BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, Vilesinner said:

I think £3 million for Reed is fair enough. Not sure I'd pay £5 million for him. Johnson, Travis and Buckley are all be better than him. 

Cunningham, Johnson and Gallagher are excellent signings. We are stronger now imo, with much more height and heading ability.

Interesting , imo Reed is a far superior player to anyone in our midfield , as of now...Buckley may turn out to be better in time ....

• Like 4

Just now, neophox said:

Mulgrew did score 10 goals last season so really hope Brereton and Gally can get some goals..

But the counter argument to that is, if we could defend we wouldn't need our centre half to chip in with 10 goals. We couldn't defend in league one and we certainly couldn't defend in the championship last year. I like Mulgrew but I don't see him defend his box well enough. I don't see him stride out with the ball. Most importantly I don't see him really break sweat. That header last weekend is unforgivable for a centre half. No pressure. Just read the flight of the ball. But let's not be too harsh. 3 years ago his actual position wasn't even defined.

• Like 1

Not sure our defence is any weaker than it was in League 1. 

All I know is that last week I was pretty gutted to see Mulgrew’s name on the team sheet after how poor he was last season. In isolation, him leaving is not a problem. Williams looked more solid when he played CB. That says it all.

Reed is an odd one. We have no need for him. Good player but not required. Seems like a waste of energy to try and get him back.

TM has played his cards. No excuses. He’s had the time and money to make this work. 

4 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

No, he is total shyte, did you miss last season?

Nope, I was there home and away. He was injured for a while and played at lb. When he was finally put in at CB next to Lenihan (A position he represents his country at) he was decent. Not spectacular but decent and did a job. 

• Like 1

Just now, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Not sure our defence is any weaker than it was in League 1. 

All I know is that last week I was pretty gutted to see Mulgrew’s name on the team sheet after how poor he was last season. In isolation, him leaving is not a problem. Williams looked more solid when he played CB. That says it all.

Reed is an odd one. We have no need for him. Good player but not required. Seems like a waste of energy to try and get him back.

TM has played his cards. No excuses. He’s had the time and money to make this work. 

Smallwood and Evans should never have been given new contracts , that would have freed up a place for Reed ...

• Like 5

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Oooooosh....watch how many skip past that comment! ??

If posters 'skip' past something very recently posted just maybe it because they think its just gossip or actually bollocks or haven't seen it yet.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

Nope, I was there home and away. He was injured for a while and played at lb. When he was finally put in at CB next to Lenihan (A position he represents his country at) he was decent. Not spectacular but decent and did a job. 

He's played for his country once and in that game he lined up at left back.

Edited by Ewood Ace

Just now, dinglebasher said:

Sorry to interrupt the communal wrist slitting with a controversial opinion but how about we put away the razor blades until we’ve seen how this lot play football matches? 

This message board has been chock full of criticism of Mulgrew (who, if we’re honest, was scarcely good enough for League 1 at centre half - we only looked defensively competent that season when Lenihan came back in), Raya and Smallwood, and TM has binned them all off. Smallwood wasn’t even in the squad on Saturday.

Ultimately, managers live and die by their signings, and in general, TM has improved the squad massively since he took over. 

The midfield in his first match was Feeney, Lowe, Conway and Guthrie. Emnes was up front with DG, with Steele in goal. The bench was Stokes, Gallagher, Tomlinson, Joao, Wes Brown, Tomlinson, Raya and Mahoney, and the context was a club in free fall with a transfer embargo and indifferent / insane ownership. 

To improve the squad from that line up to the current one, whilst bringing us out of FFP and in the context of Venkys is nothing short of miraculous. 

We should be grateful we have a club at all, and for those of you expecting Premier League football three years after that situation - check yourselves.

Shall we not just see how they get on?

I just hope we get the opportunity to see if they are alright. Come on Mowbray pick them.

Oooooosh....watch how many skip past that comment! ??

To be fair, How the heck would a guy who lives in sweden (neophox) know more than anyone on here? He doesnt. He just comes out with random shite constantly.

Edited by AAK
  • Like 1