BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, bluebruce said:

I've seen you wax lyrical about some of our dross (no, not Travis and Johnson), yet you're dissing Reed. Think it's fair to say from this and the general pattern of your posts that you'll basically back whatever the club do or fail to do, regardless.

Not dissing him. Just don't think he's a right back and we don't need another Midfielder.

• Like 1

Just now, unsall said:

Speeches done. Understand #Rovers tried hard for Harrison Reed and thought they were there until Fulham came in with a deal that blew theirs out the water. Still expecting Cunningham in and Mulgrew out.   From Sharp

Why the f8ck did we leave it that late to try for a player we had here all of last year? You're all over the f8ckkng place Tony and its absolutely infuriating. 

• Like 3

• Moderation Lead
Just now, Vilesinner said:

A jack of all trades master of none like Bennett. Both put in a massive effort but both lacking in skill.

I know it’s transfer deadline day, but, have you been drinking?

• Like 3

Just now, unsall said:

Speeches done. Understand #Rovers tried hard for Harrison Reed and thought they were there until Fulham came in with a deal that blew theirs out the water. Still expecting Cunningham in and Mulgrew out.   From Sharp

Much as we all rated Reedy was he really what we needed ? Maybe he can play centre half ?

• Like 1

Just now, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Why the f8ck did we leave it that late to try for a player we had here all of last year? You're all over the f8ckkng place Tony and its absolutely infuriating. 

Have you ever considered that either:

- We did try for him earlier and things only got moving late in the window.

or

- Southampton only made him available late in the window. 

• Like 1

There was clearly no plan this window just the same old scattergun approach.

Ahh come on mate. Get with the program! They only become available at that point. Everyone hates deadline day. But clubs hang on as long as possible.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

The loan moan is a weak argument! A lot of clubs have proven that you can be VERY successful with loan players. This idea that we have to own a player is outdated imo.

But continuity is preferable.

We may be able to successful with loan players but that successful side will be dismantled at the end of the season. Surely a team that improves together over a number of yerars is what we need.

Just now, Vilesinner said:

Not dissing him. Just don't think he's a right back and we don't need another Midfielder.

You said he lacks skill. He doesn't. I'd call that dissing.

I also think that, whilst not a RB, he's a better RB than Bennett, who seems set to play there most of this season.

Don’t think reed was ever coming back here no matter how hard mowbray tried, was always wanting to stay down south. Also don’t see where he was playing, not that I don’t rate him but we are packed with centre mids and wasted on the wing. If that’s where he was going why not sign a winger ?‍♂️

• Like 1

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Fulham also signed Bobby Reid from Cardiff. So that's 2 Reed/Reids in 1 day.

They've signed some good players. Revised my prediction from 3-1 to 4-0 defeat. 

Surely not - they've only just arrived in the building and had no time on the grass!

• Like 1