BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

• Backroom

Lynch clears the primary criteria of being free, British and over 30, so it might be a goer. Transfermarkt has left back down as another position he plays, which would also be a plus in Tony's book. 

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

He was only in for talks, he might have asked for ridiculous wages and it’s a non starter.

those pining their hopes on a high money centre back Thursday are going to be sorely disappointed 

I think we already know that lol.

Just now, Miller11 said:

Doesn’t fill me with excitement, but bang average is better than completely useless. 

Plus points: he's free - so meets the defence budget. 

He probably hasn't done a full pre- season so TM won't need to select him till November.

Negatives: Not played for Boro or Coventry.

Looks the type that might wear ripped Jeans and  a baseball cap.

Decisions, decisions...who'd be a manager?

• Like 6

Just now, DE. said:

Lynch clears the primary criteria of being free, British and over 30, so it might be a goer. Transfermarkt has left back down as another position he plays, which would also be a plus in Tony's book. 

Yup, need a LB and a CB - get a two for one deal. Is he any better than our LBs though? Hardly difficult, same could be said about being better than Mulgrew right now. 

I really hope we go for Cunningham from Cardiff for the left back spot. Miles better than anything we have, yes that isn’t much but it’s true... On Joel Lynch, f**k that. He’s an absolute donkey. 

Lynch and Cunningham would be good signings at this stage. 

Lynch is a no nonsense physical centre back, Cunningham looks a left back with the ability to defend(!!). By no means the greatest players in their position in the league but they would bring some key attributes of which we're currently missing. Both surely upgrades on what we have.

Cunningham rumour looks dubious at best though.

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

To be fair if we sign a couple of defenders it will be happy days !

Only if they are better than we already have. 

Cunningham definitely would be. Not convinced with Lynch but he does seem a no nonsense type at least. 

Just now, DE. said:

Plus Tone can take his time with this one given he doesn’t need to be in by Thursday’s deadline. Gives him another few weeks to go with his tried and tested.

14 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

He was only in for talks, he might have asked for ridiculous wages and it’s a non starter.

those pining their hopes on a high money centre back Thursday are going to be sorely disappointed 

cant see him asking for ridiculous wage considering he been out of work for 5/6 weeks

Just now, JHRover said:

Reading have been busy. Lucas Joao on a 4 year deal, a Brazilian international goalkeeper and a midfielder on loan from Monaco. 

Guess their new manager didn't need 3 years to set up some international scouting.

isn't Mendes there helping them bring players in? 

56 minutes ago, JoeHarvey said:

So here’s a really interesting one.

Rovers advertising a new job role for Head Of Europeans Scouting. 

Explains that the club has Tier 1-4 target lists. Does the fact that this role hasn’t yet been filled mean that we’ve barely begun our European exploits, or does it mean we’ve decided to step things up?

BEE98C8E-4B62-41BE-BDAF-69A28B1B2BCF.thumb.jpeg.74ef783b5778989ab2a61ac6728f593c.jpeg 

88855A30-8A36-47C1-AD87-D97F7FCEAB8A.thumb.jpeg.955d3dee7e0d57c399c48f8874e19afe.jpeg

interesting job that tbh. Rovers have had scouts overseas this season but think they hoping for someone with experience of that market will apply for that job

Just now, JHRover said:

Reading have been busy. Lucas Joao on a 4 year deal, a Brazilian international goalkeeper and a midfielder on loan from Monaco. 

Guess their new manager didn't need 3 years to set up some international scouting.

How much they end up getting Joao for??

Just now, JHRover said:

I don’t think you’d need international scouting to see Sheffield Wednesdays bench. 

Equally, I’m not sure how you feel, but I don’t think you’d find many Rovers fans too enamoured with him either, especially after his spell here.

If it’s anywhere near the 7m quoted leeds interest, I would’ve been annoyed had that been us.

Finally - three Portuguese speaking players, from clubs recently at Forest, Wednesday... not exactly known for their shopping outside of agencies involved in their ownership...

Reminds me of you being envious of Wigan earlier in the window.

• Like 1