BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

QPR mate has backtracked a bit on Lynch, saying he was a starter and would have been kept along with Freeman, Bidwell etc had it not been for FFP. Says he is very athletic, good in the air and will do something great followed by 3 mistakes. I think that's an improvement on what we have, so sign him up!

1 hour ago, Harry The Bass said:

I think Nyambe has stalled in the previous two seasons to some extent in key areas, namely failed to cut individual errors out of his game and not build on technical skills like crossing and overlapping. I agree, Bennett has similar percentage of mistakes per appearances but I think its not as simple as a choice because they both have pro’s/con’s for that position.

I think Nyambe is now seen more as a wide central option because he has the more defensive fundamentals and physical stuff.

I know none of this stacks up with the simple “plays his favourites” stuff, but I only go off what I see or have seen. For example, I agree on Bell - he’s always looked to be seconds off the play, even if he has decent technical ability. My priority after replacing Raya and bringing in Tosin, would also be a new FB. 

I think Nyam be still has a lot to learn but I think he's better than Bennett and I think TM didn't really help him much last season.  The more he plays the more experience he gets he will improve and I think dropping him, even not in the squad sometimes, has stalled him a bit more than the other way around.  I also think it's unfair on Bennett as although he has had a couple of good games at RB and some ok ones he's also had quite a few poor ones now and moving him around too much has a negative effect on not only fans perception of him but also his own confidence and comfort in his position.

I think Tosin and Lenihan could be a real dominating force at the back personally.

I really hope you are right with this and I think that whilst we are being pretty optimistic there is a good chance it will be true.  I think Pep obviously rates him and sees him as a potential City first team player, he's not seen as one of the Chelsea loan money makers but a genuine prospect.  He's had a year at this level to get used to it and now could push on and be as good for us as Tuanzebe was for Derby.

• Like 1

Just now, savage90 said:

QPR mate has backtracked a bit on Lynch, saying he was a starter and would have been kept along with Freeman, Bidwell etc had it not been for FFP. Says he is very athletic, good in the air and will do something great followed by 3 mistakes. I think that's an improvement on what we have, so sign him up!

He looks tough anyway. Which is a start  

Current available defenders on freebies (free agents transfer market website)

Danny Simpson RB

Dann SHWAAB CV

Jonas Ramalho CB

Martin Olsson LB

Nemanja Pejcinovic  CB

Ignazio Abate RB

Ashley Williams CB

Jesús Gámez  RB

Xabier Etxeita CB

Roman Neustädter  CB

Eli Dasa RB

Younès Kaboul  CB

Giulio Donati RB

Stephan Lichtsteiner RB

Martín Cáceres cB

Ondrej Mazuch CB

Johan Larsson RB

Adam Matthews RB

This is just a selection of players all with experience who are out there waiting for clubs to sign on freebies.

485605306512063026263919485431274448181779579479223688429016121241022691043952393835475752519104881662156775763139532664132893762246171820205809535626383345622524067781681833560987058014784124944658965119336692462543587547954140273879175600457093593427019127378

• Like 1

Just now, Leonard Venkhater said:

No slating from me.

I think he has acquired a reputation amongst Rovers fans that is way beyond his actual talent...

I don't think that is fair. Nobody makes him out to be a superstar from what I can see. His limitations are often discussed. He is our best defender though and Wilder at Sheffield united rates him, who I would say is a great judge of a player...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, markhayhurst said:

“Owners Venky’s remain committed to funding the Category One Academy, which requires funding of at least £3m a season to fulfil all the criteria.” LT

loads of these sort of comments being added into LT articles today etc don’t expect any money being spent tomorrow on defence additions the excuses are well and truly being lined up and PR excuse show being put into motion 

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17819755.rovers-draw-six-man-shortlist-under-23s-job/

Pretty sure Waggott stated at the last consultation meeting that they get subsidies/grants of £2 million towards this. So finding the million they need to put towards it is an absolute no brainier.

Just now, 1864roverite said:

Current available defenders on freebies (free agents transfer market website)

Danny Simpson RB

Dann SHWAAB CV

Jonas Ramalho CB

Martin Olsson LB

Nemanja Pejcinovic  CB

Ignazio Abate RB

Ashley Williams CB

Jesús Gámez  RB

Xabier Etxeita CB

Roman Neustädter  CB

Eli Dasa RB

Younès Kaboul  CB

Giulio Donati RB

Stephan Lichtsteiner RB

Martín Cáceres cB

Ondrej Mazuch CB

Johan Larsson RB

Adam Matthews RB

This is just a selection of players all with experience who are out there waiting for clubs to sign on freebies.

485605306512063026263919485431274448181779579479223688429016121241022691043952393835475752519104881662156775763139532664132893762246171820205809535626383345622524067781681833560987058014784124944658965119336692462543587547954140273879175600457093593427019127378

Really though, what is the point in posting that list? Every single player on it is outside our wage structure from what I can tell. Some comically outside our budget. 

• Like 2

Lenihan is our best defender by some way actually. If we ever got to a stage where he was our worst, we'd be looking in good shape. He is much better when he is the one marshaling the defence and not Mulgrew - I noticed against Charlton he has even started making his feelings known towards the captain a bit more. 

