BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, Neal said:

Is it me or does anyone else not want anymore attacking players? Only going to shove Rothwell further down the pecking order. 

yeh anymore midfielders or strikers and i think ill lose my mind. Like i said above, we just cant play them all, yet some fans think we should play them all at the same time, and move the likes of Bennett etc into positions where they should not be in. 

Just now, pick32 said:

Preston fans do seem to think Sinclair has turned them down for us

They seem to think the reason why is because his wife, Helen Flanagan, would prefer to move to Blackburn. Very bizarre considering she’s from Bury, though she did go to Westholme

Just now, Neal said:

Is it me or does anyone else not want anymore attacking players? Only going to shove Rothwell further down the pecking order. 

Agree, unless they are of real quality.

Defenders an absolute priority though, and I’d rather have a solid centre half than a fantastic attacker at this moment.

Just now, Norbert Rassragr said:

I hope not. Never fulfilled his potential and was happy to shaft us before.

i wasnt really hoping for that lol.. was just throwing random names in lol 

Like I said the other day, we spent decent money (I heard £1m fee, plus wages) on Adarabioyo.

So (positively) I eventually do see him starting ahead of Mulgrew at CB, however (negatively) I can't see us signing another CB of real quality (Hanley) as Tosin will not rot on the bench all season.

Currently our best case scenario is:

Nyambe - Tosin - Lenihan - Cunninghan

Lenihan will have to move to LCB which I don't think he has played yet so that's a risk, whereas Hanley was naturally the LCB.

• Like 2

Just now, Miller11 said:

Agree, unless they are of real quality.

Defenders an absolute priority though, and I’d rather have a solid centre half than a fantastic attacker at this moment.

Even if they are decent, I don't think the manager has the personality to keep them all happy and will just poison the squad. 

• Like 1

Just now, Norbert Rassragr said:

I hope not. Never fulfilled his potential and was happy to shaft us before.

Be fair, we had the bald pillock in charge of us then. I'd have left rather than play for him  

• Like 1

Just now, Lee0r said:

Unless it’s Carlos Villanueva I’m not interested. 

2008 the worst transfer window in memory.

Sold Bentley, Ince decided that Emerton was going to be good enough on the right wing, despite being our preferred RB and way past his best.

Remember thinking 'we must surely be signing a winger' right up to the 10PM deadline.

• Like 1

Cunningham was the loan I was told this morning was 50/50 so to get that over the line would be great. Anything else has been names thrown in late this morning, I know there was talks with Sinclair before the rangers game as I reported but was told it was dead. I imagine a new deal has been put to us if it is the case we are now looking to pursue. Need to get them done ASAP tho as time is ticking now 

• Like 1

How's this for self-discipline?

Not looked at any transfer threads since this morning. 

Enjoyed a salad nicoise accompanied by a beautiful buttery 2014 Bordeaux Sancerre (picking up on a Mercer theme albeit different grape). So appropriately mild feelings for this afternoon's warm bodies or empty coffin Brig-style closure of the window.

Seems we are currently in the realms of exhumations...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I'm amazed that none of the players that are obviously surplus to requirements aren't being linked with other clubs.

Because they will only go down the leagues as nobody thinks they’re up to it at Championship level . League one and two window stays open so that’s where they’ll be going!!

Just now, philipl said:

How's this for self-discipline?

Not looked at any transfer threads since this morning. 

Enjoyed a salad nicoise accompanied by a beautiful buttery 2014 Bordeaux Sancerre (picking up on a Mercer theme albeit different grape). So appropriately mild feelings for this afternoon's warm bodies or empty coffin Brig-style closure of the window.

Seems we are currently in the realms of exhumations...

Talking about exhumations, this afternoon I've watched Hiawatha (1952), Gunsmoke (Audie Murphy 1953) and now halfway through Last of the Comanches (1953) from my 2 TB Western collection but still be on here too much.

• Like 3

Just now, Neal said:

I don't see a centre half coming to be honest. Tosin, Mulgrew, Williams and Lennihan will be his 4 centre halves. 

Pity, 2 of those are useless at CB, the other one is a new signing. Williams is a LB, and Lennihan was a midfielder and moved to CB. What season did we do much of the same, by playing players out of position? Was it under Ince or Kean

Edited by Iceman

Just now, Iceman said:

Pity, 2 of those are useless at CB, the other one is a new signing

I actually don't mind Williams at CB to be honest, I think he's been better than Lennihan at times when given the chance there. Not that I wouldn't like to see better. 

• Like 2