BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

8 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Reed is better than anything we have hence he's joined Fulham, a decent side. He is genuinely versatile rather than 'can do a job' in more than one position.

Sickening to see him join them but not surprising. Another one we wasted and ensured wouldnt come back.

A jack of all trades master of none like Bennett. Both put in a massive effort but both lacking in skill.

2 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

The loan moan is a weak argument! A lot of clubs have proven that you can be VERY successful with loan players. This idea that we have to own a player is outdated imo.

Our manager has said on more than one occasion that he would rather avoid loans and get permanent additions in to build on. 

The only reason we go down the loan route is as a money saving sticking plaster temporary solution job. 

• Like 1

This Cunningham deal aint looking good.

Would be no surprise if our lot hadn't realised the deadline was 5.00 pm.

Alternatively, is there a problem with the medical?

At 20:05, difficult to understand why Rovers haven't announced it if done.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

So you would be happy with them as the only choices we have?

Nyambe cant play CB because if he does we dont have any other right backs. We lack quality and quantity.

He could in a back three 

Just now, Mercer said:

International clearance

• Like 1

Just now, Mercer said:

Agreed. Ain't happening. 

And when it doesn't it's the beginning of the end for our Tony.

Just now, Vilesinner said:

A jack of all trades master of none like Bennett. Both put in a massive effort but both lacking in skill.

You obviously weren't at West Brom if you think Reed is lacking in skill, the best individual performance I have seem by a Rovers player in many years. But of course the next game he was moved back to playing out of position. No surprise to see Reed go to a side with aspirations of promotion he was to good for a side like us who will be nervously looking over our shoulders.

• Like 9

Just now, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Agreed. Ain't happening. 

And when it doesn't it's the beginning of the end for our Tony.

Even if does happen he's on borrowed time with those CB options.  Nyambe and Williams are not CBs, they're sticking plasters at best.  So essentially we are left with 2 actual CBs - Lenihan (who is hit and miss at best) and Tosin (who we don't really know much about tbh).  Piss poor as we've needed a good, starting CB since we got promoted (actually, probably before that) and TM has failed miserably every window since to sort it.

• Like 4

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

You obviously weren't at West Brom if you think Reed is lacking in skill, the best individual performance I have seem by a Rovers player in many years. But of course the next game he was moved back to playing out of position. No surprise to see Reed go to a side with aspirations of promotion he was to good for a side like us who will be nervously looking over our shoulders.

No, but I saw a lot of very average performances also. I like him, but prefer Johnson and Travis.

• Like 1

It would seem that we probably had to guarantee Tosin a starting place for the majority of the games. If we then went and got a really good CB or Hanley, they would have had to play as well, so where would that have left Lennihan? Signing a CB who would be willing to warm the bench wouldn’t have improved our 1st team and could have blocked the progression of our academy players. Letting Mulgrew leave is no loss to the defence, but leaves us short of good enough CBs for cover. If we DO manage to sign the LB then at least we will have strengthened the back 4. 

Just now, Vilesinner said:

No, but I saw a lot of very average performances also. I like him, but prefer Johnson and Travis.

I've seen you wax lyrical about some of our dross (no, not Travis and Johnson), yet you're dissing Reed. Think it's fair to say from this and the general pattern of your posts that you'll basically back whatever the club do or fail to do, regardless.

• Like 1

Speeches done. Understand #Rovers tried hard for Harrison Reed and thought they were there until Fulham came in with a deal that blew theirs out the water. Still expecting Cunningham in and Mulgrew out.   From Sharp

Edited by unsall
  • Like 1

IF Cunningham gets over the line then we have a stronger defence than we started the day (and the window) with. Still not as strong as it could and should have been, but it’s still stronger overall. Mulgrew going also improves us as his legs have gone and he’s now a liability. 

A back four of:

Nyambe Lenihan Tosin Cunningham 

Not too bad at all and an improvement on the back four at the weekend. Williams will now permanently move into the CB reckon where he’s decent. 

I do fear what that back four will look like if we get an injury or two though. However, I’d still rather not have Mulgrew (or Bell) in the back four regardless of whether there is an injury or not. They are both hopeless. Bennett is an ok right back, but will be down the pecking order to JRC and Nyambe as the season goes on imo. 

Like I've mentioned before the back four has been poor since Mowbray took over. Hes only brought Bell in before this window. If he gets the defence sorted with the players we have in midfield and attack we stand a chance of progression. If we continue not to address the problem Mowbray needs to go and let Damien Johnson take the reins

Just now, roversinmyblood said:

It would seem that we probably had to guarantee Tosin a starting place for the majority of the games. If we then went and got a really good CB or Hanley, they would have had to play as well, so where would that have left Lennihan? Signing a CB who would be willing to warm the bench wouldn’t have improved our 1st team and could have blocked the progression of our academy players. Letting Mulgrew leave is no loss to the defence, but leaves us short of good enough CBs for cover. If we DO manage to sign the LB then at least we will have strengthened the back 4. 

I am not convinced Charlie was good enough as cover anymore......

I just hope these deals go through cos if they don't , a taxi will be waiting for Tony Mowbray ...