BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

• Backroom
Just now, Paul Mellelieu said:

Sharpe says deal, "not certain."

Rich Sharpe literally just copies what's on here or what a national journo says. Has he ever broke news?

• Like 3

Just now, booth said:

But we can afford silly deals like BB.

This is where the difference is between running a club for the sole reason intended for the team to be successful and running it as some kind of tax navigating investment vehicle comes in. There are deals out there who would help fire you to promotion but they'll cost a bit in the short term and obviously need a wise man recruiting and setting out the team to fight kick and scream their way up.

Everything needs building on a good defence and keeper though.

• Like 4

Just now, yellowsubmarine said:

I think technically he was released in June as his contract expired and the club still hasn't confirmed that he signed anything else. All we had was that he was talking to the club about a short term deal and then Sharpe announcing that he was still recuperating from injury at Brockhall.

I've tried a couple of times to get Sharpe to confirm his contract situation and find out why the club hasn't announced it. Our website, whilst still featuring most players in last season's kit, makes no reference to Gladwin at all on the squad, which it should do if he's under contract.

Very odd behaviour.

• Like 1

Just now, briansol said:

Very interesting interview with Mowbray where he answers about defenders and Magloire not being ready. 

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/transfer-news/tony-mowbrays-message-supporters-everything-16720353.amp?__twitter_impression=true

He sounds like he’s on the verge of losing it completely with some of that.

We have been in football a long, long time. We see the deficiencies and where we need to strengthen. It is not as easy as getting somebody who is better than someone who is in our team who some people might want to move out of the team and someone else come in.

How much do they cost? Where are the free transfers that are better than the players we have in our team and how much wages do they cost. Everybody has a name and says 'why don't you and get him?' Well if I phoned up about him and they are saying he is £20million and we can't afford him so we have to move onto the next one. And if we phone up about him and they say he is £10million well we can't afford him. Why don't we swap Tyler Magloire for the centre half at Rochdale, whoever he is, and stick him in our team and see how we get on?

"You have to find players who you feel are better at doing the job. And I know people might say 'I could be better than him' I can feel it, I don't read social media or the newspapers but I can feel by the angles of the questions then you have probably been reading that. And if people have been asking those questions well it isn't that easy.

"It is tough to find people who are better than the ones you have got for the money that is in your budget to improve your football team. We can all just sign players but is anybody any better? Are they going to improve? That is the job and that is how hard it is.

"Let's see how we go and trust the players and try and make them better and improve them. They are good lads, they want to work hard, they want to improve and they want to get better, they want a winning team and so do I.”

12 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Charlie Austin from Soton to West Brom for £4m.

What a great signing, the sort that gets you promotion.

Much rather we had signed him than Gallagher

knees of glass though.......

bench warmer for the treatment room.