BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, JayDee said:

I know this has been covered already but it simply defies belief that the bumbling baffoon is repeating his tricks of January. Gets rid of downing leaving 3 injury prone centre backs. Low and behold injury strikes after the window closes so we bring in Magloire. Now we can't even bring him in when the inevitable happens. Is this gonad doing this deliberately. Time he fucked off?

Yeah from a defensive perspective Magloire was one of very few bright sparks last season, sending him packing is almost as if he's deliberately trying to piss us off now. FAST  losing patience. 

We said all summer judge Mowbray and Waggott when the window closes , well there's less than 24 hours to go and right now it stands as average to disappointing, I cannot believe we haven't brought in more defenders he was quite right when he had his "defenders are coming" rant the defence we have isn't good enough he knew it we knew everyone knew it , I was quite optimistic when we brought Gally in for £5m but in hindsight that looks an absolutely ridiculous signing when that money could and should have been spent on 2-3 defenders , in fact when you think of the players that were out of contract we could of got them for nowt!!!! 

• Like 9

Just now, AJW said:

We said all summer judge Mowbray and Waggott when the window closes , well there's less than 24 hours to go and right now it stands as average to disappointing, I cannot believe we haven't brought in more defenders he was quite right when he had his "defenders are coming" rant the defence we have isn't good enough he knew it we knew everyone knew it , I was quite optimistic when we brought Gally in for £5m but in hindsight that looks an absolutely ridiculous signing when that money could and should have been spent on 2-3 defenders , in fact when you think of the players that were out of contract we could of got them for nowt!!!! 

Biz advised me and everyone else to stay in our prams until the end of July.

Let me out this feckin pram !!!!!

• Like 9

Just now, DeeCee said:

Be interesting to read this message board at 5 o'clock on Saturday, mass suicides possibly?

Never mind Saturday, as soon as that prick Jim White announces that the window is shut tomorrow night and we’ve signed nobody I’ll be downing a bottle of bleach before bed.

• Like 4

Just now, OldEwoodBlue said:

Feels like a while now since I've seen Biz post....funny that.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Vilesinner said:

Perhaps to better understand things you could actually listen what the manager has said. Tony has stated that after his excellent preseason Hart is going to remain here; similarly JRC hopefully. 

Mulgrew at left back and Bell on the wing sounds awful. We have so many fine attacking players it's amazing you would even think Bell would a winger.

Surprised there is such negativity around our fine young players, when many criticize Tony for not playing them.

What the manager says in public and what Rovers representatives are saying behind the scenes are very different things.

I didn't suggest the switching of players around in the same team.

It's worth noting that people laughed at the prospect of having Martin Olsson at left-back and Marcus Olsson at RW/RM. It did work for a time.

We need some pace on the wing and Bell has that somewhat. If we lose a chunk of games testing players, it could be the difference between 15th place or relegation.

2 hours ago, Theaxe15 said:

Mulgrew would be even worse than Bell at LB. At least Bell can run, mind you that's his only strength.

CM pairing of Johnson and Travis is arguably the only positive thing to come from the first game, however what happens when one or both of those two can't play due to injury/suspension? Huge drop in quality from whoever comes in.

Agree on Nyambe, he isn't the complete right back people seem to be strangely suggesting he is. He basically cost us a couple of games at home last season due to his poor positional play. Though I'd still rather he played there than Bennett.

Tough tough season ahead. Can't see us improving on 15th place...

He has played LB for Scotland. Mulgrew is a disaster at CB, and if Mowbray is so obsessed that he has to play Mulgrew then I'd rather he did so at LB than CB.
I think that considering how teams who expect to be around us come the end of the season have improved relative to us not really. We would be lucky to finish 15th.

So on the penultimate day, we've been linked with...

Either we are keeping things very in house (good thing) or we genuinely aren't actively looking for defenders.

I'm going to take the lack of noise from Mowbray this week as a positive sign.  I'm also guessing he will have been seething with the defending Sat eve and can't speak about it  because he's on speed dial  to Boro/WBA/Coventry/Celtic, for a last min defender.

#DefendersAreComing

#GameOfTones

• Like 1

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

So on the penultimate day, we've been linked with...

Either we are keeping things very in house (good thing) or we genuinely aren't actively looking for defenders.

I'm going to take the lack of noise from Mowbray this week as a positive sign.  I'm also guessing he will have been seething with the defending Sat eve and can't speak about it  because he's on speed dial  to Boro/WBA/Coventry/Celtic, for a last min defender.

#DefendersAreComing

#GameOfTones

More likely Waggott told TM to keep his gob shut as a damage limitation exercise.

Meanwhile waiting for something, anything, to 'pop' up

• Moderation Lead
12 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Be interesting to read this message board at 5 o'clock on Saturday, mass suicides possibly?

Nah, but co-incidentally, I already had an hour of listening to The Smiths in a dark room on my own pencilled in for then....

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Wasn’t that after Downing, before Johnson, Walton, Tosin and Gallagher?

Personally not a big fan of suicide humour in relation to football anymore but each to their own.

Edit - Oh BTW old habits die hard because I forgot I wasn’t Biz anymore :) 

Edited by Harry The Bass
  • Like 2

• Backroom
Just now, callumrovers said:

Dont remember the last time we spent decent money on the last day of transfer window?

I was going to say Jordan Rhodes in 12-13 but he was actually signed a couple of days before the window closed. So, probably Scott Dann back in summer 2011?