BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, tomphil said:

That'll be the person they want to send out to run the rule over those they've complied from their lists surely  after the backroom boys have analysed?

So maybe they've got some lists together which would be a start !

Top of the requirements - must be a nice lad

- must like being played out of position

- must be cheap or free

- must like to be rotated

- must not be a defender

- must be prepared to be converted to one at some point

- must like Charlie Mulgrew

Must not wear ripped jeans

Must not be called Joe Rothwell

Must not be called Ryan Nyambe

Must not stop crosses

Must learn from Evans and Smallwood on how to be a midfielder

Must like lemon-drizzle cake

Must be good at fist pumps

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 7

Just now, imy9 said:

Depends on your level I guess. 

At upper end PL yes I agree. But to help us get into the top 6... I'd say he was perfect, especially on a free. It was only 3 years ago he went for 12 million

he has done it all and more importantly is a superb leader. Something which we badly lack IMO. 

Skrtel another who would be exactly what we need if only for a season or two.

• Like 2

Just now, JoeHarvey said:

So here’s a really interesting one.

Rovers advertising a new job role for Head Of Europeans Scouting. 

Explains that the club has Tier 1-4 target lists. Does the fact that this role hasn’t yet been filled mean that we’ve barely begun our European exploits, or does it mean we’ve decided to step things up?

BEE98C8E-4B62-41BE-BDAF-69A28B1B2BCF.thumb.jpeg.74ef783b5778989ab2a61ac6728f593c.jpeg 

88855A30-8A36-47C1-AD87-D97F7FCEAB8A.thumb.jpeg.955d3dee7e0d57c399c48f8874e19afe.jpeg

If it takes as long to appoint him as it has our new u23 manager we'll be lucky if it takes effect by next summer.

A quick twitter search and QPR fans and other fans from his previous clubs were laughing at Sheffield United for even looking at him. Say he is always either injured or suspended over Christmas and that milk turns quicker.

2 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

He is on the contract of his life for the next 12 months and he knows it. Who can blame him.

£1 million ? (not joking).

Maybe £1m in total including wages. Not a long term sustainable strategy.

Just now, Swanson said:

Ok, don't know that much about him. Just that he is a free agent since leaving Q.P.R.

Certainly not what I am hoping for regarding a new CB.

I’d be quite happy with him, experienced tough nut, loves a header and can crack a good ball to boot. As somebody else stated he was in at sheff Utd for weeks with ravel Morrison but they didn’t pick him up, he wants a move back up north after a successful spell at Huddersfield. An improvement on Mulgrew for sure 

• Like 1

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

I’d be quite happy with him, experienced tough nut, loves a header and can crack a good ball to boot. As somebody else stated he was in at sheff Utd for weeks with ravel Morrison but they didn’t pick him up, he wants a move back up north after a successful spell at Huddersfield. An improvement on Mulgrew for sure 

So released from QPR but good enough for us?

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

So released from QPR but good enough for us?

Our back line? Yes. Granted he wasn’t the one I would’ve considered at the start of the summer but it’s got to the stage I’d be happy with anyone that isn’t 3 out of the 4 that started Saturday 

• Like 5

Our back line? Yes. Granted he wasn’t the one I would’ve considered at the start of the summer but it’s got to the stage I’d be happy with anyone that isn’t 3 out of the 4 that started Saturday 

I'll bow to your knowledge on that.  I know nowt about the lad.  Wiki puts him as bang on 6ft.  Not sure that makes him the aerialy dominant cb we need.

We conceded 69 goals last year. QPR conceded 71.

Is Lynch in for talks then?

Edited by roversfan99
  • Like 1