BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, JHRover said:

More strange figures from Waggott. We're now up to more than 500k spent on the pitches whereas a few months ago it was 300k. 

He seems to think things like relaying pitches and making improvements to the training ground are unique to us and that we are ahead of the competition in doing it. Every club does it on an ongoing basis.

Starting to think Waggott just tells people what they want to hear. 

Lining up his excuses. What it really equates to is. We’ve spent all we’re spending, we’re too scared to ask for more as then questions will be asked of our performance and we might loose our secure job. Let’s tick along slowly on minimal expenditure and then expectations will be low and fingers crossed a miracle might happen and we might do better this season. Oh and don’t our pitches look great maybe fans /press/ won’t notice our lack of professional recruitment as our grounds look top of the range ? 

Edited by markhayhurst
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Me and Tony feel the pressure the more we ask for and the more we are given then the results have to be positive,” he added.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17820029.rovers-chief-demands-expectations-owners-venkys/

It appears that the Indians want results for the money they spend as Mowbray and Waggott feel the pressure. As we have spent the arse end of nowt then the bar has been set exceedingly low.

I wonder if the splurge on Brereton has woken them up.

A load of waffle from a guy I definitely wouldn't buy a second hand car from. Chancer.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Me and Tony feel the pressure the more we ask for and the more we are given then the results have to be positive,” he added.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17820029.rovers-chief-demands-expectations-owners-venkys/

It appears that the Indians want results for the money they spend as Mowbray and Waggott feel the pressure. As we have spent the arse end of nowt then the bar has been set exceedingly low.

I wonder if the splurge on Brereton has woken them up.

And we are still failing to achieve it.

Joel Lynch seems to be generally considered trash by QPR fans, so that's exciting. Seems like a signing of pure desperation if it happens and not much (if any) upgrade on what we have. 

Hope the Cunningham link is true but I'd be surprised, mainly cos he's a decent player and a defender... Those two factors don't seem to be a thing we look for in new signings.

It's a simple equation for me. We won't/can't bring anybody in until we shift a few out and as the fringe players are on money which belies their ability nobody will take them. There is generally an impasse then as players sit on their contracts.

Mowbray has really painted himself and the club into a corner this summer.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Absolutely no way. Magloire is head and shoulders above Larry’s lad. Another black mark against Mowbray.

It’s not something I would have done in terms of keeping Grayson around and loaning out Magloire, but a season in the lower leagues will do him wonders if he plays plenty of games. Fingers crossed we bring another centre half in before the deadline and if we do Magloire wouldn’t have had a look in anyway this season with Williams Adaraibayo and Lenihan all ahead of him, as well as the finished Mulgrew. 

• Like 1

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

That fan forum promises to be lively. TM best start practicing the BS now.

I imagine it will all be brushed under the carpet before that comes around.

Everyone in attendance will probably be told "any questions about defenders will not be answered" before it starts.

Just now, Butty said:

It’s not something I would have done in terms of keeping Grayson around and loaning out Magloire, but a season in the lower leagues will do him wonders if he plays plenty of games. Fingers crossed we bring another centre half in before the deadline and if we do Magloire wouldn’t have had a look in anyway this season with Williams Adaraibayo and Lenihan all ahead of him, as well as the finished Mulgrew. 

If we lose Lenihan now then we a goosed.

The only way this makes sense is if we have someone else lined up.

I remember thinking the same with Downing in January though.

If we sign any defenders now, they will be considered back up in the extreme.

Mowbray obviously thinks we have enough cover in all positions across the back 4 with Bennett, Lenihan, Mulgrew, Williams, Hart, Tosin Nyambe, Bell and at a push Downing.

In fact, he wouldn't even acknowledge the back 4 as a problem after the Charlton defeat.

It's a concern that we haven't replaced some of the above and it will cost us over the season.

Edited by davulsukur
  • Like 2

Just now, davulsukur said:

If we sign any defenders now, they will be considered back up in the extreme.

