BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, alex l said:

How is it a zero net spend? Based on reported fees, we've brought in 3.75 and spent 5. This is ignoring loan fee for Tosin and Walton, plus likely signing on fees and agent fees on all incoming transfers. From a wage bill perspective I'd fully expect us to be paying more this year than last.

On an unrelated point, those who were bemoaning us not signing players early on only need look at spurs. Even well funded champions League finalists look to be doing major business on the final day.

Depending on how the sales and purchases were made (instalments) we could easily have spent nothing extra so far. 

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Depending on how the sales and purchases were made (instalments) we could easily have spent nothing extra so far. 

By that arguement we could also have spent net £5m+ if we've yet to receive anything from sales. Regardless, it doesn't seem accurate to claim no net spend. 

Just now, tomphil said:

Well at least you didn't use Bolton as your example although to be fair all clubs march to the beat of their own tune and i think the last bit of your post kind of explains why there isn't a pressing need for them to spend.

The point is even clubs in the best position, for whatever reason, sometimes wait til deadline day. We're clearly not in that situation and to boot don't have loads of cash, so how was it realistic to expect all business to be done early? Yet the club management get lambasted for it. 

• Like 1

Just now, alex l said:

By that arguement we could also have spent net £5m+ if we've yet to receive anything from sales. Regardless, it doesn't seem accurate to claim no net spend. 

The point is even clubs in the best position, for whatever reason, sometimes wait til deadline day. We're clearly not in that situation and to boot don't have loads of cash, so how was it realistic to expect all business to be done early? Yet the club management get lambasted for it. 

Mate, you’re preaching to the converted here. But on the final day, with nowhere near the amount of defensive reinforcements through the door and the local newspaper, club CEO and manager desperately trying to dampen down expectations, you have to begin to worry.

I am the eternal optimist but in reality Mulgrew is DONE. Proven at the end of last season and evidenced on Saturday. Whilst Bennett is never a RB and his performance on Saturday was one of the worst I’ve ever seen from a professional footballer. If those two aren’t replaced then we will do well to achieve 15th position this season.

The manager knows it too. In unfathomable why it hasn’t been addressed. Hope they do something today..

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

It’s absolutely scandalous if we limp out of a promising window at a critical time having spent zero (net) and with no significant defensive reinforcements.

I have made my point to the people I know. I genuinely believe that having lifted the fans and owners expectations, the management have their necks firmly on the block.They know that a bad first 10 games will see them out of a job. 

I feel sad for them. Hope Jonty doesn’t get dragged in to the pending carnage! 

Correct it is scandalous if we dont bring in 2 players. Pathetic. How it even come to this? Questions need to be about the lack of defensive signings and why we spent 5 mil on a striker. I went into alot detail about the changes I would like to see

Johnson is a great coach. Need to keep hold of him at all cost. Next in line I think

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

It’s absolutely scandalous if we limp out of a promising window at a critical time having spent zero (net) and with no significant defensive reinforcements.

I have made my point to the people I know. I genuinely believe that having lifted the fans and owners expectations, the management have their necks firmly on the block.They know that a bad first 10 games will see them out of a job. 

I feel sad for them. Hope Jonty doesn’t get dragged in to the pending carnage! 

I really don't believe that Mowbray will lose his job if results in the first ten games leave us struggling. I think he has cleverly manoeuvred himself into a position of power with his relationship with Waggott and the Indians (in the same way Kean ingratiated himself on them). There will be a plethora of excuses made as to why we are struggling and Mowbray will be given more time.

It's probably Mowbrays last job at this level and I don't think he will relinquish it easily.

My big issue is that in most places we're in a worse position than before or are referring problems for 12 months. The keeper situation is one of them. Debatable whether the new chap is better - not convinced - but even if he does develop he'll be gone by the summer. 

Similarly Hanley on loan would be an improvement but in 12 months time we'd be in the same position of a terrible defence. A problem deferred not fixed. Factor in the probable losses of Downing, Graham, Mulgrew (albeit numbers only problem with him) and maybe Johnston along with the keeper and Hanley as well and we could have another summer needing big recruitment just to stand still. 

• Like 1

Just now, JacknOry said:

You know things are bad when you start liking Chaddy and Mani posts.

Ha ha, I was thinking the same when I noticed some of the posters who liked mine in the last few days. Usually they would be quoting me pulling me up. 

The board is united! 

So where are these Hanly reports coming from? 

My prediction, we won't get Hanley, but instead the guy from QPR. Talk will be how we "fought hard but just missed out on a Premier league centre half". I really hope it's Hanley though 

• Like 2

I never rated Hanley the first time but christ I will welcome him with open arms right now. Better than anything we have right now. However I don't believe we will sign anyone today and I'm going to switch off until this evening and go out for the day with the wife and kids. Even that's less stressful than a rovers transfer window. 

• Like 2

Just now, Blue blood said:

My big issue is that in most places we're in a worse position than before or are referring problems for 12 months. The keeper situation is one of them. Debatable whether the new chap is better - not convinced - but even if he does develop he'll be gone by the summer. 

Similarly Hanley on loan would be an improvement but in 12 months time we'd be in the same position of a terrible defence. A problem deferred not fixed. Factor in the probable losses of Downing, Graham, Mulgrew (albeit numbers only problem with him) and maybe Johnston along with the keeper and Hanley as well and we could have another summer needing big recruitment just to stand still. 

No way was Walton first choice. Id love to know what happened there as I simply cannot believe we would sell our keeper unless we were at least we're 90 percent certain we had a replacement lined up. Who was it? Why didnt he sign? We then tried for about a week hearing tons of other names and in the end had to loan another kid the same age as Raya anyway. Not a dig at Walton btw, might turn out to be good but he is not the experienced keeper we were told was coming.

• Like 3

Just now, ben_the_beast said:

Out: Dack

In: Hanley, Cunningham, Murphy 

Would you? 

All three incomings on loan only and it would be a no. Cunningham and Hanley perm and Murphy loan and it might be tempting.

massive risk letting Dack go and I would usually be dead against it but if it’s the only way we will strengthen the back line then it becomes more attractive.

• Like 1

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ha ha, I was thinking the same when I noticed some of the posters who liked mine in the last few days. Usually they would be quoting me pulling me up. 

The board is united! 

So where are these Hanly reports coming from? 

My prediction, we won't get Hanley, but instead the guy from QPR. Talk will be how we "fought hard but just missed out on a Premier league centre half". I really hope it's Hanley though 

Think Madon was the first to mention we were trying for him and now Neophox has said the same today.

• Like 1

Just now, ben_the_beast said:

Out: Dack

In: Hanley, Cunningham, Murphy 

Would you? 

No

Hanley very limited, has a mistake in him, and IMO very much in the envelope of players whose ability seems to be enhanced the more they don’t play.

had you even heard of Cunningham last week? And Danny was well past it when we signed him last time........leave him festering in punditry ( although purgatory would be preferable)

• Like 2