BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

If and a big if, we sign Cunningham and Hanley, I think that would be just swell. Couldn't give a damn if they were loans. It would sort 2 key issues. Cunningham was very highly rated a few years ago. A move back to Lancashire could be good for him. 

Similar with Hanley, no doubt he's flunked since he left here and he's was never going to make a top rated centre back but there is a good championship defender in there he just needs to realise his own limitations and settle down somewhere.

• Like 1

Just now, DE. said:

Interesting as that is the total opposite of what Sharpe has been saying. Only a few hours ago he reported that there wasn't likely to be any business done today. So much for the LT being the club's spokespeople! Seems they're as much in the dark as anyone else.

Or TM is saying what we want to hear. Not saying you are wrong as communication from the club is very hot and miss but it's very much a possibility that TM is trying to placate fans. 

• Like 1

• Backroom
Just now, Blue blood said:

Or TM is saying what we want to hear. Not saying you are wrong as communication from the club is very hot and miss but it's very much a possibility that TM is trying to placate fans. 

True, but if the LT was following the club's lead you would expect their statements to be in harmony. Instead you've got Sharpe saying "nothing happening" and Mowbray saying "irons in the fire, trying to improve the team, potentially hectic afternoon". 

Either the LT is totally out of the loop or TM is lying. Either is possible. Actually both are possible. We'll know soon enough. 

Just now, briansol said:

From press conference today. Seems like we are trying at least.

Mowbray :

We will try to improve our squad if we can, we are hoping to add a few just to help 

- We have a few irons in the fire and let’s see if they come to fruition 

- It is hectic, hopefully there will be action this afternoon. We have training this morning, it is not too much disruption

Still peddling the "improving the squad" and bringing in players to "help" line though.

You'd think the inner circle that were here when Mowbray was appointed had won Premier League's and Champions Leagues so reluctant is he to replace them.

Not got us relegated from the League we're currently in then finished a lowly 15th.

Just now, Ricky said:

Interesting that TM has come out and said that. He’s clearly confident on something happening otherwise he would have played it down like he usually does.

You'd think so, but recently his mouth appears to be 5mph faster than his brain

I don't see what the point of that would be if we weren't actually going to sign someone by 5pm!  

We should know how this all works by now. Mowbray knows he is in for some almighty grief if nothing changes so we'll be scrabbling around for someone to come in and 'help' the existing players. Otherwise known as a short term loan on the cheap who can sit on the bench.

Mowbray will likely come out tomorrow or on Saturday and say we tried our best to add but just ran out of time and that we weren't looking for big signings but it would have been nice to get some 'help' in. 

As I've said before I can no longer take what Mowbray says seriously as what he says and what actually happens are usually very different.

• Like 1

Saw the Magloire loan flash up on the BBC and for a moment seeing Rovers, I thought we had signed someone.

Fingers, toes all crossed.

The logistics of getting anyone from outside the UK must now mean they will be domestic signings unless they have arrived by submarine...

Just now, briansol said:

From press conference today. Seems like we are trying at least.

Mowbray :

We will try to improve our squad if we can, we are hoping to add a few just to help 

- We have a few irons in the fire and let’s see if they come to fruition 

- It is hectic, hopefully there will be action this afternoon. We have training this morning, it is not too much disruption

Just to escalate the disappointment & unrest come 17:00 ?  

• Like 1

Just now, JacknOry said:

Really only makes sense to me if we get someone in. Magloire was the one we had to call on in desperation last time - now we don't even have him.

Yep, we're desperately short of centre halves, it's time for Magloire and Wharton to step up and stake their claim, and we send them both out on loan.

Barking doesn't even begin to describe it imo.

But he must know that if we don't sign anyone today then his comments have built up more frustration. 

Surely the club isnt this dense. I expect maybe one defender in today then. 

Just now, JHRover said:

We should know how this all works by now. Mowbray knows he is in for some almighty grief if nothing changes so we'll be scrabbling around for someone to come in and 'help' the existing players. Otherwise known as a short term loan on the cheap who can sit on the bench.

Mowbray will likely come out tomorrow or on Saturday and say we tried our best to add but just ran out of time and that we weren't looking for big signings but it would have been nice to get some 'help' in. 

As I've said before I can no longer take what Mowbray says seriously as what he says and what actually happens are usually very different.

Can probably throw in a heart rending sob story about being "close" to pulling off several deals as well.

Tomorrow however he will no doubt declare himself happy with what he's got and say that whilst it would have been nice to bring in extra bodies to "help" those already here, he's not that bothered about it.

Just now, CambridgeRover said:

But he must know that if we don't sign anyone today then his comments have built up more frustration. 

Not so sure about that, surely its better to hear that "we tried but just couldn't get anything done" compared to "we didn't even bother trying as we're happy with what we have"

• Like 1

Just now, Swanson said:

Probably not much in it, but a danish guy on Twitter claims that we are after Fredrik Rønnov on loan. He is a gk and is currently at Eintracht Frankfurt.

Would be happy with that, I think we still need another keeper, albeit not as much as we need another defender

I sort of half expect a face-saver, the sort that never or hardly ever gets game time. The sort that gives the impression of trying.

• Like 1

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I don't see what the point of that would be if we weren't actually going to sign someone by 5pm!  

Irons in the fire... but didn't work out. Too much wage demands etc. It looks like we're active . 

Maybe I'm just badly burned by the defenders are coming quote! 

Regarding frustration etc. TM is highly secure in his job, Venkys won't sack him, he appointed his own boss, and the owners are a very legitimate and convenient excuse for lack of transfers alongside FFP. I don't think TM has to worry too much on that score.