Mowbray obviously thinks we have enough cover in all positions across the back 4 with Bennett, Lenihan, Mulgrew, Williams, Hart, Tosin Nyambe, Bell and at a push Downing.

In fact, he wouldn't even acknowledge the back 4 as a problem after the Charlton defeat.

It's a concern that we haven't replaced some of the above and it will cost us over the season.

The first four there, plus Bell are the reason we conceded so many goals last season.

Hart I have never seen have a good game against Championship opposition. Big gamble.

Nyambe seems out of favour, he’s “Mowbray young” and presumably not part of The Group.

Downing, as someone else pointed out, has never played full back. Gamble.

Tosin is the next big thing but will Mowbray play him and will he be able to carry the defence on his own?

Our defensive woes are going to become the albatross around Mowbray’s neck - particularly as he will do nothing about it.

• Like 1

Just now, Stuart said:

The first four there, plus Bell are the reason we conceded so many goals last season.

Hart I have never seen have a good game against Championship opposition. Big gamble.

Nyambe seems out of favour, he’s “Mowbray young” and presumably not part of The Group.

Downing, as someone else pointed out, has never played full back. Gamble.

Tosin is the next big thing but will Mowbray play him and will he be able to carry the defence on his own?

Our defensive woes are going to become the albatross around Mowbray’s neck - particularly as he will do nothing about it.

Yep, it will be. Should have been the number 1 priority over the summer to get in a couple of full backs and centre back.

It took just 1 game to highlight that our defensive issues haven't been resolved in the slightest. 

When did we sign Bell? That back 4 against Charlton could have started a year and a half ago. Not good enough.

• Like 1

Just now, Harry The Bass said:

I think Tosin and Lenihan could be a real dominating force at the back personally.

Probably going to get slated here but I do not rate Lenihan at all. He is a poor defender as well - he's just not as bad as everyone else.

• Like 5

I think Tosin and Lenihan could be a real dominating force at the back personally.

I think we can forget any new CB's arriving. Lenihan, Tosin, Williams, Mulgrew plus the kids is plenty. We can argue the quality, but we arent going to bring more numbers into that position unless we ship someone out. The issue if we strike gold and tosin and Lenihan is a success is full backs. We badly need at least 1 starting full back, but really need 2

9 minutes ago, Vilesinner said:

Far from it. He's very skilled for a CB with a sweet left foot. I think he has a future at left back for us, along with Hart.

No , Grayson isnt good enough. The bar is just so low at the moment and mowbray takes responsibility for this . Relegation is a real threat with our defence 

Edited by Sparks Rover

Certainly the CB pairing we should be going with (assuming we don’t sign anyone else)

Nyambe should be 1st choice RB, last season around September/October he seemed to be really coming on — then is dropped for some months for some inexplicable reason. If that reason was due to mistakes made (Preston away?), then there’s absolutely no reason for Bennett to start any games until Christmas if that’s the rule we’re going by. I’m only echoing what many many others have said before, but the blind loyalty towards the more ‘experienced’ players, especially after the whole “defenders are coming”, is baffling when, as Mowbray has acknowledged, “they’ve shown they can’t do their jobs”. And this isn’t even taking into account the complete failure of this transfer window in bringing in the aforementioned defenders.

As for LB, that isn’t any better. I’d be tempted to give Hart a run there; Bell’s lack of urgency in all scenarios, especially stopping crosses into the box, is simply not good enough for a Championship defender. Again, it’s been said many times before but that’s because it’s an indisputable fact.

Edited by LewisF
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Sure sure, bang average shit, but not shit and bang average. Syntax is king.

You must be the chap I spoke to in the Riverside stand on Saturday, wearing the "I am silently correcting your grammar." tee-shirt.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Nyambe Lenihan (c) Tosin Cunningham

Looks solid to me. I think Lenihan thrives on being the leader/organiser 

I’d take that right now. I bet we don’t get Cunningham or anyone of that ilk though. Will be this QPR cast off if we’re lucky.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!