BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Some on Twitter saying we are trying to do a permanent deal for Cunningham. That would be huge. 

Simply, Bell hasn't shown he can step up to this level. Off the bench he may be ok. Cunningham could be one of the best signings we have made in years. 

Why do it to yourself? Read Mowbrays words not some random on Twitter.

Just now, Gamst said:

I bet he's telling Cunningham that he is not assured a starting spot as we speak...

Mowbray "Look no one is guaranteed a spot and Cunningham will have to try hard in the next few weeks and prove to me and the team he has what it takes. Players dont just come into the first team. He might have sit a while on the bench before he is given that chance"

Feel like I just channelled my inner Mowbray there

Edited by CambridgeRover
  • Like 1

• Moderation Lead
2 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

He’ll be painted as the best winger since Giggs now we’ve “missed” out on him 

Probably not, but he finished last season at a team that ended up in the top 6, so he’s obviously decent. 

We still need a centre half though!

Just now, CambridgeRover said:

Mowbray "Look no one is guaranteed a spot and Cunningham will have to try hard in the next few weeks and prove to me and the team he has what it takes. Players dont just come into the first team. He might have sit a while on the bench before he is given that chance"

Feel like I just channelled my inner Mowbray there

He can't say it in this context. Whatever about saying that to Bauer, he can't say that Cunningham will be behind bell and Hart.It's just not plausible. If he is signing him, it's to be first choice left-back. He cost Cardiff over £4 million  pounds last summer  

Just now, JacknOry said:

The point is - why is it always the young guys? He would never say anything like that about Mulgrew and the like.

He has though. When Lenihan was injured in League One, he was on several occasions complaining that we had to play our defensive line lower because Mulgrew and Ward "wasn't the most mobile players".

• Like 1

Cunningham and Hanley in, would certainly see us with an improved team on paper.

I do get the feeling though, that no matter who plays back there we will still concede a shed load of goals. That side on Saturday looked so unorganised it was scary. Hopefully better players in them positions will help that, I just have my doubts.

• Like 1

A left back is good but that leaves me with the fear that may leave Bennett unhindered at RB and Mulgrew getting a fair amount of game time. 

Not that I'm complaining too much on this Bell hasn't stepped it up. Tbh I feel TM was unfortunate with Bell, lb of the league 1 team of the year, great rep, on the cheap with a fair bit of potential. Sadly the potential or thinking ability hasn't developed anywhere near what expected. 

A permanent transfer for one of the defensive incomings is a must unless we want another problem summer next year. 

Just now, bboy said:

Tin hat on... 

I think Mowbray is right here. I'd be very surprised if Tyler took these comments personally. He will know at 20 going out on loan in league 1 is the right thing. 

Tin hat off

He should not be digging out the young lads when it is the older players who aren’t performing. Tyler did well on his debut.

He particularly should not be doing so publicly.

Mowbray is fostering a clique at the club and it isn’t healthy. He’s also making excuses for his own failure.

Edited by Stuart
  • Like 5

Just now, Stuart said:

He should not be digging out the young lads when it is the older players who aren’t performing. Tyler did well on his debut.

Mowbray is fostering a clique at the club and it isn’t healthy.

Indeed. I just wonder does Mowbray fear a mutiny if he benches Bennett and Mulgrew?

A player mutiny would see him out of the job quicker than poor results IMO 

• Like 1

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

Cunningham and Hanley in, would certainly see us with an improved team on paper.

I do get the feeling though, that no matter who plays back there we will still concede a shed load of goals. That side on Saturday looked so unorganised it was scary. Hopefully better players in them positions will help that, I just have my doubts.

That's been one of my beefs with Mowbray all along. We've only ever looked like a real TEAM on the odd occasion. All this high fiving bollocks and holiday photos on Twitter mean nothing when you've just gone a goal down.

• Like 5

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya, I thought league 1 clubs would be in for Smallwood and Samuel and possibly a bid for Evans

Are they really that bad??

Smallwood & Samuel I could see leaving on loan to league one before the end of the month. Nobody is paying cash for them today though, why would they?

And as for Evans, we'll be stuck with him until the end of time.

• Like 1

Just now, Gamst said:

I bet he's telling Cunningham that he is not assured a starting spot as we speak...

"See the thing is, we've got this lad, Amari, he's fecking useless at defending, he can't cross the ball, but boy has he got an engine, so you may not go straight into the side, despite the fact you were one of the best full backs in the league at Preston"

• Like 1

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I'm amazed that none of the players that are obviously surplus to requirements aren't being linked with other clubs.

Why would they be, their all crap.

• Like 1

Greg Cunningham is a signing that makes perfect sense, is a vast improvement on what we have, and would sure up that left side of defence. I don’t expect us to sign him at all ?

• Backroom
Just now, bboy said:

Tin hat on... 

I think Mowbray is right here. I'd be very surprised if Tyler took these comments personally. He will know at 20 going out on loan in league 1 is the right thing. 

Tin hat off

It would have been fine to say just to say that he needs game time and the loan is good for his development but to say ‘we aren’t going to win with him in the team’ is just unwarranted 

• Like 3