BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Now im nervous..im still believing on my team but yes we just made weaker even a side of pitch that was weak enough...now indeed  could be a hard seasson so...our midfield and atack will have to do a gret and notorious campaign.

And i don't kno why still thinking about Cunningham time's out pals! 

• Like 2

Just now, Eddie said:

Have you ever considered that either:

- We did try for him earlier and things only got moving late in the window.

or

- Southampton only made him available late in the window. 

I did consider this. But I, unlike Tony, realise we have 476 midfielders and half a defence.

Just now, JHRover said:

Not really. All up north. He's a professional footballer, he'll go where's best for his career. Clearly that isnt us.

Know what you’re saying, but if was only a loan then he wouldn’t be up for it as was mentioned, his wife didn’t want to be up there. Anyway, nobody really knows what’s going on.

Just now, MarkBRFC71 said:

Can we still sign free agents?  Maybe that's the plan - scrape the bottom of that barrel and see what turns up?

YES

And we can still ship players out to League 1/2 clubs permanently or on loan until their deadline closes.

Just now, Crimpshrine said:

But continuity is preferable.

We may be able to successful with loan players but that successful side will be dismantled at the end of the season. Surely a team that improves together over a number of yerars is what we need.

Even when the players are yours the more successful players can get taken away by the bigger fish. What you need is what the Dingles had, a really successful, coherent, logical way of playing that doesn't rely on too many star players but on a hardworking bunch with a good team ethic and workrate so when you are ultimately successful you can hold on to most of them. At this moment we are a million miles away from that point.

• Like 3

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya, seems that way. Bidding for Reed and not for a centre half , whilst also letting Mulgrew go is peculiar. I hope this Tosin guy is very good. 

As you say, I hope Tosin improves our defence but we also need to find more goals throughout the team to replace Mulgrew's contribution and find a new dead ball expert.

Just now, rovers11 said:

IF Cunningham gets over the line then we have a stronger defence than we started the day (and the window) with. Still not as strong as it could and should have been, but it’s still stronger overall. Mulgrew going also improves us as his legs have gone and he’s now a liability. 

A back four of:

Nyambe Lenihan Tosin Cunningham 

Not too bad at all and an improvement on the back four at the weekend. Williams will now permanently move into the CB reckon where he’s decent. 

Thats OK if the 21 year old lad from city, who spent most of last season at RB and has a been touted as a defensive midfield player, is commanding at centre half. If he works out then it's a much stronger defence providing they are all fit.  However if he's exposed at the centre of defence at Championship level then we are screwed. Massive risk which will define our season and, I now suspect, Mowbray's reign.

Williams is certainly not commanding in the air, and his positional sense in the centre of a back four is suspect. He's a bottom half centre back at best. 

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Even when the players are yours the more successful players can get taken away by the bigger fish. What you need is what the Dingles had, a really successful, coherent, logical way of playing that doesn't rely on too many star players but on a hardworking bunch with a good team ethic and workrate so when you are ultimately successful you can hold on to most of them. At this moment we are a million miles away from that point.

Sadly I agree.

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

Don’t think reed was ever coming back here no matter how hard mowbray tried, was always wanting to stay down south. Also don’t see where he was playing, not that I don’t rate him but we are packed with centre mids and wasted on the wing. If that’s where he was going why not sign a winger ?‍♂️

That's not the Mowbray Method.

Think it's clear as day, we barely had a transfer pot to p1ss in and all incomings (fees / wages) had to at least be matched by equal outgoings.  Been posting this for some time now.

The £5million on Gallagher, IMO, now looks the height of folly.  Thi8s follows on from the £7million, IMO, spunked up the wall on Brereton.

Think my bet on Mowbray being the first Championship Manager to go is looking increasingly good.  Think he's under pressure and rattled as his comments showed today.

• Like 4

Just now, Tormund said:

Know what you’re saying, but if was only a loan then he wouldn’t be up for it as was mentioned, his wife didn’t want to be up there. Anyway, nobody really knows what’s going on.

End of the day we didn't get him because:

a) We didn't really want him/try hard enough for him

b) He didn't fancy playing on the wing for a side going nowhere

c) We didn't offer enough money

Excuses like he didn't fancy moving up north (2 hour train ride) are typical of the self pity blame deflection that we see at Rovers these days. I'm bored with it all to be honest. Nice guys who 'try hard' come last in this game.

• Like 1