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 4

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Really though, what is the point in posting that list? Every single player on it is outside our wage structure from what I can tell. Some comically outside our budget. 

Each and every player is a free signing THEREFORE wages will not be a major issue IMO. If a player wants to play then they will sign as it is an opportunity for putting themselves in a shop window, playing and keeping fit. Short term contracts might just be a temptation especially the foreign players.

That is the point I am highlighting my friend.

• Like 1

Maybe, but if you aint got a job you have to compromise................

14 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I wonder would Phil Jones come back on loan? I would say Tuanzebe is ahead of him now. That could be a great move for him...

I suppose United would prefer to sell or loan to a team who would actually pay his wages 

Don’t be ridiculous!

• Like 6

Each and every player is a free signing THEREFORE wages will not be a major issue IMO. If a player wants to play then they will sign as it is an opportunity for putting themselves in a shop window, playing and keeping fit. Short term contracts might just be a temptation especially the foreign players.

That is the point I am highlighting my friend.

By short-term what do you mean? I don't see many players at this level signing for any duration  less than a year, very occasionally 6 months. 

Lichsteiner and Simpson were on at least £60,000 per week up to a month ago. Plenty of the others on not much less than that. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

1 hour ago, markhayhurst said:

So where are we next year if we remain with this squad and tick over

1) Goal keeper on loan returned. Sold our own young one. 

2) Defender on loan from MC returned 

3) CM year older and slower

4) DG year older 

5) BD year fatter and slower 

** youngsters coming of age??

im worried we’ll be in a far worse situation a year down line and in need of major squad overhaul.

Potentially losing our No 1 striker, No 1 keeper, and a good CB - if nothing else it will force Mowbray to rebuild the spine.

I do not think he is up to that task.

Out of contract at end of this season: Danny Graham, Downing, Leutwiler, Smallwood, Amari’i Bell, and Dominic Samuel 

I've a gut feeling that this may be DGs swansong season as a major force at Rovers so BB and Gallagher better really develop.

Leutwiler, Smallwood, Amari’i Bell, and Dominic Samuel could get a Taxi now.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 2

Really?  

1.  I don't think all of these players would be out of our budget, really take a look.

2.  Out of contract players will only get what someone will pay for them e.g. Martin Olsson may well have been on 40K a week in the PL but he's unlikely to get another PL team and won't be getting anywhere near that for his next contract especially considering he's coming back from a serious injury, and even if I'm wrong on that Johan Larsson just got released by Guingamp, I wasn't under the impression that teams that got relegated from Ligue 1 paid that much in wages.

By short-term what do you mean? I don't see many players at this level signing for any duration anything less than a year, occasionally 6 months. 

Lichsteiner and Simpson were on at least £60,000 per week up to a month ago. Plenty of the others on not much less than that. 

BDS you appear to be missing my point. These players are unattached and therefore have no wages incoming. The vast majority of them have already made their money from previous signings so in that case the massive pay days they previously sought are no longer an option for them, its about their love of football and whether they want to remain in the game. Some players are of an age where there is a possibility of getting a better move if they are seen to be able to perform and therefore get themselves a better contract or bigger club, some are clearly at the back end of their careers and might just want to end their playing days in the Championship whilst seeking opportunity to do coaching badges and it is well documented that at Ewood there are coaching courses conducted throughout the year.

By short term I mean a 12 month contract with maybe an opportunity for an additional year depending on performances.

For me, and if I was a player unattached it might just provide an attractive opportunity.

BDS you appear to be missing my point. These players are unattached and therefore have no wages incoming. The vast majority of them have already made their money from previous signings so in that case the massive pay days they previously sought are no longer an option for them, its about their love of football and whether they want to remain in the game. Some players are of an age where there is a possibility of getting a better move if they are seen to be able to perform and therefore get themselves a better contract or bigger club, some are clearly at the back end of their careers and might just want to end their playing days in the Championship whilst seeking opportunity to do coaching badges and it is well documented that at Ewood there are coaching courses conducted throughout the year.

By short term I mean a 12 month contract with maybe an opportunity for an additional year depending on performances.

For me, and if I was a player unattached it might just provide an attractive opportunity.

Very romantic view of the game and players motivations man :) 

I just think a lot of the names I recognize from that list will end up at clubs who pay more than us. Of course, I hope you are right and we could sign a good player under such terms. 

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

Out of contract at end of this season: 

Danny Graham,  Downing, Leutwiler, Smallwood, Amari’i Bell, and Dominic Samuel 

Wouldn't rush to keep any of them to honest. Though I may change my thoughts on DG but after his cameo against Charlton where he had more offsides than touches of the ball... not sure he'll be a starter by August 2020. Must be a decent wage between them 6 too.

Just now, Angry_Pirate said:

Wouldn't rush to keep any of them to honest. Though I may change my thoughts on DG but after his cameo against Charlton where he had more offsides than touches of the ball... not sure he'll be a starter by August 2020. Must be a decent wage between them 6 too.

IMO I might keep Leutwiler seeing we wouldn’t have another keeper ?