BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

4 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

Mulgrew's exit, although cheered on by some here could have a real impact on squad morale, as Glenn suggests above.  Mulgrew has been a key fixture in the squad for three years and his leaving under these circumstances is worrying.  

So should we keep him just because he has mates in the dressing room? 

His legs have gone.  

• Like 1

Just now, davulsukur said:

That's a good shout to be fair. With all the banter and stuff you see from the club and players social media, it sometimes needs something like this to give people a kick up the backside.

Kind of puts a damper on the Happy Camp myth though

• Backroom
Just now, davulsukur said:

That's a good shout to be fair. With all the banter and stuff you see from the club and players social media, it sometimes needs something like this to give people a kick up the backside.

It either goes that way, or the players collectively think Mowbray is more of a problem than they are, and are pissed off that when a team leader voiced the concensus he was shipped out. Player power is a very real thing nowadays, rightly or wrongly, and this could as easily mark the end for Mowbray as anything else. 

I think we all agree that our side is around the same quality as what it was last season. Can anyone explain to me how we’re going to go from 15th to the top 6 (which by all accounts is the aspiration)? It’s impossible, another miserable season in this dreadful league ahead, can’t wait.

21 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Just trying to work out what happens when Lenihan picks up his inevitable injury. Williams no pre-season of any description. Presume the 'grand plan' is to make Nyambe into a backup CB. We'll be seeing Joe Grayson in the team, no doubt about it.

Richie Smallwood will step in at CB before that.

Just now, RovingRover said:

Easily one of the most humiliating days I have ever experienced as a Blackburn Rovers fan trying to get information out with regards to the clubs deals.

To say it was a shambles would be an understatement.

This club is in big big trouble.

The attempt to sign Harrison Reed for instance has really shook me in terms of how low we have fallen.
Fancy trying to sign a player on loan at 30% supplemented wages and offering to sign him at the end of the loan for under £3 million. Soton laughed it off and got the full 100% wages plus an agreement to sign for £5 million come the end of the season with add-ons from Fulham.

The Cunningham deal which has been apparently worked on for 48 hours couldn't even be completed with an agreement to sign him at the end of the season should he do well for us.

3 CB's were bid for along with a goalkeeper. Haven't a clue who they are. But they were all laughed off as being too low cash offers.

We are now categorically left with a weaker defence than the League One defence we had, let alone what we had last season.

Mowbray know's it. Everyone in the building knows it. Whilst I don't rate Mulgrew, not replacing him with an experience 1st team CB is absolute suicide.

I expect Mowbray will pay for this abject failure with his job before the end of the season.

Notice Cunningham has very clearly been listed as a "left-back" on the club website.

As I clearly outlined the other week when we signed Tosin. The condition was that he would a) be played in the 1st team and b) be played at CB.

We are left with Derrick Williams, Tosin Adarabioyo, Darragh Lenihan, Lewis Travis, Joe Grayson and at a push Ryan Nyambe for CB.

I expect Bennett to be handed the captains armband by the way.

There’s absolutely no way Mowbray finishes this season as the Blackburn Rovers manager, no way. We’ve just got to hope it’s not done too late.

Easily one of the most humiliating days I have ever experienced as a Blackburn Rovers fan trying to get information out with regards to the clubs deals.

This club is in big big trouble.I expect Bennett to be handed the captains armband by the way.

Thanks for that insight.

A damning indictment on the club and the depths to which it has sunk.

Is this Mowbray's fault or the admin people or a combination of factors?

And why was the club captain unceremoniously shoved out of the door so quickly? 

Bennett as captain will not go down well either

Edited by jim mk2

• Backroom

The attempt to sign Harrison Reed for instance has really shook me in terms of how low we have fallen.
Fancy trying to sign a player on loan at 30% supplemented wages and offering to sign him at the end of the loan for under £3 million. Soton laughed it off and got the full 100% wages plus an agreement to sign for £5 million come the end of the season with add-ons from Fulham.

The Cunningham deal which has been apparently worked on for 48 hours couldn't even be completed with an agreement to sign him at the end of the season should he do well for us.

3 CB's were bid for along with a goalkeeper. Haven't a clue who they are. But they were all laughed off as being too low cash offers.

We are now categorically left with a weaker defence than the League One defence we had, let alone what we had last season.

Mowbray know's it. Everyone in the building knows it. Whilst I don't rate Mulgrew, not replacing him with an experience 1st team CB is absolute suicide.

I expect Mowbray will pay for this abject failure with his job before the end of the season.

Notice Cunningham has very clearly been listed as a "left-back" on the club website.

As I clearly outlined the other week when we signed Tosin. The condition was that he would a) be played in the 1st team and b) be played at CB.

We are left with Derrick Williams, Tosin Adarabioyo, Darragh Lenihan, Lewis Travis, Joe Grayson and at a push Ryan Nyambe for CB.

Scary stuff if true, and it wouldn't surprise me if it was. Much like last summer it seems like it was panic stations on the final day of the window, hoping to get a super cheap deal as we appear to have either blown our entire budget on Gallagher or just never had a budget for defensive players. Either way this window combined with our dire first result and potential squad unrest could land us in big trouble this season. The squad isn't necessarily weaker than last season, but if the players are unhappy will we be able to pull ourselves out of tailspins like we did last season, or we continue plummeting to the ground until the pilot is ejected? 

Edited by DE.

We can't compete with PL parachute money.

Who's negotiating the deals? Must be Waggott, surely?

I think £3 million for Reed is fair enough. Not sure I'd pay £5 million for him. Johnson, Travis and Buckley are all be better than him. 

Cunningham, Johnson and Gallagher are excellent signings. We are stronger now imo, with much more height and heading ability.

• Like 1

Just now, Valois said:

Shocked to see so many Wigan fans excited at the prospect of taking Mulgrew on loan. Surely alarms bells would be ringing if we’re allowing the club captain to go out on loan to a rival?

I am shocked , Wigan actually wanted him ...

Who is paying his wages ??

Why would they be prioritising informing you about the potential deals? No offence, but I’m pretty sure most fans would prefer that they tried to focus on getting signings across the line. 

You obviously feel differently but I found it more humiliating when we appointed Coyle, and were subsequently relegated into League 1. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

End of the day we didn't get him because:

a) We didn't really want him/try hard enough for him

b) He didn't fancy playing on the wing for a side going nowhere

c) We didn't offer enough money

Excuses like he didn't fancy moving up north (2 hour train ride) are typical of the self pity blame deflection that we see at Rovers these days. I'm bored with it all to be honest. Nice guys who 'try hard' come last in this game.

It wasn't that he didn't want to move up north it was his missus, she didn't want to move away from her family.