BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

What a terrible let down TM is !! Feel sick with his comments on how he knows best and nobody understands better then him and His side kick Venus bla  bla ...

Never Rated Lenihan and now got Williams as our centre backs ... but he knows better !  

• Like 5

Just now, stinny1 said:

What it shows his we've had too let one player go, to get one in, the budget  must have been peanuts never mind the same has last season lieing  bastards  the lot of them

No, it doesn't. It may just show that Mowbray realised that Mulgrew put him in an impossible situation. 

Tough to drop your club captain in a position where he is unlikely to ever be subbed on. 

• Backroom
Just now, geedog13 said:

The 28-year-old has joined on a season-long deal but is not expected to feature for Tony Mowbray’s side in their Championship clash at Fulham on Saturday.

Of course. Has to prepare himself to be better than Amari Bell. Ffs. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Wow, that's the worst photo. Blurry hands and his face looks almost CGI (on my phone at least). Someone even forgot to edit in the greenscreen!

That said, I wouldn't give a fuck if they used the greenscreen to add a gay orgy in the background. Just glad we finally have a left back better than Bell!!

Still worried about our CB situation, which was the priority for me all summer.

Hart needs to go on loan again now. Maybe Rochdale again? They rated him, should play him, and he'll be able to build on his understanding with Magloire.

Was a screenshot of a gif to be fair...hopefully his official picture is better!

• Backroom
Just now, Paul Mellelieu said:

Two plus a keeper.

If we're talking net then it is one, as we let Raya & Mulgrew (assuming he leaves) go and brought in Tosin, Cunningham & Walton.

Just now, DE. said:

Of course. Has to prepare himself to be better than Amari Bell. Ffs. 

You can bet Reed will be ready to play for Fulham.

Expect Cunningham to be eased in for Christmas.

Good options up front. More mobile options in defence. Experienced midfield general with good talent around him.

We don’t know what we don’t know. We didn’t sell Sessignon so Fulham had more money for Reed.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Mulgrew and Mowbray had a Lampard and Luiz moment and Mowbray cut his losses on a big wage earner. 

Time for the youngsters to shine.

• Like 1

The 28-year-old has joined on a season-long deal but is not expected to feature for Tony Mowbray’s side in their Championship clash at Fulham on Saturday.

Seems I was right.  The lad's raring to go to judge from his comments but will have to earn his place in our first choice defence.

This could only happen under Tony Mowbray. 

Being realistic, the window has been ok. We’ve added some championship experience and quality. The signing of Cunningham and loan of Mulgrew is good business too.

BUT we have not suitably sorted the defence and do I’m disappointed and I do not believe we will achieve our goal. The manager is under pressure.

• Like 2

So when all said and done:

Walton

Nyambe - Tosin - Lenihan - Cunninghan 

Travis        Johnson 

Downing            Dack           Rothwell

Gallagher

Is our best XI for me (one wing spot being the only question, and probably Downing gets the nod down to his quality on the bell and set plays).

Of course we all know Bennett will play, and Rothwell won't.

Not a complete failure of a window, however 3 loans and no depth at all in defense, we haven't upgraded on Raya and the only players we signed were either pushing career twilight or vastly expensive...

Expecting a free agent CB (a la Rodwell) to come in and hope to god Smallwood to go out.

Long month ahead... see if it's enough to keep Mowbray in his job.

• Like 1

• Backroom
Just now, Paul Mani said:

Being realistic, the window has been ok. We’ve added some championship experience and quality. The signing of Cunningham and loan of Mulgrew is good business too.

BUT we have not suitably sorted the defence and do I’m disappointed and I do not believe we will achieve our goal. The manager is under pressure.

If we had gotten another CB in I would have said the window was OK. Not really good enough, but not bad either. As it stands we're a couple of defensive injuries away from disaster imo. 

Just now, unleaded said:

What a terrible let down TM is !! Feel sick with his comments on how he knows best and nobody understands better then him and His side kick Venus bla  bla ...

Never Rated Lenihan and now got Williams as our centre backs ... but he knows better !  

Cunningham, Lenihan, Adarabioyo, Nyambe is a better back 4 than we fielded at any point last year.

• Like 4

Just now, geedog13 said:

It doesn't, it says two deals are expected to go through.

One is Cunningham coming in, the other is Mulgrew departing 

Edited by MarkBRFC

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Is it? From my reading on twitter fans at every club are moaning about who they haven't signed. 

Bristol City have done well. Fulham obviously too. Outside of them I don't see who else would be ecstatic. 

Leeds got Eddie Nweitkh laddie from Arsenal, probably now best player in division. West Brom have signed three class players just today.

Kept hold of Dack

Upgrade at LB

Upgrade at CM

Depth upfront

It was a poor day for us, but over the whole window it isn’t as doom and gloom as many are making out. 

I think one established CB to go alongside Tosin would have made the window a decent success, so it is a shame we couldn’t get anyone in for whatever reason that may be. 

• Like 5

Just now, Fraserkirky said:

Leeds got Eddie Nweitkh laddie from Arsenal, probably now best player in division. West Brom have signed three class players just today.

Best player in the division? Bit extreme! Lad has barely played.

• Like 1

Just now, Fraserkirky said:

Best player in the division? Really? Because he scored against Burnley?

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

Cunningham, Lenihan, Adarabioyo, Nyambe is a better back 4 than we fielded at any point last year.

Yeah this is a decent lineup, but if any of them get injured it’s absolute panic stations. Hope this means Mowbray really trusts JRC to step into RB when Nyambe might be needed to cover inside.

Although odd, getting rid of Mulgrew is a stroke of genius though. Absolute liability at this level.