thinks he has enough there. Ignoring of course that three of them aren't really CBs and three are injury prone.

I agree with Raya being the scapegoat !!!

Just now, JHRover said:

As an anti-loan man I've reached the stage where I'd be quite pleased with Cunningham on loan for the season. Expectations have plummeted to the stage where any competent defensive additions would be welcomed.

True, not keen on loans either unless it’s a permanent agreed at the end. 

11 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Move quickly and get the deal done? Not likely here. 

Why would Cardiff do us or anyone else a favour by loaning him out on the cheap?

If Warnock has anything to do with it we’ll get nothing from Cardiff!

15 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Really like the look of johann larsson on a free, fairly quick, can deliver crosses and hits the net, everything our rbs haven’t been since ohhhh .... Lucas Neil maybe. That gets Bennett out the team and nyambe as a plausible option centre defence- which he did look decent at African cup

Anything concrete behind or just opinion? 

For me Ashley Williams would be the ideal signing. 

Give him a 2 year deal, leader, been a top quality CB, especially last 5 years. Would be the perfect person to guide the youthful talent of Lenihan, Nyambe and co. 

• Like 4

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

Nope just opinion, going through the current free transfers. Don’t know why we haven’t snapped a few of these up, since signing from other clubs is being so problematic 

Our scouting network probably doesn't extend to many of them...

Just now, imy9 said:

For me Ashley Williams would be the ideal signing. 

Give him a 2 year deal, leader, been a top quality CB, especially last 5 years. Would be the perfect person to guide the youthful talent of Lenihan, Nyambe and co. 

He's 35 in a few weeks.  Rather not give him a 2-year deal.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Funnily though, we bet all 3 of them last season...

Yet all three finished well above us. We’ve always been able to beat footballing teams, but struggle against the likes of Wigan, Charlton, Reading, Rotherham etc..

So here’s a really interesting one.

Rovers advertising a new job role for Head Of Europeans Scouting. 

Explains that the club has Tier 1-4 target lists. Does the fact that this role hasn’t yet been filled mean that we’ve barely begun our European exploits, or does it mean we’ve decided to step things up?

BEE98C8E-4B62-41BE-BDAF-69A28B1B2BCF.thumb.jpeg.74ef783b5778989ab2a61ac6728f593c.jpeg 

88855A30-8A36-47C1-AD87-D97F7FCEAB8A.thumb.jpeg.955d3dee7e0d57c399c48f8874e19afe.jpeg

1 hour ago, DE. said:

Whilst I don't think Smallwood is a very good Championship player and not really even good enough as back up, I do agree that if he wants to stay then nobody can blame him. It was Mowbray who decided to extend his contract. 

He is on the contract of his life for the next 12 months and he knows it. Who can blame him.

31 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

£1 million ? (not joking).

That'll be the person they want to send out to run the rule over those they've complied from their lists surely  after the backroom boys have analysed?

So maybe they've got some lists together which would be a start !

Top of the requirements - must be a nice lad

- must like being played out of position

- must be cheap or free

- must like to be rotated

- must not be a defender

- must be prepared to be converted to one at some point

- must like Charlie Mulgrew

• Like 7

Just now, Tormund said:

Ashley Williams is finished, been awful the last few seasons.

Depends on your level I guess. 

At upper end PL yes I agree. But to help us get into the top 6... I'd say he was perfect, especially on a free. It was only 3 years ago he went for 12 million

he has done it all and more importantly is a superb leader. Something which we badly lack IMO. 

• Backroom
Just now, tomphil said:

That'll be the person they want to send out to run the rule over those they've complied from their lists surely  after the backroom boys have analysed?

So maybe they've got some lists together which would be a start !

Top of the requirements - must be a nice lad

- must like being played out of position

- must be cheap or free

- must like to be rotated

- must not be a defender

- must be prepared to be converted to one at some point

- must like Charlie Mulgrew

Also must be British, and ideally played for one of the manager's former clubs. Second part can sometimes be bypassed if the player fits the rest of the criteria. 

• Like 1