BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, Paul Mellelieu said:

I try to take a balanced view.  Mowbray has made mistakes, as all managers do, and will make more I'm sure.  But suggesting that we doesn't give young players a chance, when I believe we had one of the youngest teams last season beggars belief.

I didn't imply they didn't get a chance. It's the way Mowbray has publicly called them out and generally treated them.

Just now, ben_the_beast said:

Cunningham would be straight in after a week as Bell isn't one of the boys or in Mowbrays inner circle. 

He’d need to get to know the group first.

The table-tennis-athon isn’t until the end of September so it’d be a few weeks yet.

Just now, JamieUK said:

Am I imagining weeks ago reading that Celtic could be an option for Bell? Tierney > Arsenal, Cunningham > Rovers, Bell > Celtic? Fing hope so...!

I would say you imagined that. Arsenal got Tierney cheap at £25 million and even though I am not convinced by Lennon, that would be an especially atrocious signing for them. 

• Like 1

• Backroom
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I would say you imagined that. Arsenal got Tierney cheap at £25 million and even though I am not convinced by Lennon, that would be an especially atrocious signing for them. 

Bell would probably get by in the SPL, but can you imagine him in the Champions League? I actually want this transfer to happen just so I can see this. 

Edited by DE.
  • Like 2

Just now, DE. said:

Bell would probably get by in the SPL, but can you imagine him in the Champions League? I actually want this transfer to happen just so I can see this happen. 

Ya, true, especially with a team attacking 85% or more of the time. It would take the pressure off the weakest part of his game, defending. 

Imagine him going from that to marking Messi in a Champions league game. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

If he manages to get Cunningham and Hanley in it won't bother me when he did the business 

I agree to an extent. It's panic buying if he does get them in but I'll take that as it means he will have realised where the issues are. Finally. However my initial point still stands, it ain't happening. 

Just now, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

I agree to an extent. It's panic buying if he does get them in but I'll take that as it means he will have realised where the issues are. Finally. However my initial point still stands, it ain't happening. 

Panic buying or holding out for the right targets? Can be spun either way. Especially as we were linked with Hanley earlier in the window. 

I hope you are wrong! 

• Like 1

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

The Last win that Tyler Magloire played in for Rovers was on 12th March. The last win that Charlie Mulgrew played in for Rovers was 1st January.

The last time Tyler Magloire played and we kept a clean sheet was 12th March. The last time Charlie Mulgrew played and we kept a clean sheet was 6th October.

Never mind beating the top teams we aren't beating any teams with Mulgrew in the team.

Frightening stat but backs up everything us mere supporters can see.

• Like 3

Just now, garnersfags said:

Anyone questioning the Hanley signing surprises me.

He emerged from Phil Jones's shadow and became a really solid Championship central defender. Lenihan will be a good defender but he currently needs a solid defender alongside him. 

Charlie will then genuinely be used as a replacement quarter back or goal kicker to be brought on to score vital goals in the 2nd half of games.

Trust me, Hanley will cut out 30% of the goals we shipped last season. 

Just wish we were really getting him.... 

Hanley would be a brilliant signing. A £6 million pound centre half at the prime age, ex club captain, Championship winner last season. Yes please. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

The Last win that Tyler Magloire played in for Rovers was on 12th March. The last win that Charlie Mulgrew played in for Rovers was 1st January.

The last time Tyler Magloire played and we kept a clean sheet was 12th March. The last time Charlie Mulgrew played and we kept a clean sheet was 6th October.

Never mind beating the top teams we aren't beating any teams with Mulgrew in the team.

Bloody hell... knew it was bad, but they’re some shocking stats!

• Like 1

That's crazy 

Just now, geedog13 said:

So I'm i right in thinking leniham and Cunningham will have worked together for ROI 

No, probably not. I think Lenihan was only called in after Cunningham moved to Cardiff and he hasn't been in the squad since moving there 

Two good solid country lads though.  I would say they have similarities in their aggression 

• Like 1