BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

• Backroom
Just now, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Exactly, he's the one as far as I can see who prioritised spending £5 million on another striker. If he's not left himself enough money to strengthen the defence than thats his fault and deserves criticism.

It's an infantile comment from the manager and imo shows how little he respects the supporters. "How dare you be mad at me for not delivering on a promise I made!" - desperate and ridiculous.

• Like 4

Just now, Tugay's Right Foot said:

TM:

"We have been working really hard all summer to try and identify positions, I feel sometimes there is people out there that have all the answers. They know all the players to sign and ‘why haven’t we strengthened here and why haven’t we done that?’ If it was as easy as that we would all do it. It is not as easy as that."

Pathetic from Mowbray, just plain Goddamn pathetic

• Like 3

• Backroom

Give the bloke a chance!

"I am conscious that we can’t have another season of conceding goals cheaply. There has to be improvement on that, and you can do that by changing the players or working with your players on the training ground, and for me it will be a combination of both."

No sign of Tony's coaching having improved any of our players in over two years, and certainly not the defence, so not sure why he thinks that would reassure anybody.

• Like 5

Sounds like Tosin still won't play against Fulham. 

TM: "We have to assess where Tosin is and Derrick Williams but he hasn’t done much training and Tosin has only been in the building a week "

Regarding improvement, TM says "Our team needs improving in lots of areas I would suggest and the players know that"

Dear God. 

What difference does it make if Tosin has only been in the building a week? It's not like he just stepped off a long haul flight an hour ago. If he's good enough, play him. If he isn't why did we bother signing him?

As regards the second para you could probably add the caveat  "but they also know I will look after them and therefore won't do anything about it".

• Like 6

TM:

"We have been working really hard all summer to try and identify positions, I feel sometimes there is people out there that have all the answers. They know all the players to sign and ‘why haven’t we strengthened here and why haven’t we done that?’ If it was as easy as that we would all do it. It is not as easy as that."

All people are asking for is a left back and a big ugly centre back who can head it. Not difficult when you've got £12m to waste on centre forwards who play on the wing.

• Like 6

TM on if no signings arrive:

"Okay, but the job is always to improve and get better. New signings take a bit of time to settle in"

Tony must be baffled by other clubs making transfers.

"Steve did you see Leeds brought in a player on deadline day."

"I know Tony, madness"

"Don't they know new signings take time to settle in and have to fight for the first team. No player in this world could displace Elliot Bennett from my team in less than a month"

Edited by CambridgeRover
  • Like 3

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Dear God. 

What difference does it make if Tosin has only been in the building a week? It's not like he just stepped off a long haul flight an hour ago. If he's good enough, play him. If he isn't why did we bother signing him?

As regards the second para you could probably add the caveat  "but they also know I will look after them and therefore won't do anything about it".

Wasn't he injured? 

It has been mentioned a few times on here, it's the hope that kills you! 

IronS... So possibly 2 players...heart says no new signings... 

we must be the only club, that makes signings and never play them from the start. There is always some excuse. Tony should just say he prefers his friends, or the Regular boys 

• Like 1