BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, DE. said:

I don't think anyone would have predicted Mulgrew leaving tbf. Bell's performance on Saturday must have really terrified Tony if he felt he had no choice but to push Mulgrew out to get Cunningham in - if that is what has happened. 

That's pretty much my take too. I think Mowbray was happy with his lot before Saturday and the woeful defending convinced him we need changes and quickly. I don't believe getting Mulgrew out and Cunningham in had been a possibility before Saturday. A new left back releases Williams to replace Mulgrew at centre half.

• Like 1

So to sum up the window. We started the summer desperately in need of cb. He brought in a striker,  midfielders, a young cb and a keeper who is at best as good as raya. sold our starting goal keeper and captain.  I dont believe we will sign Cunningham based on history.  The window is a disaster end of and its going to be a long season of struggle.  

Just now, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Lenihan as bad as Mulgrew? Really? I’d love a first choice centre half but if it ain’t happening then getting Mulgrew off the books is a cracking move

Read what I said.  

Which defender didn't get his head on the two high balls that came his way for both goals on Saturday?

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

Just now, Vilesinner said:

Reed had energy in abundance, but I am very happy with Johnson and the likes of JRC coming through. We didn't need Reed. 

Fair play to Tony for moving Charlie on, he could get a drug dealing job at the Amsterdam Red Light district with a selling ability like that.

Lenihan, Tosin, Williams and Nyambe are our 4 CBs by the sound of things. With Nyambe/JRC at RB and Cunningham/Hart at left back. 

Doesn't look too bad to me.

Reed is better than anything we have hence he's joined Fulham, a decent side. He is genuinely versatile rather than 'can do a job' in more than one position.

Sickening to see him join them but not surprising. Another one we wasted and ensured wouldnt come back.

• Like 1

Sharpe hasn't posted a damned thing about Rovers on the LT site for 9 hours. Not even confirming Magloire moved. None of the usual deadline day updates.

Did he and his employers decide that deadline day was a great time for the football reporter to have a day off?!

• Like 3

• Backroom
Just now, bluebruce said:

Sharpe hasn't posted a damned thing about Rovers on the LT site for 9 hours. Not even confirming Magloire moved. None of the usual deadline day updates.

Did he and his employers decide that deadline day was a great time for the football reporter to have a day off?!

Yep, mates wedding or not amazed that his boss approved today off 

• Like 1

Just now, bluebruce said:

Isnt it his wedding today ?

Just now, JHRover said:

Reed is better than anything we have hence he's joined Fulham, a decent side. He is genuinely versatile rather than 'can do a job' in more than one position.

Sickening to see him join them but not surprising. Another one we wasted and ensured wouldnt come back.

Isn't he the only loanee we've ensured wouldn't come back? All the others have either come back or we've not wanted them back, mostly due to being a bit gash.

Just now, DE. said:

hah, definitely not. With Mulgrew gone Bennett is probably now our worst defender, although in his defence (no pun intended) he isn't a defender to begin with. 

Crazy, really feel we lack leadership in there. 

Just now, TruRover said:

No he got married in summer. That was his biggest exclusive of the year.

Edited by AAK
  • Like 1

Just now, TruRover said:

He's a fucking idiot or genius (getting out of the hardest work day of his year) if he's planned his wedding day for today.

If I were his boss I'd be far from impressed. Tom says it's his mate's wedding though? Even worse.

• Like 1

Just now, DE. said:

Cunningham is a great signing assuming he arrives, but letting Mulgrew go is a pretty big risk. I guess we're looking at Lenihan, Tosin, Nyambe and Williams as our 4 CB options. Better pray they all stay fit or we're thin on the ground to say the least. Nyambe - Lenihan - Tosin - Cunningham is an adequete defence and certainly better than Bennett - Lenihan - Mulgrew - Bell, at least, but I'm still not convinced Bennett is going to be dropped. 

But Cunningham is only on loan, as is Tosin & the keeper.

Makes a mockery of all this "slow build" nonsense.

In an area we desperately needed to significantly strengthen, we have applied a sticking plaster.

To me, the whole window has been a mess and Mowbray (& his TV extra chief exec) have completely lost the plot.

• Like 3

Just now, JHRover said:

He's not better than Johnson and Travis.

I'd like him in the side over Evans and Smallwood, but if he's a top Championship player who's clearly not good enough for the Prem - we have two of those already in CM.

• Like 2

Just now, Tom said:

Yep, mates wedding or not amazed that his boss approved today off 

Thing is he's not even the only one they have who reports on Rovers is he? I mean, I could have done better updates for them today, and I'm including the fact I was at my own job until 6!

Just now, martonrover said:

In an area we desperately needed to significantly strengthen, we have applied a sticking plaster.

To me, the whole window has been a mess and Mowbray (& his TV extra chief exec) have completely lost the plot.

The loan moan is a weak argument! A lot of clubs have proven that you can be VERY successful with loan players. This idea that we have to own a player is outdated imo.

• Like 2

Just now, Paul Mani said:

The loan moan is a weak argument! A lot of clubs have proven that you can be VERY successful with loan players. This idea that we have to own a player is outdated imo.

I think it's more to do with we don't want the stress of going through all this crap again next summer, desperately hoping TM will bother to reinforce the defence adequately.

• Like 2

• Backroom
Just now, martonrover said:

I imagine the excuse will be that we will be potentially looking to sign Cunningham on a permanent if he does well, whilst Tosin will give us time to look for a permanent CB (or two) in either January or next summer. All bollocks of course as we had three months to get in CB's and only managed one loan which took so long he wasn't even in the squad for the first match of the season. In fact you could argue we had longer than three months as it was patently obvious way before the season ended that our defence was not up to scratch and we needed better central defenders. Mulgrew was dropped in March for goodness sake. We should have been on the lookout from that point onwards.

• Like 1

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Have you watched Mulgrew since he came back from injury!? He’s totally gone. I’m buzzing to play against him tbh! 

I agree that he has gone, but out of interest, would you be happy with only Lenihan, Adarabioyo and Williams as CB options, and only one right back?