BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

• Backroom
Just now, Stuart said:

so his only real promotion has been Travis, who made himself undroppable last season.

And until Smallwood got suspended the plan was to loan him out, so that was more good fortune than good judgement. 

• Like 1

Just now, Mercer said:

Posted a few days ago, I think Mowbray is under more pressure now than he ever has been at Ewood.

I think he's got a points target for August and he's out if he doesn't hit it.

Got £50 on him to be first Championship manager to leave at 19/1.

So that’s Mowbray here until 2025 then.

• Like 5

Just now, Mercer said:

Posted a few days ago, I think Mowbray is under more pressure now than he ever has been at Ewood.

There's always a chance you'll get one right so I hope you enjoy the wine in a nice Indian summer in September.

41 minutes ago, Swanson said:

Murphy from Newcastle? He is heading to Sheff Wed for a medical according to Sky.

Now whatever about reviews of Tosin, the comments from both Newcastle and West Brom fans about are that he is shockingly poor. Surprising as I thought he was highly rated before going to Newcastle. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Now whatever about reviews of Tosin, the comments from both Newcastle and West Brom fans about are that he is shockingly poor. Surprising as I thought he was highly rated before going to Newcastle. 

He’ll be painted as the best winger since Giggs now we’ve “missed” out on him 

• Like 1

Just now, Mercer said:

New 5 year deal for Mowbray then ?

• Like 1

So Mowbray is giving a press conference this morning. We could know from that what is happening.

Just be the usual pre match press conference wont it? They always hold them on the Thursday before the game.

On transfer business he will just state "if something comes up, we'll look at it, if not we're fine with that too"

Don't expect anything groundbreaking from him.

Edited by MarkBRFC

So Mowbray is giving a press conference this morning. We could know from that what is happening.

Not sure I would believe him. 

"Defenders are coming" the real meaning being (take your pick/vote):

- things are fine but that will shut the fans up

- but that will mean upsetting the lads, can't leave Charlie and Benno out, so change of plan

- but Venkys won;t let me. 

Either way it means I don't really believe much he says these days whatsoever. Another one corrupted by the madhouse. 

• Like 1

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

Just be the usual pre match press conference wont it? They always hold them on the Thursday before the game.

On transfer business he will just state "if something comes up, we'll look at it, if not we're fine with that too"

Don't expect anything groundbreaking from him.

It is, but I don't think he can just deflect it like that without going into more detail. That said, the journalists need to ask the correct questions. 

From press conference today. Seems like we are trying at least.

Mowbray :

We will try to improve our squad if we can, we are hoping to add a few just to help 

- We have a few irons in the fire and let’s see if they come to fruition 

- It is hectic, hopefully there will be action this afternoon. We have training this morning, it is not too much disruption

• Backroom
Just now, briansol said:

From press conference today. Seems like we are trying at least.

Mowbray :

We will try to improve our squad if we can, we are hoping to add a few just to help 

- We have a few irons in the fire and let’s see if they come to fruition 

- It is hectic, hopefully there will be action this afternoon. We have training this morning, it is not too much disruption

Interesting as that is the total opposite of what Sharpe has been saying. Only a few hours ago he reported that there wasn't likely to be any business done today. So much for the LT being the club's spokespeople! Seems they're as much in the dark as anyone else.

• Like 1