BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

• Backroom

I'm already the most hated man on BRFCS after Assombalongagate. Here we go again!

Just passing on what I've been told, at this stage I'd be absolutely thrilled with Hanley back. 

• Like 5

Just now, Madon said:

I'm already the most hated man on BRFCS after Assombalongagate. Here we go again!

Just passing on what I've been told, at this stage I'd be absolutely thrilled with Hanley back. 

Never any hate from me, think it was clear there was discussions. 90% of potential transfers don’t work out. Always had you as genuine mate 

• Like 5

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

He is these days yes. Not for me long term but to tide us over until a new one in January and a new manager, yes ok 

He is big - check

Definitely ugly - check

Can head the ball - check

Three things that Mulgrew isnt. More concerned with his hair than anything else. 

• Like 2

Just now, Madon said:

Just heard Hanley is on. Different source than normal but I'd still say trustworthy. 

Can't say I have heard anything along those lines myself.

A couple of weeks ago I would have gagged at the prospect.

Right now I would be cheering if it displaced Mulgrew from the Starting XI.

• Like 1

It's the hope that kills you, but based on the last 20 minutes we could be looking at:

Gallagher

Murphy           Dack         Armstrong

Travis   Johnson

Bell   Hanley   Lenihan   Tosin

Walton

Just now, Madon said:

The last I heard, we couldn't agree on either wages or length of contract so I'd be amazed if it is on.

If however it is then one of the parties must have had a major climbdown. I heard that amongst other things he wanted a 3 year deal and we were only prepared to offer two so if he comes on loan or permanently for two years or less then presumably his options weren't as good as he expected. If he comes in on a 3 year deal presumably we'll have backed down.

Will believe it when I see it.

• Backroom

The only thing RE Hanley which makes me doubt he would come back is the fact that Mowbray openly admitted he was on a list but not his 'A' list and therefore he may feel unwanted. 

Just now, Trinidad Rover said:

It's the hope that kills you, but based on the last 20 minutes we could be looking at:

Gallagher

Murphy           Dack         Armstrong

Travis   Johnson

Bell   Hanley   Lenihan   Tosin

Walton

He wasn't signed to play right-back.

Tosin was told he would be playing CB.

Edited by RovingRover
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hasta said:

I can't stop humming "defenders are coming, defenders are coming" to the Coca Cola christimas advert song.

Careful, by this time tomorrow you might be singing the entire repertoire of Morrissey instead.

• Like 1

Walton

Tosin lenihan Hanley

Nyambe                                downing

Travis Johnson rothwell

Dack

Graham

Can't see lenihan being dropped and tosin has come to play so surely new cb will mean a change to the 3 at the back .

Edited by Rochdale_rover
  • Like 1

Just now, RovingRover said:

He wasn't signed to play right-back.

Tosin was told he would be playing CB.

There aren't many centre backs who are successful at fullback. I can remember Keith Curle being played there for England. He was quick for a centre half but he got turned inside out by a more nimble opponent.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

There aren't many centre backs who are successful at fullback. I can remember Keith Curle being played there for England. He was quick for a centre half but he got turned inside out by a more nimble opponent.

Wasnt Wes Brown, long before us of course, quite good at both? Just a question as trying to think of some myself.

Henning Berg for us too.

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 1

Just now, Madon said:

Was just about to say its Assombalonga all over again!!

Let's hope this one comes off.

11 minutes ago, Madon said:

Just heard Hanley is on. Different source than normal but I'd still say trustworthy. 

is this a Perm deal? or another loan? 

Also have you heard of Cunningham coming from Cardiff from Cardiff

Just now, Madon said:

No one should hate anyone. we are all Rovers fans

Just now, Madon said:

We should be all over that. Defenders have to be the priority now though. 

We defenders not wingers

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

The last I heard, we couldn't agree on either wages or length of contract so I'd be amazed if it is on.

If however it is then one of the parties must have had a major climbdown. I heard that amongst other things he wanted a 3 year deal and we were only prepared to offer two so if he comes on loan or permanently for two years or less then presumably his options weren't as good as he expected. If he comes in on a 3 year deal presumably we'll have backed down.

Will believe it when I see it.

is this Hanley you talking about?

Just now, Madon said:

The only thing RE Hanley which makes me doubt he would come back is the fact that Mowbray openly admitted he was on a list but not his 'A' list and therefore he may feel unwanted. 

He aint going play at Norwich so he has another decision to make