BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, bluebruce said:

Wow, that's the worst photo. Blurry hands and his face looks almost CGI (on my phone at least). Someone even forgot to edit in the greenscreen!

That said, I wouldn't give a fuck if they used the greenscreen to add a gay orgy in the background. Just glad we finally have a left back better than Bell!!

Still worried about our CB situation, which was the priority for me all summer.

Hart needs to go on loan again now. Maybe Rochdale again? They rated him, should play him, and he'll be able to build on his understanding with Magloire.

It's not a photo, it's a GIF of him putting the shirt on. Someone tweeted announce Cunningham in the new 3rd shirt and they obliged

Edited by Ossydave

So will Cunningham play at Fulham, or will he need 2 months to inspect the wallpaper at Ewood to make sure he feels at home?

Defence likely to be

Bennett, Lenihan, Williams, Bell

but should be

Nyambe, Lenihan, Williams, Cunningham

not that I like Williams but I don't think he'll play the City lad 

• Like 1

Just now, DE. said:

To tell you the truth I'm stunned he even wanted to come back here. He must have been getting desperate. Where exactly would he have played anyway? Right back? I'm actually inclined to think Mowbray would have replaced Travis with Reed in all honesty. 

No , I think after Saturday blind panic set in , he only  goes for what he knows and I think Johnson could be lined up as a central defender with Travis and Reed in midfield ...

He still might too ...

• Like 1

Just now, Tugayisgod said:

Still think Joel Lynch is something we are looking at. Free agent, tough, uncompromising, what we need

Well regarded by QPR fans too

If he ain’t good enough for qpr he ain’t good enough for us. We needed a big cb not a freebie not wanted by anyone else 

Just now, Tormund said:

Nyambe, Lenihan, Tosin, Cunningham. Doesn’t look too bad, providing Tosin performs well. 

That would be the ideal defence but will Mowbray pick that defence is another thing altogether

• Like 1

• Backroom
Just now, TruRover said:

If he ain’t good enough for qpr he ain’t good enough for us. We needed a big cb not a freebie not wanted by anyone else 

Indeed. We already went down that route with the likes of Williamson, Browny, Taylor, Wes Brown, Delfouneso, etc... it only took us in one direction and it wasn't up. 

Finally !

New LB to replace Bell.

Williams to replace Mulgrew

Toshin as backup for Williams / Lenihan

We have to hope he is just giving Nyambe a couple of weeks out the team due to the Africa Cup, then Bennett will make way.

For me it was LB that was number 1 priority. 

• Like 1

Just now, Ossydave said:

It's not a photo, it's a GIF of him putting the shirt on. Someone tweeted announce Cunningham in the new 3rd shirt and they obliged

Cheers, wasn't showing as a GIF on my end.

Just now, DE. said:

To tell you the truth I'm stunned he even wanted to come back here. He must have been getting desperate. Where exactly would he have played anyway? Right back? I'm actually inclined to think Mowbray would have replaced Travis with Reed in all honesty. 

One of the two would probably go RB or as some rwb in a 3 at the back. Just a shame as although I rate Johnson, still would have preferred Reed for resale if anything else.

Pleased with Cunningham signing.....North End fans speak very highly of him. However......I cannot believe that Mowbray hasn’t replaced Mulgrew.....looks like Williams will be the only defensive cover. I am going to enjoy typing this next sentence....Mulgrew has gone and we will be far better without him.

Mowbray’s transfer dealings have been nothing short of appalling...he cannot be allowed to stay in post for much longer.

• Like 1

• Backroom
Just now, JacknOry said:

One of the two would probably go RB or as some rwb in a 3 at the back. Just a shame as although I rate Johnson, still would have preferred Reed for resale if anything else.

I honestly don't think Mowbray has the courage to try three at the back regularly. He tried it a couple of times last season and it failed so miserably it was quickly forgotten. We haven't been playing three at the back in pre-season and we have nowhere near enough depth at CB to play that kind of system regularly, so, I doubt it's even come into Mowbray's thoughts as far as transfer targets are concerned. if it was then we would surely have been on the lookout for higher quality wing backs and more than just one CB signing.  

Im so confused after this window. Mowbray has been talking a lot about our european scouting network and we haven't signed anyone from abroad. Im pretty sure we haven't signed anyone that Tony didn't know everything about. He has also talked about the need for new defenders. We have loaned 2 so we now have 3 left backs, 1 right back and 2 centre backs assuming we are selling Mulgrew. Is he gonna try out a new formation or is he back to the round holes  thing?