BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Reed had energy in abundance, but I am very happy with Johnson and the likes of JRC coming through. We didn't need Reed. 

Fair play to Tony for moving Charlie on, he could get a drug dealing job at the Amsterdam Red Light district with a selling ability like that.

Lenihan, Tosin, Williams and Nyambe are our 4 CBs by the sound of things. With Nyambe/JRC at RB and Cunningham/Hart at left back. 

Doesn't look too bad to me.

• Backroom

Cunningham is a great signing assuming he arrives, but letting Mulgrew go is a pretty big risk. I guess we're looking at Lenihan, Tosin, Nyambe and Williams as our 4 CB options. Better pray they all stay fit or we're thin on the ground to say the least. Nyambe - Lenihan - Tosin - Cunningham is an adequete defence and certainly better than Bennett - Lenihan - Mulgrew - Bell, at least, but I'm still not convinced Bennett is going to be dropped. 

I’m sooooo happy they’ve got rid of Mulgrew. Been a cracking player but embarrassing now. Starting to feel sorry for him tbh.

Plus, if he’s gone, he can’t be picked and this blows up the idea that Tony won’t get rid of his ‘boys’!

• Like 2

Just now, Paul Mani said:

I’m sooooo happy they’ve got rid of Mulgrew. Been a cracking player but embarrassing now. Starting to feel sorry for him tbh.

Plus, if he’s gone, he can’t be picked and this blows up the idea that Tony won’t get rid of his ‘boys’!

Not his 'boys' that are the problem, it's Tony himself.

• Like 2

• Backroom
Just now, Paul Mani said:

I don't think anyone would have predicted Mulgrew leaving tbf. Bell's performance on Saturday must have really terrified Tony if he felt he had no choice but to push Mulgrew out to get Cunningham in - if that is what has happened. 

Just now, patrickvalery said:

Blimey. I feel a bit sick if this Reed thing is true. Almost feels like losing a girlfriend and it being mandatory to watch her having great fun shagging her new fella twice a week! I have been utterly convinced all window he was going to be a last minute addition. 

Pure Shakespeare. The metaphor doth do you proud my liege. 

• Like 2

Just now, DE. said:

Cunningham is a great signing assuming he arrives, but letting Mulgrew go is a pretty big risk. I guess we're looking at Lenihan, Tosin, Nyambe and Williams as our 4 CB options. Better pray they all stay fit or we're thin on the ground to say the least. Nyambe - Lenihan - Tosin - Cunningham is an adequete defence and certainly better than Bennett - Lenihan - Mulgrew - Bell, at least, but I'm still not convinced Bennett is going to be dropped. 

Isn't Cunningham a left back? To take Bell's place? Or am I mistaken? 

On Mulgrew, he's that much a liability that losing him reduces the risk of him being played. At least he can mistakes on another clubs time. 

Edited by Neal

18 minutes ago, Hasta said:

First choice yes. Anything else them nope. For the problem we have (aerial presence), Williams, Lenihan and Mulgrew are as bad as each other. The city lad doesnt sound like the centre back we need (although we havent seen him tbf). Therefore we need a first choice centre back who is commanding in the air - just as we have for 24 months.

Lenihan as bad as Mulgrew? Really? I’d love a first choice centre half but if it ain’t happening then getting Mulgrew off the books is a cracking move

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, neophox said:

Why start your season with Mulgrew as captain and then send him away, does not make sense. TM must have thought he was really bad on saturday..

Very good point. Just shows the utter chaos that is our transfer policy. 

You don't start him as captain if you're moving him on.

Relegation battle ahead. Looking for 3 clubs worse than us now. Struggling.

• Like 2

Just now, Vilesinner said:

Reed had energy in abundance, but I am very happy with Johnson and the likes of JRC coming through. We didn't need Reed. 

Fair play to Tony for moving Charlie on, he could get a drug dealing job at the Amsterdam Red Light district with a selling ability like that.

Lenihan, Tosin, Williams and Nyambe are our 4 CBs by the sound of things. With Nyambe/JRC at RB and Cunningham/Hart at left back. 

Doesn't look too bad to me.

That may be a wind up, but I really think we have forgotten those numerous white flag, where's the defence gone, heads down debacles from January (and before) onwards.

That was with these defenders, plus a young lad who had never played at CB. 

How is that stronger defensively? 

Hands up if you think the squad is stronger defensively than at the end of last season?

Awaits stampede.....  

• Backroom
Just now, Neal said:

I misread your post so it looked like you were saying Bennett is better than Cunningham... Apologies! 

hah, definitely not. With Mulgrew gone Bennett is probably now our worst defender, although in his defence (no pun intended) he isn't a defender to begin with.