BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

27 minutes ago, Harry The Bass said:

I think Nyambe has stalled in the previous two seasons to some extent in key areas, namely failed to cut individual errors out of his game and not build on technical skills like crossing and overlapping. I agree, Bennett has similar percentage of mistakes per appearances but I think its not as simple as a choice because they both have pro’s/con’s for that position.

I think Nyambe is now seen more as a wide central option because he has the more defensive fundamentals and physical stuff.

I know none of this stacks up with the simple “plays his favourites” stuff, but I only go off what I see or have seen. For example, I agree on Bell - he’s always looked to be seconds off the play, even if he has decent technical ability. My priority after replacing Raya and bringing in Tosin, would also be a new FB. 

If they are both similar, surely you play the one who is most likely to develop, rather than one who is limited in that position.  I like Nyambe, he's pacey, competes well and is more skillful than people give him credit for.  Has a mistake in him and needs to work on his crossing but then so does Bennett.  

• Like 5

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

Me and Tony feel the pressure the more we ask for and the more we are given then the results have to be positive,” he added.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17820029.rovers-chief-demands-expectations-owners-venkys/

It appears that the Indians want results for the money they spend as Mowbray and Waggott feel the pressure. As we have spent the arse end of nowt then the bar has been set exceedingly low.

I wonder if the splurge on Brereton has woken them up.

A staggering article.

So our investment in ‘booths', 'smart screens', 'recreation room' and  a 'new viewing platform' is going to make all the difference and edge us towards those key ‘marginal gains’ on the pitch.

IMO, an article full of bullsh1t and why Waggott and Mowbray need to go.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Easier said than done Chaddy. They'll mostly be on better dosh than any potential suitor will be prepared to pay and It's very unlikely that they'll take a pay cut.

and what makes it worse are the new contracts dished out by Mowbray and Waggott!!!

Think Ewood and Brockhall are now nous free zones!!!

7 minutes ago, Vilesinner said:

Hart was loved by those at Southend. And played extremely well when I saw him. Same with Grayson. They are also were part of an under 23 set up that is playing at the top level; even to be playing European football. The future is very bright my friend. ?

Hart is nowhere near good enough. A decent run at a poor League One club doesn't change that.

I've lost count of the number of players who played for the u23s who have failed to progress at senior level. Lewis Hardcastle now at non League Barrow and Willem Tomlinson at 4th tier Mansfield.

8 minutes ago, Vilesinner said:

The future is very bright my friend. :-)

Are you a rovers fan or a burnley fan.?  Wallowing in the fact that our choice of defenders is either that L2 player or this L2 player.....Grayson is nearly 21 and has been average all his life, luckily for him he has that surname or he'd have been dropped years ago and maybe a more talented boy (probably given up football now) could get a sniff.......Hart is just lower league from what I've seen.

You are coming across as smug , but on what planet can you be smug about this situation?

• Like 1

You'd think we'd need to be very strongly linked with a defender today for something to happen tomorrow. Our recent pattern shows we are normally strongly linked with a player at least 24 hours before they sign, but I have yet to see us strongly linked with a defender from a reputable source so looking unlikely at this stage.

I'm absolutely flabbergasted that TM has not addressed the defensive situation at all. The signings we have made are good, but overall this window has been a huge failure due to not addressing our main weaknesses. I am a big fan of TM and believe he has done an incredible job, but sadly I think his job will be under huge pressure this season as we're likely to be confined to another lower mid table finish due to his failures in the transfer market.

In saying that, a LB and CB signing and we're back in the game. 

This number 5 position needs filling desperately at the very minimum, I can't see us getting anything done tomorrow it will need to be today. I don't see it being a permenant either, they will be testing clubs for loan deals who might he desperate to trim down. 

175 million bloody  hell  and where at a standstill  freighting really . You would think the Venkys would send us afew more rupees but im getting the feeling that they are getting  a lot of spin like us fans . Tony and his mate seem too think that 15 too 13 place finish in the Premier league 2 his a great achievement thats what the Venkys  must be getting  told. Spin and more spin it want take much before  we start hearing Tony out on the Blackburn end and it will be alls his own making . And before anybody  comes and says its Venkys  dept ,Bolton fans where say the same about there owners

Just now, Tugayisgod said:

I sometimes wonder too whether a lot of people on this forum are actual Rovers fans (you included). 

I"ve had enough of coming on here and reading negative crap all day long. That's me done on here

Yep, I'm a rovers fan who wants us to invest some coin in some proper defenders, and not kid ourselves that the U23s are coming through to push us to a higher level.   On the other hand, if you've no problem with relegation, then crack on........

• Like 1

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I wonder would Phil Jones come back on loan? I would say Tuanzebe is ahead of him now. That could be a great move for him...

I suppose United would prefer to sell or loan to a team who would actually pay his wages 

He will be sold to a mid table prem team. Everton are throwing money around like it’s confetti so maybe them. See they have bid £70m+ for Zaha after already spending a lot over the summer.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I wonder would Phil Jones come back on loan? I would say Tuanzebe is ahead of him now. That could be a great move for him...

I suppose United would prefer to sell or loan to a team who would actually pay his wages 

Not a snowball's chance in hell of Jones wanting to come here.

If United are prepared to let him out on loan, and that's one big IF, he'll have much better opportunities than us.

48 minutes ago, markhayhurst said:

So where are we next year if we remain with this squad and tick over

1) Goal keeper on loan returned. Sold our own young one. 

2) Defender on loan from MC returned 

3) CM year older and slower

4) DG year older 

5) BD year fatter and slower 

** youngsters coming of age??

im worried we’ll be in a far worse situation a year down line and in need of major squad overhaul.

Stuart Downing out of contract too this time next year, one year deal only.

Just now, OJRovers said:

Stuart Downing out of contract too this time next year, one year deal only.

Yeah, our team is really aging! Lol! Will have to get Zimmerframes for Ben B, Gallagher, Armstrong and Rothwell etc.

Aston Villa seem to have got over losing all their loan players as they enjoy life in the Premier league. 

10 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

I sometimes wonder too whether a lot of people on this forum are actual Rovers fans (you included). 

I"ve had enough of coming on here and reading negative crap all day long. That's me done on here

Well, I wonder about the motives of some, who try to paint a picture that all is well and that we are a normal club again. Some are Rovers fans, but I often have the feeling that others are plants.

To quote David Vincent, I have seen their spaceships.

Our transfers and squad management are a joke!

Edited by Leonard Venkhater
  • Like 4