BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, Mercer said:

If it was your money, would you buy Dack for £12million?

I think Dack, just like Rhodes, will disappear with barely a trace should he leave Rovers.

Dack would be more at home in the PL than the Championship. He would get more time on the ball. For £12 million I would sign him. On his day he's absolutely class. 

I think people remember his off days more than all the goals and assists he's had in 2 years. 

Twice the player Rhodes ever was. 

• Like 3

Just now, Mercer said:

If it was your money, would you buy Dack for £12million?

The question wasn't directed at me but for me every day day of the week!.

Of course we don't know if there's a release clause in Dack's contract which ties our hands. If there isn't we shouldn't even be bothering to pick up the phone at that price.

The only thing that would worry me about this was Dack looked so demotivated on Saturday, he might have thought something was in the offing before the deadline.

• Like 1

Dack is Rovers' best asset. Unfortunately head seems turned. Last transfer day is a good time to sell. Won't watch them even on TV this season (Or any other with Waggott in charge). Sad when I want Dack out for defenders. Always liked the playmakers. He linked well with Rothwell at the back end of last season. Need defenders though. Pity the club are making excuses for billionaire owners and the chicken chokers haven't the gonads to accept their mistakes. Haven't been this peeved since they put the bad guys in charge nearly ten years ago. RIP

Edited by davefarnworth

Not adding to our defence is criminal.....selling Dack at this late stage is nothing short of suicidal. 

We are notoriously slow with transfers so if anything happens tomorrow I'm pretty sure the ball will already be rolling. Can't see us getting £12m in then having the capability to spend it wisely.

Chaddy I saw you mention Trent Sainsbury a few pages back. His name was one of the first that came to my mind when it comes to reasonably priced players based in europe (he's actually aussie). He's a solid pro and would be a great pairing with Lenihan. What stopped me mentioning him though was that I doubt he would leave PSV's starting 11 for us at this point in his career. Would be a great signing though no doubt. 

Given the current timeframes we now face I think if we can get Hanley over the line that would be a good outcome. Knows the clubs, would know a lot of the lads mainly Lenihan who he would be partnering up with so It wouldn't take him long to get up to speed. The big plus for me is that he is a defender who isn't afraid to stick his head in when needed and that's something we are lacking to a degree at the moment. He's also a vocal player so hopefully that improves with his acquisition. 

Madon - I don't post often but read this message board religiously everyday. Keep posting whatever info you get mate, right or wrong it's appreciated. It's obvious your head/heart's in the right place and you are not taking the piss when posting what you've heard.   

• Like 3

Just now, RovingRover said:

A couple of weeks ago we were theorising that we could/would sign Adriano or Carson.

A couple of weeks later Adriano is a Liverpool player and Carson is a Man City player. ?

Talk about back down to ground with a bump!

Tbf both retirement pays on the bench , whereas we would be a starter. Depends on ambition 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TBTF said:

Tbh Morten , yes . I ve simply  had enough . It’s not one bad window , it’s an accumulation of bullshit in avalanche proportions from chancers within the Club. 

We are being mugged off by some slimy fool who turned up minutes ago . Our Club means jack shit to that toe rag yet he pontificates like it’s in his blood. 

You want stretch target - well unlike that bullshitting clown , I’ve reached mine!!

Hard to disagree with any of that.

The last two summer transfer windows since Waggott arrived (and even the January one) have been an absolute shambles imo.

• Like 2

So very disappointing if we don’t make another signing tomorrow. At least one. 

See the Dangoura bloke from West Ham, right winger we were loosely linked with is heading to West Brom. Wonder if Oli Burke maybe available again. I know, I know we need defenders. 

Would like just a really solid tough left back.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17822756.magloire-move-may-rovers-deal-deadline-day/

Hope no one has their hopes up

1 hour ago, Miker said:

Won’t be surprised if we end up doing some deals like Brereton (loan to buy) after the window shuts. Looks increasingly unlikely any more business will be done before the deadline.

The deadline for transfers unless the player is out of contract is 5pm today for all Championship and PL clubs. League 1 or 2 clubs can still do loan deals

If we sold Dack, which I hope we don't, he probably still wouldn't play Rothwell. Probably come out and tell us he's had a sit down and a chat with Richie Smallwood and he believes he can fill that role.

I don't think he's anywhere near premiership class either but that would be their problem.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17822756.magloire-move-may-rovers-deal-deadline-day/

Hope no one has their hopes up

The deadline for transfers unless the player is out of contract is 5pm today for all Championship and PL clubs. League 1 or 2 clubs can still do loan deals

It’s absolutely scandalous if we limp out of a promising window at a critical time having spent zero (net) and with no significant defensive reinforcements.

I have made my point to the people I know. I genuinely believe that having lifted the fans and owners expectations, the management have their necks firmly on the block.They know that a bad first 10 games will see them out of a job. 

I feel sad for them. Hope Jonty doesn’t get dragged in to the pending carnage! 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Miker said:

Won’t be surprised if we end up doing some deals like Brereton (loan to buy) after the window shuts. Looks increasingly unlikely any more business will be done before the deadline.

We can’t after today. Our loan window closes today too 

I don't forsee carnage although possibly an indifferent start but it's all typical Mowbray stuff this, Tony holds his nerve, bean counters happy, certain agents happy, middleman happy, Rovers hold on to the 15th place come May.

Sales begin......

40 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

It’s absolutely scandalous if we limp out of a promising window at a critical time having spent zero (net) and with no significant defensive reinforcements.

I have made my point to the people I know. I genuinely believe that having lifted the fans and owners expectations, the management have their necks firmly on the block.They know that a bad first 10 games will see them out of a job. 

I feel sad for them. Hope Jonty doesn’t get dragged in to the pending carnage! 

How is it a zero net spend? Based on reported fees, we've brought in 3.75 and spent 5. This is ignoring loan fee for Tosin and Walton, plus likely signing on fees and agent fees on all incoming transfers. From a wage bill perspective I'd fully expect us to be paying more this year than last.

On an unrelated point, those who were bemoaning us not signing players early on only need look at spurs. Even well funded champions League finalists look to be doing major business on the final day.

• Backroom
Just now, alex l said:

On an unrelated point, those who were bemoaning us not signing players early on only need look at spurs. Even well funded champions League finalists look to be doing major business on the final day.

Yeah, but unlike us Spurs don't need an entirely new defence. 

• Like 7

Just now, alex l said:

How is it a zero net spend? Based on reported fees, we've brought in 3.75 and spent 5. This is ignoring loan fee for Tosin and Walton, plus likely signing on fees and agent fees on all incoming transfers. From a wage bill perspective I'd fully expect us to be paying more this year than last.

Well at least you didn't use Bolton as your example although to be fair all clubs march to the beat of their own tune and i think the last bit of your post kind of explains why there isn't a pressing need for them to spend.